kristen stewart looked hot.

that's all I have to say.

oh and Miley looked fucking great.. go miley!

who watched the oscars, anyway? I think I'm the only one heheheh.

Kristen_Stewart_Oscars_2010.jpg

Kirsten is hot, but looked nervous when she had to speak.

otherwise it was OK i guess

Steve and Alec as hosts were ho hum IMHO

I am ashamed to admit that I watched 3\4 of it, including the red carpet.

Not a fan of Stewart,

Not a fan of little Billy Ray

Clooney's Italian squeeze was very hot,

Was it just me or did Sara Jessica Parker look like an Oscar statue?

What the hell was wrong with Kathy Irleand?

Hurt Locker rules, saw the premier in June in NYC thanks to a generous client. Never thought it would have won an Oscar, deserved it but was up against some stiff competition (would have loved to see UP win as well).

992a15bb253f4b670502387951acd0bd.jpg

Edited by cordsboy
add image

The oscars had some great contenders this year..i seen 5 or 6 of the movies and loved them all..they picked perfect winners especailly Christoph Waltz in Inglourious Basterds.

Oscars are bullshit...prepackaged mediocrity and papparazzi goop. I don't care what famous people do or wear and it's all a big commercial event that's trivial. It's right up there in importance as Valentines day and leprechauns.

Come on....the Hurt Locker? I saw it...bunch of American patriotic bullshit. Sure it was good, but Avatar is should have won. It's just a big political statement about Iraq...effing bullshit.

I tend to agree with what Buggernot posted. I didn't watch it, just checked the MTV live blog every once in awhile to see what was up.

I always liked Jeff Bridges and was glad he finally won an oscar.

I did not see Sandra Bullock's performance, so can't comment, but she was up against some real talent like Meryl Streep and Helen Mirron.

As for best movie, typical Americans voting for a political-war thing...go figure, eh?

Guest Ou**or**n

To me this was a real down year in movies with no really good movie that we will look back upon and say "oh yeah, thats a great movie and it also won the Oscar in 2010".

Hurt Locker was meh. It had a small box office because it just isn't a movie that appeals to many people. It certainly was no Apocalypse Now for Iraq. Avatar was good (saw it twice) but it was a typically Hollywood blockbuster rather than a best picture type of movie. I felt Up was over-rated with its first 15 minutes being great but the remaining moving being fairly formula. I love QT movies but was unimpressed by Inglourious Basterds. The acting awards were ok given the mediocre level of films. I cannot comment on Precious as I never saw it

I rarely watch the awards show. I hate the production numbers and I only really care about the top 6 awards so sitting through hours of tv just isn't going to happen.

I love movies too much to like the Oscars.

Oscars are exactly as stated above, just a lot of bullshit. I read the papers the next day- same old shit "Too long, ugly dress,far too many commercials, dumb speeches"

oh ya... Sandra Bullock winning two awards in the same week-end " The razzies worst actress then wins a Oscar"

Nuff said

OK OK. You're all right. It is bullshit.

BUT... it's beautiful bullshit, and anything with a little glitz catches my eye...

sigh... I am more materialistic than I thought.

Belladonna- I love the Oscars too! Thing is, I didn't think anyone really had an amazing dress. I usually look forward to Kate Winslet's outfit but it was so dull. I loved Gabourey Sidibe's dress and I thought she should have won the oscar, or at least the movie should have won. Mariah Carey, SJP, and Charlize Theron looked terrible this year!

OK OK. You're all right. It is bullshit.

BUT... it's beautiful bullshit, and anything with a little glitz catches my eye...

sigh... I am more materialistic than I thought.

There ya go, that explains everything! BS!

I love how a movie from 2008 won Best Picture for the 2009 Oscar's in 2010. That makes no sense to me. :confused: