47 members have voted

1. 1. What Beer Would You Prefer?

• Keith's Original
    • Keith's White
    • Corona
    • Sleeman's Creme Ale
    • Sleeman's Honey Brown Lager
    • Budweiser

I refuse to choose between 6 different versions of the exact same beer. (Yes I'm a bit of a beer snob). Even Slemans only pretends to brew craft beer. Try something locally brewed (a good real mirobrewery) and make sure that it is fresh. You'll be amazed what beer can be.....;)duff-beer.jpg

Beau's has my vote for best Ontario lager - Mill Street Tankhouse for best Ontario ale. Waterloo dark is pretty good, but a little sweet for Guinness lovers. (I will definitely check out the Jamaica Dragon Stout).

But if you want to pleasantly surprise those who have not tasted it - introduce them to the best lager in the world (outside Belgium) ... Pilsner Urquell from the Czech Republic... and for the reasons mentioned, best served chilled after the event!

Newcastle Broon Ayle...och, you can only get it in a can in these parts, bloody wretched geordie shite!

I kid, haven't had one of those in ages, but last I recall it was only available in a can and that's just not the same. I'll have to go back and revisit my roots some time soon ;)

They have it in bottles at the Beer Store. Since the Geordie's know more about partying than anyone...and trust it pains me to say that, but it is very true...they deifinitely have a good grasp on how to make quality beer!

I have also grown very found of both Beau's and Mill Street. Love the microbreweries! Steamwhistle is also one hell of a good beer!

But if you want to pleasantly surprise those who have not tasted it - introduce them to the best lager in the world (outside Belgium) ... Pilsner Urquell from the Czech Republic... and for the reasons mentioned, best served chilled after the event!

Urquell is a nice lager (and one of the few true pilseners being from Pilsen) but it is a mere shadow of the beer that it used to be. They've dumbed it down for modern audiences to compete with the likes of Stella, etc. It used to have more hops, more maltiness, and was a far more complex beer.

Maybe those of us who like the craft beers can bring some of their favourites for Lindsay to taste - although I do like the idea of an on-site microbrewery :)

although I do like the idea of an on-site microbrewery :smile:

Sounds like a dream come true! My two favourite guilty pleasures in one place! On a similar vane, I found a Brew Pub/Strip club once in BC (New Westminster I believe) called "Mugs & Jugs". The beer wasn't very good, but I figured the brewer must've been distracted. ;) It was gone last time I was there though.

I found a Brew Pub/Strip club once in BC (New Westminster I believe) called "Mugs & Jugs". The beer wasn't very good, but I figured the brewer must've been distracted. ;) It was gone last time I was there though.

I think the only strip clubs now are Brandi's and the Paramount. I could be wrong tho.

Although all great suggestions -- How about an old fashioned glass of ice water or something to that effect for the ones that drive.

Guest C**Tra****er

Although I've been known to partake in a bottle or two of Keith's Finest Brew, I find that my current taste runs more to the aged rum nowadays. My current favorite is a nice 15 year old bottle of El Dorado.

CHANGED my mind. I love organic cider!

I did a double take there - I thought you wrote "orgasmic" cider.

Love Tiger beer, along with Sapparo, another couple of fav's are Bavaria, Grolsch, Bavik "Petrus Blond" from Belgium-(not talking about a lady but Kate your more than welcome to join me ) :)

Bavik - Petrus Blond 33cl, 6,6%

0000357_125.jpeg

Pours golden with a small, fizzy white head. Settles as thin film. Fruity aroma, oranges, grape, yeast and sweet malts........mmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe talking about a lady now...lol

Tiger beer - nom nom nom! Bella, if you like Asian beers, try that or Tsing Tao. Both are great :)