Security Buildings

The sound of someone knocking on a door will be heard all over your floor. It really carries.

Also some people are very loud, especially when greeting someone. Usually these are the same ones that BANG BANG BANG on a door instead a gentle knock or tap.

A girl I know talks, yes talks, to guys on the phone as they get in the elevator. She can hear the doors open and the guy approaching so she opens the door a bit. Just as he is about to knock she peeks out and whispers a hello.

The loud convo when leaving..."Thanks for the great roll in the hay" ( insert a few crude words here instead). Okay maybe I'm exaggerating a bit here but you get the idea.

I always used to tell people the walls aren't that soundproof. Some people's voices carry. At the beginning or the end, I always carry the conversation to that of a general subject when near the door in case anyone can it from outside the apartment.

Just pray you don't get an apartment next door to the floor's busybody. There is one in every on every floor in every building. Scope out everyone the first week, dress low key, blend in and pretend to be fake friendly even if you feel like they are nosy.

^^^ yes, get in the habit of saying goodbyes, and directions out of the building with the door closed. When opening the door either to let them in or out, stand behind the door in case someone has left the elevator and is walking down the hallway with them, or actually exited in front of them (lesson learned the hard way). always have the door open, if you can hear the elevator arrive even better. I can hear that with my door open, and the sound of footsteps, people only pass one apartment door before they are at my door.

Choose your apartment location if possible if there is a choice, find one that doesn't have a neighbour directly across the hall.

Even when managers spend the day in an office by the front door, they aren't always looking to see where a guest is going. another good idea for your guests to push a different floor, and to never ever (ever) come down to the lobby in short shorts, high heels and red lipstick several times a day.

When looking at apartments and filling out applications, try to look dull, boring and older than you are. :) Try to look like the before picture in a makeover!

look like someone who isn't likely to have friends coming over to have parties or especially multiple boyfriends lol actually try to do this anytime you have to leave your apartment, especially where you might see other tenants, like the laundry room or taking out the trash.

• Like 1

i personally have a lobby cam and dont give out the buzz code till i see the gent on cam and i fell very safe that way , i do have a security guard within peek hours 330-6?? standing at the door but as long as u buzz in and act like you belong then no problems

I also wait for my guest at the door and open up before they knock just cuz i dont want neighbors hearing but i think thats my personal paranoia , and im low volume as it is

Kaylee