Does music make it hard to blow your load?

Guest S***e

Carrie:

It will take me some time to put all this together for you and it will be quite long list so I'm going to email it to you eventually if that's okay.

I would be interested in the collection you have though you mention. I love blues.. often have the blues channel on my tv when I'm not watching tv shows. Latin jazz.. who do you like? I"ll check them out.

I hope he meant "donuts" Carrie, but with Antman one can never be sure! LOL So long as it ain't "dog nuts."

what are these?

Carrie:

I hope he meant "donuts" Carrie, but with Antman one can never be sure! LOL So long as it ain't "dog nuts."

Holy Jeebus let it not be dog nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carrie:

It will take me some time to put all this together for you and it will be quite long list so I'm going to email it to you eventually if that's okay.

you betcha! I'll send you a pm with my email addy.. thanks!

Guest ***ky12***

Hello Carrie, I volunteer to let you use my body for science. I will stay for as long as I need and we can test whatever music genre you want.

Hello Carrie, I volunteer to let you use my body for science. I will stay for as long as I need and we can test whatever music genre you want.

aw how generous of you :) can I film it for science? if not.. who will know if our tests are standardized?:motion:

This thread has been realy entertaining. Personally, I like having music on in the background during an encounter with a lovely SP. Background means not to loud. This rules out heavy medal as it is meant to be played loud but there is a place for this depending on the situation - when In a hotel setting I usually turn on MTV or MUCH if the timing is right. Its doesn’t work if “The Hills” or “A Shot At Love” comes on just as the end is near. I note references to Santana and Diana Krall, both are artists I like and can see as background “atmosphere” that I could appreciate.

Edited by Reddog01
Music does have a role (+ and -)

FYI I switched to Diana Krall today.. we'll see if that makes a difference this week..lol.. I highly doubt it!

Are you going to see Santana at bluesfest this year? I'm going! I have seen Gipsy kings before and want to see them as well this year... I sooo love them. Bambaleo!

I hope to get out and see Santana on onthe 14th. Lots of other bands and performers that are not listed as Headliner I would like to go and see and experienc.

Week 1

July 6: Iron Maiden

July 7: Furthur with Phil Lesh and Bob Weir

July 8: B-52s and Moody Blues

July 9: Joan Jett

July 10: Roger Hodgson, Metric, Flaming Lips

July 11: Rush

Week 2

July 13: Arcade Fire

July 14: Santana and Steve Winwood

July 15: Crowded House

July 16: Great Big Sea

July 17: Keith Urban

July 18: Weezer

I love great big sea.. yup.. so many choices.. so many days! I managed to get to 7 out of the 12 last year.. probably get to 4 or 5 this year.. that was just too much.

I hope to get out and see Santana on onthe 14th. Lots of other bands and performers that are not listed as Headliner I would like to go and see and experienc.

Week 1

July 6: Iron Maiden

July 7: Furthur with Phil Lesh and Bob Weir

July 9: Joan Jett

July 10: Roger Hodgson, Metric, Flaming Lips

Week 2

July 13: Arcade Fire

July 15: Crowded House

July 16: Great Big Sea

July 17: Keith Urban

July 18: Weezer

I love great big sea.. yup.. so many choices.. so many days! I managed to get to 7 out of the 12 last year.. probably get to 4 or 5 this year.. that was just too much.

I may just head out on my balcony and listen from there.... but I do really want to get up close for Roger Hodgson... ahhh youth... Supertramp is still an all time fave!

oh wow.. supertramp. takes me back! I saw styx last year and they sounded same as 20 years ago.. loved it. Our bluesfest is really awesome.. even though most of the bands aren't really blues.

oh.. FYI.. I've had no issues with load blowing playing Diana krall but I miss the guitars.. heading back to cuban music.

ohhhh... revelation.... Roxy Music - Avalon. That album is wonderful background music...

Barry White alright.."Can't get enough your loving babe"?

I've heard people say that

Too much of anything is not good for you, baby

Oh no

But I don't know about that

There's many times that we've loved

We've shared love and made love

It doesn't seem to me like it's enough

There's just not enough of it

There's just not enough

Oh oh, babe

My darling I, can't get enough of your love babe

Girl, I don't know, I don't know why

Can't get enough of your love babe

Oh, some things i can't get used to

No matter how I try

Just like the more you give, the more I want

And baby, that's no lie

Oh no, babe

Tell me, what can I say?

What am I gonna do?

How should I feel when everything is you?

What kind of love is this that you're givin' me?

Is it in your kiss or just because you're sweet?

