I know this may be deemed a "girly" pursuit but men can also covet the beauty of nature without fear of reproach (at least in my eyes)

So, what is your favorite flower, or plant?

I have two...can't choose one or the other

Carnations because they are the last man standing in a beautiful bouquet (and they are my birthday flower)

Sunflowers because their simplistic beauty never needs the enhancement of embellishments such as baby's breath and ferns.

Iris and Daffodils. Also, Lilly Of The Valley

Hey - me too!!! When I lived in B.C. as a kid, I fell in love with foxgloves.

They remind of "bells". Darn, can't post a picture!!

Additional Comments:

Sunflowers because their simplistic beauty never needs the enhancement of embellishments such as baby's breath and ferns.

Meg: Such an eloquent expression!!

Meg: Such an eloquent expression!!

One of those rare moments when clarity is present and the blond roots are not affecting my cerebral cortex.

LOL

Guest W***ledi*Time

Lady's Slipper, currently in flower here in Nova Scotia. A thrill to discover during a stroll in the woods.

Pink-Lady-Slippers-2.jpg

Personally, for me it is the Orchid.

Now if I could only figure out how to insert a picture.... Arrgggh... Feel like a newbie now....

Personally, for me it is the Orchid.

Now if I could only figure out how to insert a picture.... Arrgggh... Feel like a newbie now....

I've been on here since last summer and can't figure it out.

Something about, it can't be a jpeg, has to come from a website, blah, blah, blah....

Everytime I find an image I want, it's from some web page with other crap on it. I JUST WANT THE PIC.

Thanks Angela, I don't feel quite so bad now... But all the same, Arrrggghhh.

Ohhh I am an horticulturalist beyond reproach!!!

Fave flower??? I like that purple one, with the darker purple near the middle and then there are yellow antlers coming out of it... it sits atop this green stick thing that is sort of bendy and it has leaves that aren't too big.

Ohhh yeah... I like the red one too. It smells better than the purple, dark purple yellow antler one, but it is a bitch to hold cuz it has fangs on the green part.

Plants? I like them too.

when i was a kid they grew in our backyard and my mom always warned me not to pick them lol lol but their more pink then that pic, obviously not taken on a sunny day

beautiful flower...

xoxoxo

Lady's Slipper, currently in flower here in Nova Scotia. A thrill to discover during a stroll in the woods.

Pink-Lady-Slippers-2.jpg

Ohhh I am an horticulturalist beyond reproach!!!

Fave flower??? I like that purple one, with the darker purple near the middle and then there are yellow antlers coming out of it... it sits atop this green stick thing that is sort of bendy and it has leaves that aren't too big.

Ohhh yeah... I like the red one too. It smells better than the purple, dark purple yellow antler one, but it is a bitch to hold cuz it has fangs on the green part.

Plants? I like them too.

Gosh darn it...you always have a way to make me laugh

Guest S**a*Q

I like potted plants, I've more of a chance they'll survive... Flowers are pretty but they die, so I'd rather have something that might last, or might not, based on my lack of a green thumb. :D

Guest f***2f***

Something about, it can't be a jpeg, has to come from a website, blah, blah, blah....

Everytime I find an image I want, it's from some web page with other crap on it. I JUST WANT THE PIC.

right click on the pic and hit copy location, click on the picture icon above and it will ask you to put in the URL.....paste the location and Bob's your Uncle.

#

Lilacs are my favorite; there is nothing better than going for a walk after a spring rain and seeing tiny little water drops glistening in the sun on the bright purple blooms while their wonderful fragrance fills the air mixed with the scent of the rain.

lilacs.jpg

Kyra... I like the flesh coloured plant you posted underneath the one with all those purple flowers. I wish I could get THOSE to grow in my garden.

right click on the pic and hit copy location, click on the picture icon above and it will ask you to put in the URL.....paste the location and Bob's your Uncle.

#

And it shows a Red 'X' ? Just kidding, I'll try it.

Thanks

a scrotum....they are nice....sorry WIT I just had too :)

Pink-Lady-Slippers-2.jpg

Additional Comments:

The only problem is if you have a pool, the Lilac flowers when they blow off, can be a nuisance in the pool area. My neighbor behind me has them.But I do have them in front of the house, love smelling them when walking up the front walk way. :)

Lilacs are my favorite; there is nothing better than going for a walk after a spring rain and seeing tiny little water drops glistening in the sun on the bright purple blooms while their wonderful fragrance fills the air mixed with the scent of the rain.

lilacs.jpg

Additional Comments:

SunFlowers??

6b9843d44f097622

OR CARNATIONS...I like the carnations...

carnations-yellow.jpg

Hmmm Pete....looking at the pics.....sunflowers all the way

and the scrotum comment...wish I had come up with that!

I enjoy gardening myself, (But really hate weeding) The sunflowers are so easy to maintain, and I love yellows, (Look at my profile page..lol) Anything you pick I'm sure will work out just fine.

Gosh darn it...you always have a way to make me laugh

I was waiting for Old Dog to describe a flower that would actually be a female's...you know....

I was waiting for Old Dog to describe a flower that would actually be a female's...you know....

Oh Angela.... c'mon....... oh.... oh.... wait.

Flower-Vagina-3.jpg

There we go...

Clearly by the bristling on the foliage we know that this plant was grown in the 70's....