Blackberry Sync Question....

I am trying to sync my contacts from Office 2011 with a Blackberry Z30 on a mac, I can't get it to communicate (as in to sync)

I don't use Ical or apple contacts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Ive read numerous posts on crackberry and other sites , but nothing has been helpful

Any intel would be fantastic :)

If you are using BlackBerry Link and it is not working you can do it by going into Office on your computer and exporting your contacts to file and then send the file via email to your BlackBerry so you can import them all. That said I have Office 2011 and have not experienced any problems with syncing through the BlackBerry Link software.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Stumbled across this on the internet. It may be of help

Good Luck

RG

Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 synchronizes Calendar, Address Book, Memos and Tasks with SyncServices.

Note: With the release of OS X Mavericks 10.9, SyncServices has been removed. For more information, see the Additional Information section below.

To allow synchronization of Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Calendar, Address Book, Memos, and Tasks with BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry Device Software 5.0, or BlackBerry 6 and 7 using the BlackBerry Desktop Software, complete the following:

1. To download and install the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop Software, visit www.blackberry.com/desktopsoftware and click Download for Mac.
  2. Install Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac Service Pack 1 update (at minimum), which is available at www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads under Office for Mac updates.
  3. Follow KB19148 for enabling Sync Services within Microsoft Outlook 2011.

To allow synchronization of Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Calendar, Address Book, Memos, and Tasks with the BlackBerry 10 smartphone using BlackBerry Link, complete the following:

1. To download and install the latest version of BlackBerry Link, visit www.blackberry.com/blackberrylink and click Download for Mac.
    Note: BlackBerry Link 1.1.1.33 or later is required.
  2. Install Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac Service Pack 1 update (at minimum), which is available at www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads under Office for Mac updates.
  3. Follow KB19148 for enabling Sync Services within Microsoft Outlook 2011.

Ok I have been trying to use Blackberry Link - won't sync anything just gives me a backup.

From what I have researched Yosemite / mavericks is not compatible with BB sync - however there must be a way to sync my contacts....

Any other ideas?

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Re: Can't import contacts from Mac Address Book

Go to the Hub -> Click on the menu button (3 dots on bottom right) -> Click on Settings -> then click on add account button (on the bottom pane) and then go on with your normal email setup, enter username, password and then it will ask what all to sync, just ensure that you have toggled email, contacts and calendar sync on.

You may need to export your contacts from office into a text file then use excel to save the file as csv file which can be imported into other mail programs including your BlackBerry account. This link might help... http://www.howard.edu/technology/docs/mac/How%20to%20Export%20Contacts%20From%20Outlook%202011%20For%20Mac.pdf

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You'll have to export your contacts, or.... this is what I did for a client recently. I exported all of the contacts into gmail. Then setup your email account (Gmail) on your phone and ONLY sync contacts.

That only downside, is if you change anything with your contacts on the MAC you have to make the same change on the GMAIL account. It works like a charm, but its a bit of a pain in the ass.

It's true that Yosemite / mavericks is not compatible with BB sync. It's hard to find alternatives at this point.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1