Girl, all I know is every time you're here

I feel the change

Somethin' moves

I scream your name

Do whatcha got to do

Darling, I, can't get enough of your love babe

Girl, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know why

I can't get enough of your love babe

Oh no, babe

Girl, if only I could make you see

And make you understand

Girl, your love for me is all I need

And more than I can stand

Oh well, babe

How can I explain all the things I feel?

You've given me so much

Girl, you're so unreal

Still I keep loving you

More and more each time

Girl, what am I gonna do

Because you blow my mind

I get the same old feelin' every time you're here

I feel the change

Somethin' moves

I scream your name

Do whatcha got to do

Darling, I, can't get enough of your love babe

Oh no, babe

Baby, let me take all of my life to find you

But you can believe it's gonna take the rest of ny life to keepyou

Oh no, babe

My darling I, can't get enoug of your love babe

Yeah, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know why

Can't get enough of your love babe

Oh my darling I, can't get enough of your love babe

Oh babe

I don't know, I don't know, I don't know why

I can't get enough of your love babe

Oh babe

I really want to go buy that CD ... NOW !!

Thanks ... Put me in the Mood !!!

This thread has been realy entertaining. Personally, I like having music on in the background during an encounter with a lovely SP. Background means not to loud. This rules out heavy medal as it is meant to be played loud but there is a place for this depending on the situation - when In a hotel setting I usually turn on MTV or MUCH if the timing is right. Its doesnt work if The Hills or A Shot At Love comes on just as the end is near. I note references to Santana and Diana Krall, both are artists I like and can see as background atmosphere that I could appreciate.

Live santana. Ya nice

Posted via Mobile Device

Only going to 3, I found the past couple of Bluesfest some people were just down right rude. Mind you I guess that is what happens when you are pounding the drinks back.

And I find that after going consecutive nights like last year the week is verrrrryyyyy long:sad:

Last time I saw Rush was inside the Civic Center, and Cheap Trick was the opening act...lol

Week 2

The only night I had real trouble was the KISS night.. after that I avoided any big headliners.. rude rude rude.. plus sorry to offend KISS fans.. they were all about the showmanship and sounded awful.

I had never seen them live... so never would again but I do love his show. Gene's family is adorable.

i rhink music would sooth me.. depend on what kind?

Guest S***e

Pete and Carrie:

Last year, I bought two Gold Circle passes for Bluesfest and we attended most of the performances bad weather and poor manners notwithstanding. I paid $900 for the passes only to have people yack in my ear, puke on my shoes, people fighting and arguing, stand in front of me and just generally be assholes. I'm a huge fan of Joe Cocker and Jeff Beck and they were great on the big stage. I had most fun at the smaller stages and indoor events, e.g. Doyle Bramhall Sr., where things were more sedate and polite. Strangely enough I had to show my identification even though I'm in my 60s just to get a bracelet allowing me to buy a diet coke. I'm not going back this year regardless of my love of music.

I was there Carrie and I left part way through (Gold Circle area), but I'm not a KISS fan. I was neat to see the "big show" however and Tommy Thayer is a kick ass rock guitar player. Now I can say I saw them live, but who cares really. I'm into blues and jazz mostly.

The only night I had real trouble was the KISS night.. after that I avoided any big headliners.. rude rude rude.. plus sorry to offend KISS fans.. they were all about the showmanship and sounded awful.

I had never seen them live... so never would again but I do love his show. Gene's family is adorable.

Pete and Carrie:

Last year, I bought two Gold Circle passes for Bluesfest and we attended most of the performances bad weather and poor manners notwithstanding. I paid $900 for the passes only to have people yack in my ear, puke on my shoes, people fighting and arguing, stand in front of me and just generally be assholes. I'm a huge fan of Joe Cocker and Jeff Beck and they were great on the big stage. I had most fun at the smaller stages and indoor events, e.g. Doyle Bramhall Sr., where things were more sedate and polite. Strangely enough I had to show my identification even though I'm in my 60s just to get a bracelet allowing me to buy a diet coke. I'm not going back this year regardless of my love of music.

Well I'm glad I never forked out the money for gold circle passes. Thanks for sharing. I too like the smaller stages.. I got to see some great bands I had never heard of.. that's probably the best part.

I go in a larger group of about 6-10 friends as I have diehard bluesfest fans who take the whole week off work to go. That way I can see good bands during the weekdays when it's less busy..

Damn Carrie, I missed the music AGAIN when last at your place!!! Guess I was distracted!!!!

hee hee:sm185:

I actually prefer any type of music.

I guess I have gotten into the habit since my wife and I always crank up some sort of tunes to drwon out noises from our kids prying ears:bddog:

Certain music can be a real turn off for me.

I once met a provider that had the Price is Right on, so I asked her if we could change to a music channel. Awe, Much better. :D