What is your experience with tablets or ipads?

I am new to this world of tablets and ipads. For christmas I purchased for myself a kobo arc 7HD tablet computer. I have had constant problems with it. Most of the problems are with the power button and now I am having trouble charging. I have contacted kobo support several times. Right now I am waiting for a reply back for a replacement tablet.

I would like to hear about other peoples experiences with tablet and ipad computers. It can be for any manufacturer. --- good or bad experiences.

Windows Surface Pro 2 or the new Surface Pro 3 are great machines.. replace the need for Ipad... Laptop or Desktop. Would currently be my first choice in machine.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Windows Surface Pro 2 or the new Surface Pro 3 are great machines.. replace the need for Ipad... Laptop or Desktop. Would currently be my first choice in machine.

I use and like my Surface Pro 2, and would recommend it, although a little heavy. But if you go that route you have to be willing to learn the touch based command structure of Windows 8 to get the most out of it.

As far as the Kobo goes, you have to remember that it was designed fundamentally as a reader, although that isn't the problem you have. I also have a 7" Google Nexus tablet made by Asus which works great. Designed for Google it has native Android, so a ton of good working aps, I particularily like the twitter rendition and the Kobo works really well, and it's cheap ($260 on Amazon)

• Like 1

As far as the Kobo goes, you have to remember that it was designed fundamentally as a reader, although that isn't the problem you have. I also have a 7" Google Nexus tablet made by Asus which works great. Designed for Google it has native Android, so a ton of good working aps, I particularily like the twitter rendition and the Kobo works really well, and it's cheap ($260 on Amazon)

Actually kobo has started getting into the tablet market - not just readers. I have found this version works as good as my laptop computer when it comes to Skype, online gaming and watching HD movies (1920 x 1200 HD+ Display. There is even Bluetooth and an external HDMI port). My one and only disappointment is that there is no card reader.

I picked mine up on sale for $110 at Future Shop (Dec. 15/2014). It normally retails for a lot more as you noted above.

The only frustrations I have experienced are the power button and now battery charging issues. Fortunately, Kobo is going to exchange it for another unit (I hope soon).

I am not a fan of Windows -- that is why I went with an Android.

I swear by my Surface Pro, I was given it as a birthday gift last year and absolutely love the machine. (If he is reading this THANKS!)

It is definitely my first choice now though I use the keyboard a lot and wouldn't use it as just a tablet. I do like that I have options with it though. Recently I was in a 3 day seminar, over 12hrs of lectures every day and taking notes was quite tiring. I loved that I could switch it up, typing for a few hours, using the stylus to hand write notes and for the few lecturers that would allow it recording the session. If I was handwriting 36hrs of notes on a weekend I would have been icing my hand by Monday morning.

• Like 2

The new Surface Pro 3 has a larger screen and is thinner and lighter... so tempted to get the new one.

Just my Opinion

• Like 1

Guest Na****a***mers (RETIRED)

Have an iPad (regular size) and I use it on a daily basis for absolutely everything. It's very easy to use, I've managed to learn how to type with it fairly quickly. You can download any app, including kobo.

Best investment so far. I've also purchased the kobo reader prior to the iPad and returned it after a few days of having multiple issues.

I vote for iPad!

Guest D***el B***e

I love my ipad. It's only a 2 but my SO has the very latest Air. Super fast indeed. I use mine mostly to play but I have a number of apps I use regularly. I synch my contacts, music, and photos with my other Apple devices over wi-fi. Kind of acts like a backup as well but with Icloud it's simpler. Love it love it.