If you get a Chance think about it....

This week-end in Ottawa (Might be in other major cities) it is the CHEO Foundation Telethon.

As a father, and have used the Hospital but not for major issues.

Those children that need that extra help, we should try to contribute in any amount, it is after all about the kids.

Thanks for listening,:wink:

http://www.cheo.on.ca/

• Like 3

One of the nmost worthy causes around.

Additional Comments:

One of the most worthy causes around.

Guest W***ledi*Time
This week-end in Ottawa (Might be in other major cities) it is the CHEO Foundation Telethon.

As a father, and have used the Hospital but not for major issues.

Those children that need that extra help, we should try to contribute in any amount, it is after all about the kids.

Thanks for listening,:wink:

In the Maritimes, it is the 26th annual IWK Telethon for Children, broadcast on CTV from the IWK Children's Hospital in Halifax, as well as from sites in Charlottetown, Sydney and Saint John.

https://iwkfoundation.org/SSLPage.aspx?pid=368

Yes, we are most fortunate to be living in Canada. Imagine what your situation could be if you were residing in another country where the social net was not as well maintained!!

Sure our country and its municipalities have challenges, sure there are things that could be improved: everywhere and everyone has the same thing.

But then again, ponder for just a moment the types of basic services that we almost always take for granted as if it is our natural right to have them at our disposition in a free and unencumbered manner:

clean fresh air with almost no pollution;

potable drinking water in copious amounts with no fear of poisoning ourselves or becoming ill;

an almost ininterrupted supply of electrical power;

the freedom to walk where we choose, with whomever we choose, whenever we choose.

One has only to travel outside of our great Canada to realize what we truly possess back home. And you wonder why people around the globe would die to immigrate here, to provide for their families through their hard work, and raise their children in a free and caring society.

I did not mean to take off on a tangent, but folks have got to realize what we have and truly appreciate the life we lead. Let us support our institutions for the work that they do and for the services they provide. Just think about what you and your family/friends would do if they were not there!!!

Now stand up at attention and proudly sing or recite the national anthem. Pay very careful attention to the words and think back to the last time you used one of our organizations. Enjoy the day, I have to get a Kleenex!

• Like 3

I spent 6 weeks at CHEO as a kid so thank you to everyone who has contributed over the years. I know my stay wouldn't have been as positive without the support of caring individuals.

I am a huge supporter of CHEO and am very grateful for the wonderful outcome! I too, spent an extended amount of time there as a child. Thankfully, my own son only had minor visits but the welcome was fantastic! I have a friend whose 6 year old daughter was diagnosed with a very rare form of leukemia when she was 3. They have been wonderful and truly should be commended for the good health she is now enjoying!

Thank you to all of the caring souls who donated either their time or their money!

This is one organization I do not hesitate to support. I missed the Telethon, but will be following up - thanks to Spike for the link to donate online.

I urge others to do the same.

Well I missed the telethon as well as I was in Toronto but I called this morning and donated my play money for this week hehe

This is the one place I can never say NO to as a father and grandfather one big softy when it comes to kids

been fortunate that i nor any one close to me has had the need for cheo , but i hate to think of what the people of this community would have to go through without it . how can you see the children or the pain in their parents faces as they relate their stories and not want to help .

• Like 1