Question for Ottawans

This might not be right place to post this but...

I'm looking for place, preferably downtown'ish where I can entertain without too many questions. I may want to entertain someone who is not an SP/MA and still do it discreetly.

I know it sounds dodgy but I'm really wary of most Hotels because of giving credit card info, being recognized, etc.

Does anyone know if one of the spas offer a room only rental by the hour?

Toper

(PS I looked for simmilar threads and didn't really find what I was looking for...)

Well don't have an answer to your question, but so you know most hotels including major chains accept cash for payment. Usually you pay for your room plus a cash deposit on check in. Yes, you do need to reserve your room using a credit card, but nothing shows up even on your credit card statement. And no hotel is going to release your card information, they all have privacy policies they follow. Besides, why would they?

Don't know if that helps

RG

Guest S*rca****sid

If you don't want to try a hotel, try booking a place through Airbnb.

You basically rent someone's condo for the night. If you don't want to give any credit card info, then purchase a prepaid credit card.

Thanks roamingguy

Helps a bit but I thank you for giving it a shot.

Really I'm looking for a place I can more or less use on a semi regular basis without drawing too much attention. I'm worried as an Ottawa resident sooner or later I'll run into someone I know. And, as I used to work in a highly visible industry and am "known" about town that would be disastrous.

Toper

And ...fStop

Interesting I would never have thought of AirBnB I'll check it out.

This looks like a good possibility although I`m still hoping that one of the spas offer room rental. Kinda like the Japanese Love Motels...

Toper

Thanks roamingguy

Helps a bit but I thank you for giving it a shot.

Really I'm looking for a place I can more or less use on a semi regular basis without drawing too much attention. I'm worried as an Ottawa resident sooner or later I'll run into someone I know. And, as I used to work in a highly visible industry and am "known" about town that would be disastrous.

Toper

And ...fStop

Interesting I would never have thought of AirBnB I'll check it out.

This looks like a good possibility although I`m still hoping that one of the spas offer room rental. Kinda like the Japanese Love Motels...

Toper

I'm a little confused by the logic behind your rational.

Aside from the legalities involved, wouldn't it be more disastrous to be seen at a spa that offers erotic massage then to be seen at a busy hotel where you can say you are meeting a friend for coffee, meeting someone for lunch or even attending a business meeting with a client from out of town?

If you are looking for discretion, a motel is also not the way to go: unless you're staying there, which you wouldn't be because you are a local, there is only one or two things that can be assumed if you are seen.

Again, reserving a hotel room with a credit card and paying cash upon check out will leave no "trail" on your monthly statement.

• Like 3

Guest D***el B***e

Stephen? Stephen Harper, is that you? You sneaky bastard you!!! 13 posts already Stephen, impressive. Seriously man you're discounting suggestions as if nothing is good for you. I don't understand why people are answering you. Sorry if I'm sarcastic but this thread is rubbing me the wrong way. Get a limo with blacked out windows, that should do it. Your lady will love the excitement. Oh no, that won't work, the driver will recognize you.

Thank you Canuck

The response has been amazing lots of avenues to persue and I appreciate the info. CMJ is an interesting choice as its members only.

Cheers

Toper

Guest Na****a***mers (RETIRED)

Conferences are usually a daytime thing, aren't they? Entertain in the envening when there is lots of traffic and everyone's gone home for dinner.