There is sex and fun then there is today...

I was also in lockdown briefly today. What a scary situation and what an unheard of thing in Canada. I decided to not see anyone and not go anywhere today. When I got home, I turned on the news and I'm still watching it. It seems like what played out today was from a movie. You could see helicopters overhead, all the bridges were closed, downtown was locked down and so were local places around that area. I feel for the soldiers family and friends. We will see if this entices security changes. They say that today Canada lost it's innocence, what a sad and strong statement. My heart goes out to everyone involved and I'm proud to be a Canadian.

I think this thread is okay providing everyone has respect towards this sad situation.

Omg, Justin Trudeau just said his speech and it was amazing!!! I will post a link when it's available. He had a great response about Canada losing it's innocence.

They say the debate about how to protect ourselves against these type of threats is going to start. I will be keeping my eye on cpac.

Wow, just, wow.

Take care and stay safe guys.

Edited by Guest

I was in lock down as well. I was down town when the planes went into the twin towers. This felt like that. All I could think of was I hope my daughter who luckily is home sick today is not seeing the news. She suffers from anxiety and I know she would be worried about me. Had she called I was leaving for home and no one was going to stop me getting to her. She still has her flue tonight so I am keeping her home safe tomorrow and might just work from home as well.

• Like 1

It was just an idiot with a gun. One innocent person died.

If anything, it just goes to show that security around Parliament Hill sucks and that's just about all.

Really, put things into perspective.

This guy killed 5 people with a kitchen knife:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary-stabbings-how-knife-crime-in-canada-can-cause-moral-panic-1.2611698

This isn't terrorism, it's an idiot with a crappy rifle.

Much ado about little. An amateur, an idiot.

Yet the government is keen to take away our rights.

Fear, fear, fear,

is all we hear.

We will all pay,

pay dear, dear, dear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuf0eLJ7-wk

Edited by oldblueeyez
  • Like 1

Hey darling, it just takes one no two sick minds (St-Jean-sur-Richelieu too) to be fucked up enough to do do what they did correct???

Yes security on the Hill might stinks and whatever U R showing here count but we R talking here of sick mind going under and for a damn ideology!!!!

Now if U want to be the winner here just be babe... all I know is I am afraid of any outcomes of all of those sick minds people...

Didn't U hear or read that dijhadists will be after civilians too????

Ok I give up here for I am getting too involved in what I think is so frigging important in my country's life... and in MY life as a Canadian....

Barbara

It was just an idiot with a gun. One innocent person died.

If anything, it just goes to show that security around Parliament Hill sucks and that's just about all.

Really, put things into perspective.

This guy killed 5 people with a kitchen knife:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary-stabbings-how-knife-crime-in-canada-can-cause-moral-panic-1.2611698

This isn't terrorism, it's an idiot with a crappy rifle.

Much ado about little.

Yet the government is keen to take away our rights.

• Like 1

Ummm, St-Jean-sur-Richelieu was just an idiot in a car.

What's the kill count up to for these two attacks? 2, 3?

Really, it's a lot of hysterics.

If somebody really wanted to mass kill, he'd just hijack a dumptruck and smash into a densely populated space.

Bullshit hysterics. I wish CBC would just shut the fuck up.

I'm not afraid at all. Went through it with the Moncton shooter. Just a lone gunman. Track him down and kill him and carry on. lol

What rights are you willing to exchange for your fears?

Perhaps if it was your son who was gunned down or if you or someone you loved had been locked down and terrorized you might not see it as just a nut with a rifle and fear fear fear.... yes we will over react yes the right wing elements will use it as an example of why our liberties should be further restricted... but in my humble opinion it's ok to take a minute a reflect and remember because many Canadians did and do feel like they lost something this week.

Just my opinion

• Like 2