So I noticed this post before logging in and I got to read the complete contents. That means anybody could find out where and when it is. We only want CERB members to attend the social.

So I would propose that the location not be mentioned in the regular posts, but only in the social group post.

Make sense?

Sounds good?

Btw, I like the roled newspaper idea. Maybe this should only be mentioned in the group post.

So I noticed this post before logging in and I got to read the complete contents. That means anybody could find out where and when it is. We only want CERB members to attend the social.

So I would propose that the location not be mentioned in the regular posts, but only in the social group post.

Make sense?

Sounds good?

Btw, I like the roled newspaper idea. Maybe this should only be mentioned in the group post.

I think that bell has been rung - but I agree about rolled newspaper as an ID, but as far as "lurkers", well anyone could find out where we're going if they really wanted to.

Edited by Mature Angela
Update txt.

sounds good, you pick a location jazzitup and anyone who wants details can personally PM jazzitup through cerb only. rolled up newspapers or none, its gonna be pretty hard for some lurker to screen every bar in the market looking for a rolled up newspaper in search of cerbites now....muahahahaha

sounds good, you pick a location jazzitup and anyone who wants details can personally PM jazzitup through cerb only. rolled up newspapers or none, its gonna be pretty hard for some lurker to screen every bar in the market looking for a rolled up newspaper in search of cerbites now....muahahahaha

But they may find you based on those lips....I agree, Annessa.

So, where do we go from here? So are we still on for that date and time and location as it stands now.

But they may find you based on those lips....I agree, Annessa.

So, where do we go from here? So are we still on for that date and time and location as it stands now.

mental note: wear mr. potato-head lips on that day...lol

time and date are still a go....i do believe the location should change to throw off the lurkers as its already been mentioned publicly

I disagree. I created this group as a social outing for participants of Cerb (lurkers included). People who do not want to be seen as part of Cerb, or who are just too shy to engage should be included. We are meeting in a very public place full of people what's the concern? Let the lurkers remain annonymous.

Posted via Mobile Device

I want to attend one of these events but being from out of town the day before a holiday does not cut it with me, ....but the next one. Enjoy!

I disagree. I created this group as a social outing for participants of Cerb (lurkers included). People who do not want to be seen as part of Cerb, or who are just too shy to engage should be included. We are meeting in a very public place full of people what's the concern? Let the lurkers remain annonymous.

Posted via Mobile Device

The concern is that we have had cerb socials before through the poly group and some of the ladies were actually threatened by some reprobates on this board. It seems that anonymity can bring out the 'possessive weirdos'. :confused:

Well how's this for a solution:

I created this group with a sense of inclusive community in mind. It states both in my original post presenting the idea and on thr group itself that all are welcome. Even lurkers. The choice to be annonymous is a choice I believe should be respected. Furthermore, the group's content is fully open, so discussing these matters on the group page is no less public for those who want to access that information.

Now, I understand concerns some may have about this. So what do we do? Simple. Those who have no issue with the odd annonymous (and probably unnoticed) attendee at a social event keep on truckin' with the Cerb Social group. Those who are too uncomfortable with the openness can start their own group with private settings as per their comfort. No one needs to have hard feelings. No one needs to be put in a position they don't want to be put in. It's the only reasonable solution to make all involved happy.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 5

The concern is that we have had cerb socials before through the poly group and some of the ladies were actually threatened by some reprobates on this board. It seems that anonymity can bring out the 'possessive weirdos'. :confused:

I understand what Peachka is saying because I am one of the people who has organized the Poly socials. The only reason we had an issue was because some clients didn't like their favorite SPs participating in Poly events. I won't event comment on how silly that sounds.

Therefore some of the ladies were threatened, insulted etc. To avoid that we keep the location secret and admission for males (SPs are always welcome) is restricted to people we know, or come recommended.

This avoided the problem, it was solely for that reason, and although I didn't go to the first "open" social last week, many of the poly group did. The majority of us are not shy, and don't mind being seen together or in public. We were just protecting ourselves from close minded people. (Who'd a thunk it on CERB?)

I created this group with a sense of inclusive community in mind. It states both in my original post presenting the idea and on thr group itself that all are welcome. Even lurkers. The choice to be annonymous is a choice I believe should be respected. Furthermore, the group's content is fully open, so discussing these matters on the group page is no less public for those who want to access that information.

Now, I understand concerns some may have about this. So what do we do? Simple. Those who have no issue with the odd annonymous (and probably unnoticed) attendee at a social event keep on truckin' with the Cerb Social group. Those who are too uncomfortable with the openness can start their own group with private settings as per their comfort. No one needs to have hard feelings. No one needs to be put in a position they don't want to be put in. It's the only reasonable solution to make all involved happy.

Posted via Mobile Device

Well said Lindsay, and hopefully things will work out so I can attend one in the future.

I will be away for that date on holidays, but still think this is an excellent idea. CERB members should be encouraged to meet one another in a social setting if they so desire. I applaud any attempt to make this happen...well done Lindsay.

Closed minded members can lurk from afar, but will soon see that we are just regular people hangin' out in a bar sharing stories and laughing. What do they think, an orgy is gonna break out on the pool table?? Come on!

'Nuff said.

IWhat do they think, an orgy is gonna break out on the pool table?? Come on!

That happens at the cerb poly group after party ...

Don't worry, we only frequent establishments with the finest felt on their pool tables :)

Posted via Mobile Device

Well stated Lindsay. It's not about the exclusiveness... it's about fun and revelry. Who knows, it could lead to an opportunity to expand your clientele or meet someone that you had never considered visiting... it's all good. It lets us put faces to names and match personalities to posts.

Sooo... 8 days from now we will see who we will see!!!

I can be there for 430-5ish since I work downtown already..I might not recognize anyone though..lol

GG... didn't you get the memo about the secret handshake and the CERB tattoo???

I can be there for 430-5ish since I work downtown already..I might not recognize anyone though..lol

I'll be holding a metro paper - if I can find one!

I'll be there, Metro newspaper in hand, looking a little like this as I walk around the bar looking for other newspapers! -> :shock:

Okay, then you shouldn't be too hard to spot. Are you bringing the frog with you? (I know, bad joke).