This is the type of Crap that some ladies are put through on CL

Compare it to a threat of violence: "If you don't have sex with me' date=' I will stab you with this knife." Surely that's rape? Yes, he could still stab you even if you have sex with him. The point is that when a person threatens and intimidates another into sex, there is no consent and it is rape.

I also agree in educating people and doing what you can to minimize the risk. This is what I meant by support rather than judgment.[/quote']

I totally agree with everything you have said. Education and support are the only ways to make a difference; even if it is a small difference, every little bit counts! We are human beings worthy of respect no matter what we choose to do for a living.

Why is the info on this guy not on a site like SPOC ?

Mr. Robins has an dishonorable mention !

Info on this guy needs to be spread far and wide, to nail him, the sooner the better ! (maybe an ad on CL pointing to SPOC)

Blackmail, extorsion, harassement, impersonating a public official, rape ?

What has he left out ?

And uses Beatles names, that's really low !

I also agree with what is said by Megan's Touch and others. Threathening somebody is an aggression; sex without mutual consent is a rape.

Guest O***wa**W
With welfare for a single person being somewhere around $560 a month and ODSP being around $900, even if their shelter is subsized by Ottawa Housing, let's face it, it is human nature to try and find ways to get more money even if you're not boozing or drugging it up - but that just makes the incentive higher.

And let's be reminded of the people on assistance who aren't in subsidized housing paying market rents. I don't know of many places where you can rent a room for $360 a month (which is the shelter portion for welfare) - so can you really blame them?

Very good points.

If someone on ODSP (under1000$/ month) doesnt have subsidized housing, and most dont, since the waiting list for a single person is 8 years, then they have to pay market rent, which is very high. So I can see how "working part time" to earn some extra money in this industry may be attractive to them, and I cant say I see anything wrong with that.