Winter Time Fun

SnowflakesBorder.pngSnowflakesBorder.pngSnowflakesBorder.pngSnowflakesBorder.png

As the snow falls to the ground

and Jack frost tries to break your nose off.

It becomes easier to stay inside.

Walking less and feeling lazier.

But I try my best to keep active and get fresh air in the winter.

I Bundled up in double layers and walked around to run some

errands a couple times last week. Felt great to soak up the sun

I'm excited for winter Activities.

There are several out door rinks close to me.

I prefer them to arena's. Possibly because I grew up on outdoor ice.

And there is nothing like skating while its snowing.

Gliding, spinning, swirling with the snow flakes.

maybe throw a snowball or two at friends.

Some people like snow boarding and skiing,

but I've never gone.

Snowmobile is fun too

What do you to to keep yourselves entertained and active in the winter time?

SnowflakesBorder.pngSnowflakesBorder.pngSnowflakesBorder.pngSnowflakesBorder.png

• Like 1

Guest A**aTo**h

The Canal is something we are blessed with here in Ottawa, and I love cross-country skiing :)

Went out and enjoyed some x-c skiing this afternoon. Looking forward to do some skating on the canal, snowshoeing and some downhill-skiing with my lovely cerb lady in the near future.

• Like 2

Guest D***el B***e

I'm a hardcore snowmobile fan. I go out every weekend and I ride long and hard, love it love it love it. Also enjoy lots of ice fishing, mostly pickerel and trout.

I too am a fan of snowmobiles. I grew up riding them every winter. I also love cross country skinning although I end up on my butt more than upright. Skating is also a favorite and I agree Serena, outdoors is much nicer than in an arena.

But just a nice long walk in a park somewhere is also nice on a sunny winters day.

• Like 2

I too am a fan of snowmobiles. I grew up riding them every winter. I also love cross country skinning although I end up on my butt more than upright. Skating is also a favorite and I agree Serena, outdoors is much nicer than in an arena.

But just a nice long walk in a park somewhere is also nice on a sunny winters day.

It's surprising how nice and how good a workout you can get from simply snowshoeing. Never tried snowmobiling and cross country skinning though, especially the latter! lol..

• Like 1

Guest K***e D****ls

I snowmobile every chance I get. I would love to take snowboarding lessons. I ice skate and have been on skates as long as I can remember. I learned on those little skates with the double blade, pushing a kiddie chair around the ice. haha

I agree with Cristy: a walk on a sunny winter day is so pleasant. Grab a Timmy's and you're golden!

Don't think I have many places to go snow shoeing here in the city. I have definitely snowshoed when I was younger. Great workout and usually peaceful in the woods s0811.gif

Snowmobiling is Always a super fun time

I have bundled up this year in -30 degree weather on a SUPER sunny day, and puttered around the city in the sunshine.

it was Really nice to soak up the sun. cold or not

• Like 2

I enjoy "indoor sports" with a lovely lady while looking at the snow fall through the window or watching the smoke from chimneys drift upward in these minus 20 temps.... beats the hell out of snowshoeing for me anytime !

• Like 2

Guest N***he**Ont**y

In Sudbury we have a skating track on Ramsey Lake next to Science North.It is a well used track that is well maintained on lake ice. If you look further away you would see Ice Fishing Huts for the diehard fishermen. It is easily accessible off transit and is located close to the BoardWalk as well. I wish my physical limitations placed on me with a bad knee would allow me to skate, so there is no more skating for me so that leaves ice fishing for me, Perhaps this year I will take a lady friend out to experience a great Northern Ontario activity.

I like many winter activities but perhaps the best is just quiet walks through the woods with my dog. Being in the mountains also adds to the experience when I can get there. The peaceful sounds of the odd bird and if it's lightly snowing even better. Then coming home to a roaring fire and the smell/sound of the wood burning. A glass of single malt...and I'm having a great day.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

One of my favorite Winter Activities is having a Sauna and then hot tubbing in the out doors. Nothing like a very brisk walk up the hill from the sauna to the hot tub.Its quite invigorating you know!

Believe it or not, shovelling.

its my winter chore I give myself. I enjoy having a clear driveway and walk way. and its decent exercise.

This is the first time in 10 years I haven't had a paved driveway though t9408.gif so I can only clean the chipped rock so well before I start flinging it around lol.

Then I shovel out a stroller parking spot for my roomies as I shovel a path around the house and a round(ish) spot out back so my dog don't have to squat into the snow to pee lol