POWER Needs Your Help!

I've been making a small donation at the end of each month to POWER for the past six or seven months and shall continue to do so. If everyone made that small donation then the funds that are going to be needed to make changes will start to become significant. In time, it will be organizations such as POWER or PIVOT that will bring change. Support them as you can.

Out of curiosity, is there a difference between sending a donation directly to POWER or is it preferable to send it to the fund raising campaign?

• Like 2

Out of curiosity, is there a difference between sending a donation directly to POWER or is it preferable to send it to the fund raising campaign?

Thank you for your ongoing support mrnice! :)

The campaign was made directly by POWER in an effort to boost attention and create a surge in contributions. The campaign donations will go directly to POWER. As you already know, you can donate at anytime through the POWER website, but when you make a donation through the campaign before Dec 20, you will get a "perk" as a thank you. Perks range from a "shout-out" from POWER on Twitter for a $5 donation, to t-shirts, tanks, hoodies, books, gift certificates to Venus-Envy, etc.

The Indiegogo structure helps to maximize contributions and donating through the campaign will help raise public awareness around POWER. It makes donating into a kind of social experience and when people see that other people are donating to a cause, and watch the public tally grow, they may be more likely to donate themselves. To help reach the $10,000 goal set for this campaign, donations must be made through the Indiegogo page rather than the POWER website.

• Like 2

Indiegogo does take a percentage of donations -- 4% if the goal is reached, 9% if it is not.

• Like 2

Indiegogo does take a percentage of POWER's earnings, but if it weren't for this campaign we probably wouldn't achieve our fundraising goal so I'm thinking it's win-win (win for POWER for raising $10,000 and win for Indiegogo for making 4% of our earnings).

As Em J said it's to raise awareness about POWER too and hopefully recruit new members. We have A LOT of work ahead of us.

Just an FYI, we will be releasing new perks every week! Some of those perks include dinner with the POWER board of directors, toys, massages from Holistic Roots (RMT only), etc.

• Like 3

POWER just added new perks to the campaign: 30 minute sessions with an RMT and dinner with the board of directors!

The POWER merchandise is really nice, too :)

• Like 1

May I add my voice to this very important fundraising activity.

POWER is the voice of the sex workers to promote and defend their rights.

It's also the voice of those, like me,that wants a society more opened, more free, and more safe for everyone.

It is in or interest, in the interest of all of us, to support a group like POWER that defends our rights and fights against an unjust law.

Do, like I did, make a donation to this campaign: ww.indiegogo.com/projects/sex-work-is-real-work

• Like 3

POWER is presently conducting a fund raising campaign in order to support their work and at the moment the campaign is closing on 40% of their goal.

If there are as many members of Cerb as I understand that there are, then if each member even donated as little as $5 then their goal would be easily achieved. Donations may be made on line anonymously if that is your preference.

Perhaps one might consider making a donation in lieu of a Christmas gift in someones name, or a donation as your next little, "extra" for a special companion might be a good idea?

In my opinion, POWER, along with a few other organizations in this country will be spearheading the expected Supreme Court challenge (in years however) and every bit of support that we as patrons or workers can give to them will ultimately be of benefit to us all.

Help yourself by helping them.

For more information or to donate, here is their website.

• Like 3

Special shout out to CMJ for donating $1000 to have dinner with the POWER board of directors! We will be adding some new perks, including some sex toys, in the days to come :)

Congratulations to POWER for bursting its 10 000$ goal for their fundraising activity.

It's still time to contribute. POWER is promoting the rights of sexworkers and it is in our interest to support them. Donate !

• Like 2