What you love about single peeps:)

Guest Be***iful****lah

So I started a thread about the things we love regarding married folks...I wanted to also include a thread about some of the things we love about single men and women. I am curious to hear from all perspectives. And I am talking about the positives when it comes to getting involved sexually...keeping in mind please that what may be a pro for someone single does not necessarily exclude those who are not single. Just positive observations really.

Again I will begin with one quality:

They frequently have a certain luxury of liberty as far as when they can be contacted. Which means that very rarely will a text, selfie, e-mail, or phone call come with certain risks. Stress free for both parties.

I totally agree with you. I am a single peep, no worries about covering my tracks, can come and go as I please and leaving lipstick on my shirt is a happy memory not an "oh shit this isn't coming out". I'm also not on a timeline, so yeah to me it's great. All great things does have it's drawbacks though, coming home to an empty house isn't always what's it's cracked up to be as well as always going to bed alone. So just like everything in life, it has good and bad points.

Loner (one more week till retirement, now I really won't have a timeline)

• Like 1

While I certainly don't have any way if knowing it for sure.... if I am to believe most of the SP's i have met many are single... so one of the positives is all of these amazing single women who chose to work in this industry :)

Being single after years of marriage has allowed me to be me once again. I am not modifying who I am to conform with the expectations of someone else - and I don't have to put up a facade to impress. If you know me, you know what I am about.

The beauty of that? My opinions are my own. I am not bound to follow the expectations of spouse or the politically correct society in my own home.... and darn it, I really like the company I keep.

My best friends? NOT the folks from work. I have seen the true colours of my comrades in the struggle to preserve democracy. When I got sick, THEY weren't there. When I got sick, my CERB family came to my side and have stayed there.

In a way, I can truly say that I really do put the "ho" in home... and I love it!!!!

• Like 5

I am not modifying who I am to conform with the expectations of someone else - and I don't have to put up a facade to impress. If you know me, you know what I am about.

Me too, but perhaps that's why I am single;), lol!

I love being single, my life is busy and I wouldn't have the time to devote to nurturing and maintaining a relationship. I love my freedoms and the ability to "date" whomever I please, when ever I choose and in whatever manner I deem needed.

I love the single and married men I meet and would hope for those who are single or attached, that it is the relationship they want and is best for them.

• Like 1

What do I love about being single (and unattached)....??? It allowed me the freedom to see professional companions, something I personally would not have done if in a relationship or dating. Not to mention the connections made with ladies, without them (or me) getting possessive.

We respect each other seeing others in this poly amorous lifestyle. For me, well now not so strange, but in civilian dating I was monogamous so it was somewhat something new for me when I started in this lifestyle.

And I can certainly relate to Old Dog. My family did something to turn my life upside down (I now consider myself family less) But one bright light in all of this, a certain lady has been a friend, and someone to vent to...she has been much more than a companion, she has been a trusted friend (and by trust, you can trust someone with money, risk, you lose your money but it can be replaced, but she knows inner most private details of my life, risk is if it lost, it means others get to know, and my privacy gone, never to get back. Oh, btw since I prepay, I trust her with money too.

But I have found the quality/calibre of people here a cut above (generally speaking) those I see in mainstream society. If I wasn't single I never would have met these ladies, especially, a certain trusted redhead ;-) who I have, well developed, well got a soft spot for

A morning rambling over my first cup of java

RG

Guest **sh****he***ac***th

I am an unattached widower as mentioned previously in another thread (BD knows this) and I am happily retired. I have the freedom and financial means to do what I want without any worries etc. I am quite content with my situation and I have no plans to change it.

Guest Be***iful****lah

I can relate to that horrendous feeling of guilt. The one that weighs you down, makes you feel like shit, makes you loathe yourself. The kind that attempts to rob every happy and pleasurable moment you might experience. Ya, that guilt sucks.

Most of the time it's in our minds, how we were raised, what we consider to be right or wrong, our burden of responsibilities, etc.

When you are single, for the most part...thankfully you are not plagued by these guilty feelings before, during, or after what is supposed to be a pleasurable, memorable experience. Obviously I am speaking specifically about anything and everything related to sexual pleasures.

Guilt free sex.

That is a definite advantage.

For the ones who DO suffer through guilt (especially in the context of consenting adults and sex)...I wish with every fiber of my being that I could make that feeling disappear.

As for those who have rendered themselves free from that oppressive feeling of guilt...I am so happy for them, and wish more could share that freedom.

I can relate to that horrendous feeling of guilt. The one that weighs you down, makes you feel like shit, makes you loathe yourself. The kind that attempts to rob every happy and pleasurable moment you might experience. Ya, that guilt sucks.

Most of the time it's in our minds, how we were raised, what we consider to be right or wrong, our burden of responsibilities, etc.

When you are single, for the most part...thankfully you are not plagued by these guilty feelings before, during, or after what is supposed to be a pleasurable, memorable experience. Obviously I am speaking specifically about anything and everything related to sexual pleasures.

Guilt free sex.

That is a definite advantage.

For the ones who DO suffer through guilt (especially in the context of consenting adults and sex)...I wish with every fiber of my being that I could make that feeling disappear.

As for those who have rendered themselves free from that oppressive feeling of guilt...I am so happy for them, and wish more could share that freedom.

The guilt is not really about the sex.... i never feel guilty about the pleasure I share with another person.... the guilt if and when I feel it is about the potential pain I might cause a loved one who does not feel as open about sexual relations as I do.... a subtle difference but important... i would never want a woman I have been with to feel like I feel guilty about the wonderful gift we have shared.

Just my opinion.

Guest Be***iful****lah
The guilt is not really about the sex.... i never feel guilty about the pleasure I share with another person.... the guilt if and when I feel it is about the potential pain I might cause a loved one who does not feel as open about sexual relations as I do.... a subtle difference but important... i would never want a woman I have been with to feel like I feel guilty about the wonderful gift we have shared.

Just my opinion.

Good point, but each individual will have guilty feelings based on their unique perspectives of what exactly provokes that feeling. For some...the guilt does not come from the actual acts...but rather the feeling of hiding or feeling dishonest. For others it will be just the fact that their mind and thoughts have wandered to a path viewed as more deviant and less acceptable. For some it is completely religious based/influenced.

I would not feel responsible for someone's guilty feelings whether or not our actions together provoke those feelings. It is highly personal and complex, I would not allow that burden to fall on my shoulders.

That being said...guilty feelings or not, where ever they may be rooted...I would appreciate every moment together with no regrets. Life is too short.

Guest c**io**m7

Being able to just hop in my car and go out...with no explanation, with no time constraints. If I want to leave at 11:00 at night for some pool and pitchers, I can just go do it. The freedom is priceless.