Sign in to follow this  

Lawsuit against Bell over expiry of prepaid plans gets green light

How do the cell phone companies get away with this nonsense?

There are so many hidden fees and charges their retail staff cannot explain. If you phone customer service you get different explanations from different employees. I think they deliberately make them as confusing as possible to prevent customers complaining.

With all the companies there should be some competition for customers. It's like the big banks or gas stations, they all do it so everyone gets screwed.

I had my Petro Canada hobby phone go out of service last month. My on-line account related to my number was also locked out.

I can go for weeks without using my hobby (I know this is unfortunate and I don't like it!) and it costs me a $100 purchase of credit which won't expire for 1 year but I have never come close to using up the credit.

If I had waited another few days without calling customer service I would have lost about $65 in credit as well as the number which a number of ladies recognize as me.

Hope the suit against Bell is successful and established precedent!