John Stewart to to leave the Daily Show

Sad. I love this show. It can never be the same without him.

I wonder if the lower ratings reported in this story has a correlation with the amount of people who no longer have cable. I am one of those people that would have tuned in last year, but since I don't have cable anymore, I cannot anymore.

Also, I enjoy the plug about now being a good time to buy shares....

I think he was just ready for something else ... he directed a movie last year so it will be interesting to see what he does next...

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Haha.. Yes. Sorry

I was just typing random thoughts that popped into my head. I realize now that no one else besides me knows they are completely unrelated thoughts. I do not think that he left because of lower ratings... or because I personally stopped watching... or to make the shares worth buying.

I would love to see his movie though. This is the first I've heard of it.

• Like 1

Haha.. Yes. Sorry

I was just typing random thoughts that popped into my head. I realize now that no one else besides me knows they are completely unrelated thoughts. I do not think that he left because of lower ratings... or because I personally stopped watching... or to make the shares worth buying.

I would love to see his movie though. This is the first I've heard of it.

The movie is called Rose Water

[ATTACH]300[/ATTACH]

Iranian-Canadian journalist Maziar Bahari is detained by Iranian forces who brutally interrogate him under suspicion that he is a spy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2752688/

I have not seen it but am looking forward to seeing it.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was hoping he would be around until the next US election, always funny watching his response to the debates and such... He will be missed.

Wouldn't mind seeing John Oliver take over.

• Like 1

I was hoping he would be around until the next US election, always funny watching his response to the debates and such... He will be missed.

Wouldn't mind seeing John Oliver take over.

John Oliver would be good nightly, but his uncensored show on HBO is so good

I agree conquistador that Jon Oliver would be a fine choice, but I doubt he'd leave his HBO show for it.

I'm a regular Daily Show viewer and I was quite saddened to hear he'd be leaving as well, though I can understand him wanting to move on after 17 years of it. It's just sad in a way that one had to turn to a satirical comedy show for some of the most insightful interviews, thoughtful commentaries, and fair analysis around.

I always respected his interview style. Not only did he know his material, but (again, unlike "real" news shows) it wasn't about who could yell louder or spout off talking points the best. Even when he clearly disagreed with someone he would give them time to have their say and his arguments were logic based rather than noise based (not to say I always agreed with Stewart on his views, but I can at least respect that he thought them through and wasn't just parroting a party line).

Hopefully whoever succeeds him will be up to continuing the task.

• Like 1