Organized Group for Clients

This may not be the place for this and it may have been addressed before, if so my apologies in advance......

There are lots of organized groups, mostly local or regional for giving SPs a voice and some sort of legal consul. Is there anything like this for the clients......as it appears to me, that in all likelihood, no matter if any amendments or tweaking is done to bill C36, the criminalizing of the purchasers of sexual services is still going to happen.....whether or not it is constitutional or not it will be in effect for awhile. I am not trying to be negative here just want to be prepared for what will happen eventually....I want to be proactive. So is there any such thing as a group for clients that is doing any thing to make our voice heard or to take actions in any type possible future legal cases?

Just wondering....I also hope this isn't too confusing

It's probably a little bit premature to start thinking in those terms. First some guy has to be charged, be willing to stand trial, and found guilty. Only then can he appeal. Those initial steps will probably fall to him to finance. If it gets taken though the higher appeals process, l suppose he maybe be able to appeal for funding should it ever become high profile and be at the point of requesting an appeal to the provincial superior court or eventually the supreme court. That would be a very gutsy move to take on that challenge.

It's rather interesting that there weren't any real intervenors for clients at the commons committee last week. It probably was not that they wouldn't have been heard, but that there weren't any guys willing to come forward.

Muncher, I think that is a great suggestion and would love to see that happen. It would take someone(s) to stand up and express how it would impact the client. I actually think now is the time for those voices to be heard as the government looks upon the purchasers as the criminal. I believe that approach is flawed on many fronts. First I view it as a legitimate business transaction. The activity isn't illegal thus making the purchase of it illegal seems ill-conceived. Secondly, I am sure many men could make the case that they are respectable individuals, not taking advantage of nor abusing women, not being pimps, not using drugs, etc...

It would be great for these voices to be heard.

I did my little part in completing the government survey.

I am extremely proud of our community and in particular many of the ladies who have organized and made their voices heard.

But me and I suspect many gentlemen (clients) restrict ourselves to anonymity and discretion. Thus although we are being directly targeted, we can't really stand up and defend ourselves. The cynic in me wonders if that is why the govt chose this course of action.

Silently supporting.

Cub

You can have your voice heard in the happy hobbyist section of this website http://www.happyhookersofcanada.com there are already some touching stories and site is only days old.

We would love to hear your story! If you'd like we will submit it to the senate with our letters.

Much love and respect ... We care deeply about you gentlemen xo

• Like 2