Walking dead

Starting to think this show is kinda like a cult for CERB / LYLA Goddesses lololol...

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Yes, this show is great. In fact it is not about zombies (it could be another disease/issue, and I am not interested in zombie movies) but about what humans would do/how would they behave if they had to face a major situation that would threaten humanity. It is all about human behavior and psychology, as individuals and as groups. This is what I find fascinating in this show.

• Like 1

There is less than 4 weeks to go until the second half of Season 5. I can't wait. I've read that there are a few colleges in the U.S. that are offering courses based on the show.

There is less than 4 weeks to go until the second half of Season 5. I can't wait. I've read that there are a few colleges in the U.S. that are offering courses based on the show.

Walking Dead University Courses... Hmmmm.... I am out of University now for over 30 years but I do distinctly remember a few days in University where I felt like a Zombie and was not unlike the walking dead. Lol

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

In fact it is not about zombies ... It is all about human behavior and psychology, as individuals and as groups. This is what I find fascinating in this show.

Yup, that's right. And one of the ways you know that is: the zombies have never, ever changed. Not in the entire run of the show. They behave now exactly as they did in the first episode.

We've learned nothing new about them or the origins or nature of the apocalypse since the end of the first season at the CDC. (The closest we came was in Season 2 when Rick revealed what he'd been told there -- which was't much anyway.)

Since the zombies are stuck being a stubbornly static foil to our characters, the only thing left to watch with any interest is... the characters, as they adapt and form relationships and gain and lose people.

Another demonstration that the vast majority of people watch and read stories not primarily for the "facts", but for the emotions.

Additional Comments:

Walking Dead University Courses... Hmmmm.... I am out of University now for over 30 years but I do distinctly remember a few days in University where I felt like a Zombie and was not unlike the walking dead. Lol

I remember one particularly unbearable 6pm-9pm class, and several times trying to keep myself awake and engaged by picking up whatever sugar I could afford from the vending machines during the break.

I can STILL remember the taste of machine hot chocolate and cherry Nibs. *shudder* Not sure why that didn't render me undead on the spot.

I just wish that people in the show actually knew how to handle a rifle and shoot...

Using the sights is a good step towards actually hitting your target:

I guess I shouldn't hope that they'd teach actors how to shoot, but it does bug me a bit....I see this stuff and it genuinely detracts from my enjoyment of watching these shows.

I tend to prefer the book version to the movie version. I can imagine the characters using proper handling drills, rather than being distracted by the poor handling, inaccurate shooting, and then there's stuff like this...the infinite shotgun magazine:

I get what you are saying about the not shooting Properly. They are not my favourite kills anyway. I like those close up bash its brains in stuff :P

I'm sure the riffles are for dramatic effect.

not too sure they ever lined up a shot in the Graphic Novel the show is based off of

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPU5PUfXV459t0b6AljNuT7mDKi68qqToUQNOYs2m2zfGsVY81

I as well though find that if loses something when you go from book to screen. Like the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, they left out so much of what was in the book. Twilight too.

It happens

as well sometimes they add charicters and mix up plot lines when they do this (like Dexter for example. ANd Pretty Little Liers)

NINJA TURTLES!!!

they messed with my turtles. My son Almost didn't want to watch the movie with me because the tv show, April O'Neil is just some little girl that hangs out with them. They're her pets.

I was like NO WAY!!!!! April O'Neil is a KickAss investigative reporter for the Channel 6 News!!!

He Loved the Movie, and I even got to explain to him as it started a a Dark style Graphic Novel in the late 80's. Then was Developed into a live action movie. Then a cartoon followed and 2 more movies and a wackton of Comics and Merchandise from there.

So sometimes when they Relaunch these story lines they have to tweek it a little so it can keep you guessing or interested.

SO I was Still Shocked Beth died. Maybe mostly just the way she did.

lol SHE was a crappy shot. I expected her to get eaten lol

I actually had money on both Beth and Carol being "offed" at the mid-point this season...won one, lost one. Beth was never in the comics so it was always kind of a crap-shoot guessing about her fate. Looking forward to the second half of this season, which should be starting in just a few more weeks :)

• Like 1

Guest A**aTo**h
It was pretty good! Can't believe they got rid of my dude! :(

Yeah, it was a sad episode for sure. Gonna miss him!

I watch few tv shows and any I do watch I watch online. So last night watched he last two current episodes and am now caught up lol

I like to get caught up before I reply the this thread. Just cause I don`t want to read spoilers lol

I like to be sucked right into every twist and turn as it happens as much as I LOVE the artistic scenes. Like the episode where Tyreese dies. From beginning to end where they kept showing the old photographs with the blood drops. God it gives me geeky chills.

Or (less artistic) in the last episode where Rick and Glen are driving up the road that that guy tied up in the back seat and they drive through that huge group of walkers and their just exploding across the windshield. lol then when michone gets out and starts pulling bodyparts out og the grill. OMG LOVE IT!! lol

or the best kill last week. Where Rick shoots the flare into the eye socket of that one walker lol beautiful

I haven`t watched lastnights episode yet. but I will be after my workout I think :)