Letter to Kathleen Wynne - Bill C-36

Terri Jean Bedford has stated that we should all write letters to the Honourable Kathleen Wynne as she has the power to take Bill C-36 to the Ontario Court of Appeal. http://blog.terrijeanbedford.com/2014/06/25/dominatrix-writes-premier/

Nikki Thomas also wrote a letter http://www.msnikkithomas.com/open-letter-to-kathleen-wynne-stop-c36/

Here is her contact information https://correspondence.premier.gov.on.ca/en/feedback/default.aspx

My letter to her

November 5, 2014

The Honourable Kathleen Wynne,

I write to you today as a woman who has chosen to be a sex worker at my own free will for a number of years. I also write to you as a single mother and sole financial supporter of 3 children and would like to strongly convey that Bill C-36 proposes to have financial negative impacts on my children and their futures, as it will for thousands of other children across the country. It will also jeopardize my safety and security and possibly my childrens too, as I will no longer be able to screen my clients properly with the means that I am currently afforded to do so.

In 2007, I woke up at home to learn that my one of my dearest friends and roommate had been brutally murdered by a client, her name, Nicole Parisien. Nicole was dragged down 10 flights of stairs, rolled up in a carpet and tossed away like a piece of garbage. Her murder could have been prevented had proper laws been implemented to ensure safety and security within our chosen profession. Bill C-36 will eliminate our safety and security measures beyond comprehension at this point. It will allow more predators, those of the likes of Andrew Evans and Robert Pickton to prey on us even further.

Is this what the current majority government truly wants for us? The Conservatives have made it quite clear that they do, but do you as the Liberal Leader of our country? How many more lives have to be taken before our current government gets the message that criminalizing this industry just is not going to work? I also ask you as a woman who has been victimized, harassed and marginalized because of your sexual preference, surely you must understand how we as sex workers feel, are impacted and misjudged just because of our chosen line of profession.

I implore you to please do the right thing and ask the Ontario Court of Appeal to render an opinion on whether or not Bill C-36 is constitutional. Bill C-36 will cause more harm than good and it will affect the lives of thousands of women and men who freely choose to engage in the sex industry, as a means of income or pleasure. Please do not allow any more women and men to be victimized, go missing or murdered, do not allow my children to become motherless!

With deepest respect

• Like 1

Guest C*****tte

I am wondering about other provinces and premiers? Is it because the Bedford decision came up through Ontario?

I am wondering about other provinces and premiers? Is it because the Bedford decision came up through Ontario?

It's because the majority is made up of Conservatives and Liberals, so she has the power to do that as the opposition. NDP has no-one.

Guest S*rca****sid
It's because the majority is made up of Conservatives and Liberals, so she has the power to do that as the opposition. NDP has no-one.

I think you're getting the federal government and provincial governments mixed up. Bill C-36 is a federal bill.

The official opposition in Canada is Thomas Mulcair, who is the leader of the NDP.

Kathleen Wynne is the premier of Ontario and the leader of the Liberal party.

I think you're getting the federal government and provincial governments mixed up. Bill C-36 is a federal bill.

The official opposition in Canada is Thomas Mulcair, who is the leader of the NDP.

Kathleen Wynne is the premier of Ontario and the leader of the Liberal party.

Terri Jean Bedford, EVERY single advocacy agency and the Canadian Alliance (which I am apart of) specifically said Kathleen Wynne.. that's why their letter were addressed to her and that's why mine is.

Terri Jean Bedford, EVERY single advocacy agency and the Canadian Alliance (which I am apart of) specifically said Kathleen Wynne.. that's why their letter were addressed to her and that's why mine is.

This is true. A different link describing this is here (see the last paragraph specifically):

http://blog.terrijeanbedford.com/2014/10/04/all-bill-c-36-opponents/

• Like 1

I don't know much about this letter writing plan however i would think that the plan is to have the provinces seek a supreme court review of the law as they are responsible for administering it in each province.

Just my Opinion

• Like 1