Kindness or Sneakiness?

Guest ***s

picture.php?albumid=1655&pictureid=11585

Did someone buy TaylorMoon.com, TemptingTaylor.com or even MissMoon.com (the winners of my web contest) for me as a kind gesture or just straight up sneakiness? They were all available up until a couple days ago - I know I know - my developer / tech guy should have purchased it before now .... his thoughts:

Well, I am not sure about that because certain domains have been purchased already, so I presume you have been telling a few people what domains you wish to purchase and they have gone ahead and beat you to the punch.

(hmmm ... would my web contest count as telling ?:smile::bowdown: )

Hmm ... I'm hoping I'll get some Good News from a fellow CERBITE ... or am I the silly one here ... ?

picture.php?albumid=1655&pictureid=10637

[email protected]

613-889-5077

Additional Comments:

"This is how business works. If someone knows you want a domain bad enough, they will buy it and then try to sell it to you at a high price."

-- my developer dude

Are people really like that?

Of the three domains in question only one: taylormoon.com was purchased lately. (May 2010)

The other two have been owned since Dec 2003. (and seem to be hosted by different nameservers) - So I'm not sure what you "web guy" thinks but it doesn't look all that suspicious to me.

Keep in mind if you thow in a hyphen .. problem solved: taylor-moon.com is available as are the others with a hyphen.

(p.s. you can always check the availability of a domain name by searching a whois database.)

• Like 1

Guest ***s

No joke - I just got this email....

Actually,

it seems missmoon.com and temptingtaylor.com may have been bought years ago.

However, taylormoon.com was bought on May 11, 2010.

From my guy .... weird ....

Thank you Kim ... I love it when people take the time to help out...much appreciated hun

There are alot of 'taylor moon's out there - no surprise someone took it. Probable just a co-inky-dink about buying it just before you.

But it's no surprise this happened, as I have 1000 domains and have been in the business for years - ALOT of people buy domains.

To loosely quote Bill Gates: "Domain names are the fastest growing economic instrument in the history of mankind." As an economist for a decade, I concur.

.ca works for advertising in Canada - not so much internationally.

I've owned lots of domains too, and I HATE .ca ones. They are such a pain, not as bad lately but still a pain...stay away! And everyone always goes to the .com version by habit.

Best practice is find a .com name then get the .com AND the .ca registrations just so you have them. Just my personal opinion.