Which Series Do you Find the Funniest?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which Series Do you Find the Funniest?

I don't watch television, but I do own a lot DVDs. I love animated comedy for adults and I'd like to know which animated series is the funniest to you?

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Family Guy and American Dad. I saw the Family Guy Live show when they came to Montreal for the Just for Laughs Festival and it was awesome! I wish they'd do it again!

I have to be honest and say I have had a HUGE crush on Family Guy and American Dad creator, Seth McFarlane forever. He's so cute and smiley! (I think he's also ridiculously wealthy, which only adds to his charm!) lol Just kidding!

I meant to say ridiculously talented. :wink:

Guest Ou**or**n

Family Guy is one of those series that I've seen every episode. It has its quirks but is very funny a good deal of the time. It also helps that Peter Griffin and I are nearly the same age. I also savour the irony that behind Meg's voice is the totally lovely Mila Kunis.

I must say that I have never laughed as much watching any show more than "Family Guy." Befriending Jesus in a record store??? And who can forget...

"It's peanut butter jelly time...":bddog:

Family Guy had some funny stuff in the early episodes, but it's currently a piece of shit. American Dad is WAY better in my opinion.

That being said, South Park is better than both, and that's what I voted for. It was a tough choice to pick between Simpsons and South Park, though.

My personal favourite animated shows are Monkey Dust (British, dark) and Home Movies (while not necessarily adult, it isn't really a kids show either).

Guest s******ecan****
Family Guy had some funny stuff in the early episodes, but it's currently a piece of shit. American Dad is WAY better in my opinion.

That being said, South Park is better than both, and that's what I voted for. It was a tough choice to pick between Simpsons and South Park, though.

My personal favourite animated shows are Monkey Dust (British, dark) and Home Movies (while not necessarily adult, it isn't really a kids show either).

I agree, I voted for Simpsons because I just find it funnier in an overall sense than South Park, but I truly think South Park is smarter and without a doubt more daring. Trey and Matt are important voices in these times as evidenced by recent events.

I agree, I voted for Simpsons because I just find it funnier in an overall sense than South Park, but I truly think South Park is smarter and without a doubt more daring. Trey and Matt are important voices in these times as evidenced by recent events.

Married with children. Not a cartoon on fox? Reminds me of my first apartment with satelite. Family guy.

Posted via Mobile Device

i also voted for south park . they are the leaders in cutting edge material at the moment , but gotta give it up to the simpsons without them none of these shows would exist .

• Like 1

Guest b**g**_1*

I find Family Guy funny because of the total non sequiturs it has.

Funniest ?

Depends on your sense of humor.

If you like to see the smug and righteous getting a regular kick in the shins :sm185:, hail South Park.

For me it is The Simpsons at least the first 10 seasons anyway. I find Homer to be just the right dose of funny in a ha ha way and funny in a d'oh way! Family Guy, American Dad and South Park may indeed be funnier now but you have to remember what is acceptable on TV now wasn't 10, 15 or 20 years ago when The Simpsons was in its prime. An example of this is Mr. Burns assistant Waylon Smithers, clearly a gay character but never openly portrayed as gay. Contrast that to Stewie from Family Guy or Roger on American Dad who are clearly so. My point is it is easier to get a laugh when the rules are relaxed. For me comparing The Simpsons to Family Guy is like comparing The Flintstones, ironically the first animated show geared to adults, to Robot Chicken...two very different shows in two very different time periods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-TZ8Z5S9rI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJkp9d6f1_0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmsuYeztVbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RiVLfFIgLo&feature=related

I finally went ahead and voted. As much as I adore the crass, juvenile, nothing-is-sacred humour of the other 3, none would exist without The Simpsons. Have they had bad seasons? You bet. But after watching the 21st season online, I have firmly made my decision. I still laughed out loud, I still love Homer's idiotic goofiness, I still get warm fuzzies when the show's theme music starts up. They manage to make us laugh and think, while doing so without much swearing, nudity or toilet humour...ok, maybe not the last one so much. Many have said that The Simpsons are long dead, and should have thrown in the towel 11 seasons ago, but I definitely have to disagree. Many classic episodes still lie deep within the show's last decade of seasons. With the other 3, I find my laughs are sometimes more from shock, or incredulity, and many are mixed with revulsion and disgust. Luckily for me, my sense of humour spans all 4 shows! lol :lol:

cartman-as-the-police-respect-my-authority1.jpg

You WILL respect my authoritaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

(This is the funniest show ever written IMHO!)

I voted for The Simpsons, as imho it is comedic genius - the last few episodes have been hilarious!

Longest running cartoon ever for a reason. ...and I agree, it's also the show that paved the way for South Park, FG, AD, the Cleveland Show, Ugly Americans, etc.

Anecdotal evidence is the fact the Simpsons and South Park have had silver-screen movies whereby Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story went straight to DVD. Also, D'oh is now in the dictionary.

Family Guy is a predictable regurgitation of jokes and days gone-by for me. Stewie and Brian have their moments, but far enough apart that I can't watch the show.

As an example, I lean much more to the humourous stylings of Arrested Development moreso than SpongeBob Square Pants. ...but still love the toilet humour. :twisted:

• Like 1

I used to be a big Simpsons fan, and I do recognize the work they have done paving the way, so to speak. I find that the show is getting a little tired. They lack the cutting edge humor that South Park has. The same old jokes just aren't as funny any more.

The problem with South Park is that it regularly crosses "the line" in order to weed out it's audience. They seem to want to avoid becoming too main stream if possible. I find that once you get past that "excessive" nature of the show, it is one of the most insightful, thought provoking shows on TV. (IMHO again of course!)