Reading the post about the film shedding light on the industry in Victoria, BC has made me nostalgic for the beautiful west coast. And it got me thinking about something that used to happen in Vancouver (and may still be happening).

It was basically a let's all go for a beer. Ladies and gentlemen were welcome, and you didn't have to use any name other than your screen name, and we all just met up and went to a strip club or to a pub.

So I wonder, what would the reception of this be in Ottawa? How many of you would come out for a beer or martini if I organized it? Suggestions? Reservations?

Sure, sounds fun, why not? I'd be up for someplace close to downtown, preferably somewhere along Elgin or Bank Street.

Yes I was thinking downtown is best. I'll keep you all abreast (ba dum dum chhh) of when the first get-together will be.

Posted via Mobile Device

Yes I was thinking downtown is best. I'll keep you all abreast (ba dum dum chhh) of when the first get-together will be.

Posted via Mobile Device

Isn't there an organized cerb social that occurs every couple of weeks ?

I was aware of one organized a few months ago (I think). I hadn't seen another since.

Isn't there an organized cerb social that occurs every couple of weeks ?

You may be thinking of the Poly socials that happen every month or so. Members of the poly social group meet for drinks and conversation, and it is an event like Lindsay is proposing.

Unfortunately we are a bit restrictive of who we invite or let attend, because when the group first started some of our members were being harassed because of their involvement in the group.

Thanks for the clarification. I had thought it was a general cerb social. My apologies for the confusion.

You may be thinking of the Poly socials that happen every month or so. Members of the poly social group meet for drinks and conversation, and it is an event like Lindsay is proposing.

Unfortunately we are a bit restrictive of who we invite or let attend, because when the group first started some of our members were being harassed because of their involvement in the group.

Guest S***e

That would be pretty cool Lindsay. Some place where public transit is handy would be great which would preclude people from drinking and driving. I have no problem being the DD anyways if need be. Just a thought.

I'd make a point of stopping by. Always fun to spend time with members of this fine community.

Cerbite Social in Ottawa this Wednesday June 16 at the Honest Lawyer in the market. I should be there by 4:30. I would like to meet the various members of our community. Hope you can attend.

Ladies, I would very much enjoy buying you a drink.

See you there and then.

This is a fabulous idea. Too bad I have other plans already....

Next time.... Count me in.

that's awesome, wish we could do that here in the Peg. I'd love to meet some Cerbies here. Unfortunately I'm not much of an organizer.

Lindsay:

Your idea to meet in a social setting is superb... I have just learned of this ! Will have to attend the next event. I have gone to the Polygroup social get together luncheon

at a restaurant on Preston Street and it was indeed very pleasant to finally meet some of the CERBITES with whom one has been corresponding. The conversation topics were enlightening and it was truly a great time.