Guys... How do you get your money and make your calls and still be discreet?

Im starting this thread to discuss ways for guys who need to be discreet. My question is, what ways have you found, or use to take out money, pay for services or make phone calls? Having a bunch of large cash withdrawls will be suspicous and bring undo attention from people we dont want it from :-P.

A couple of things I have found:

You can ask for cash back from several places, ie walmart and Shoppers Drug mart, but usually are limited to $60.

A new thing I have found for my mobile phone. Skype mobile. You sign up for an account online, and put in up to 6 speed dial numbers. Skype then texts your mobile, and all you do is call the number and access your speed dial numbers. That way when your phone bill comes, it only shows one number. This works great as after you are done calling the numbers you need to call, you just log back in, and change the speed dial numbers to a friend or family member. Deni-ability!

So lets hear your ideas!

Pretty elaborate schemes you've got going lol

I use cash advances from a line of credit manily. That way none of my transactions show up in the regular banking statements. All the line of credit statements come through e-post. As for the phone I have only ever used my personal line. I've thought about getting a pay as you go phone for discretionary purposes but then how do you explain the extra mystery phone right? I really like your skype idea. Too bad I don't use it.

GF

Just to let you know, alot of ladies that work won't accept calls from skype, myself included

Posted via Mobile Device

was just about to say the same, it shows up as a 000 number which to us is an unknown number..if we cant see a real number we aren't going to answer it as it is just as bad as a blocked call

I cant attest to the skype to go, but I know you can get regular skype to have your mobile or personal phone show up as your number when making a regular skype call. Just another way to please everybody.

For those that are curious about Skype, I use it for business. I have set it up to that any outgoing calls I make show as my cellular line. As a result, any call backs ring through to my cell.

Just an FYI.

For those that are curious about Skype, I use it for business. I have set it up to that any outgoing calls I make show as my cellular line. As a result, any call backs ring through to my cell.

Just an FYI.

this indeed good info for those using skype. show your real number guys! :-)

Guest f***2f***

PHone; the best way is to buy a throw away phone and pay as you go. Walmart or any of the supermarkets will sell you one for as little as $50.

The private line of credit that sends e statements is the best way to go.

.......do I hear Tiger's tiny golf pencil scribbling furiously ? ......little late for him to be taking notes, I suppose.

• Like 1

PHone; the best way is to buy a throw away phone and pay as you go. Walmart or any of the supermarkets will sell you one for as little as $50.

The private line of credit that sends e statements is the best way to go.

I believe 7-11 also has good "throw away phones"

I get all my bills sent by email now, and you also have the option with some cell companies to NOT have detailed billing. Might want to check into it.

Oh ...oh.... oh.... I have the answer to this one!!!!

Get divorced and move to another city.... worked for me!

I tend to make contacts through e-mail then follow up with pay phones if I have to make a call. Money wise, I skim amounts of money off my regular cash withdrawals. After a few weeks I have enough for a meeting.....

7-11 has the best pay-as-you-go phone plan. The min $25 voucher is good for a year compared to Bell's 1 month.

It is my non-work phone since I seldom make calls.

Back to OP question.

I make daily purchases with CC or cash and load up with a fix amount of cash every week. Part of my weekly cash budget is set aside for playtime.

Ha! I think Old Dog's answer is the best one!

Now, if you don't want to go to the lengths of getting divorced and moving to another city, then the throw-away phone seems to be the best idea. I'm guessing by all the comments about phones and cash-back plans that most of the guys here are in a relationship? I'd be curious to hear from the ladies what percentage of men are married vs. single? :shock:

Guest f***2f***
Oh ...oh.... oh.... I have the answer to this one!!!!

Get divorced and move to another city.... worked for me!

Worked for me too! I still need the phone though cause I don't want to use my work phone for such things...the line of credit helps me to regulate the budget.:mrgreen:

From the poll results just above, be in the 'single, never married, category and it never causes a problem!

You go at the ATM and do a withdrawal and you make calls from your cellphone (no landline since I'm single and barely home).

Whenever I receive the statement, I am never surprised.

I guess being single have some advantages...

I always call from my home phone, I guess i kinda assume that the Lady I want to see will be respecting my privacy by not calling me on that number (never happened yet). As for the cash, my money is seperate from my S/O, I also skim from my regular cash and save up (but I did see an Sp who didn't seem to appreciate 20, 10, 5 dollar bills..lol) or use my line of credit.

To get some cash for my playtime I bring to work desserts that my wife makes and sale it to coworkers (my wife is a great cook), she thinks I eat it all at work (with all those sweets I would not keep the figure that I have). As for the phone I simply replace the phone number of a friend which I keep is name and put in the phone number of the sp and the wife never suspect it. If I need to call my friend I know is phone number by heart and just dial it.

BTW my wife does not see my phone bill but does answer my phone or checks out who called me once in a blue moon.

• Like 1

Wow! Plenty of good info here. Would it make sense to move some of the info to the Newbies section? I am sure everyone want to know what alternatives are out there for play phone.

I usually pay for lunch, dinner or drinks when I go out with friends or at work with CC. Set the cash aside for fun. Any cheque I received, I cash them rather than making a deposit. On average, .$500 a month without raising a red flag.

As for calls, work (Ext. info does not show on caller id), cell, pay-as-u-go all works for me. Have all 3 going.

I planned ahead when I first started this fun hobby, stashed away several $k before I started. But $$ flies by when you're having fun!

SNS724

I get all my bills sent by email now, and you also have the option with some cell companies to NOT have detailed billing. Might want to check into it.

Koodo gives you the option of detailed or not, online billing, and pretty much online everything. :smile:

BTW, extra pay-as-u-go phone, bottom drawer behind files at work. Even if battery runs down, charge it for 10 minutes to make that phone call.

SNS724