The Three Key Elements of a True Apology

Guest ***s

1) Be Sincere.

As most of you already know my computer was used /access by two accounts (mine and Scout - a client, and member)

Story: Scout needed help adding his avatar once I explained it was a pretty easy thing - so i logged out, he logged in (#1 mistake that i didn't know about) - he then logged out (after I picked out a nice photo of a ship for his avatar) ... then I get a call from a fellow member telling me im in trouble! so i log int to read what was going on and read the thread out loud (#2 mistake reading something to a member from an area they don't have access too?) scout felt bad - we were told to reply so i hit reply and he typed - THAT"S IT ... I didn't give access to him at any point - after he typed he got up and i logged out. Sincerely ... that's what happened

2) Take Responsibility for Your Actions.

I shouldn't have offered to help with the avatar in the first place. It all boils down to my lack of knowledge in the CERB rules and the irresponsibility of learning them ... which you can bet your @ss I'll be reading up on more and more.....

3) Provide a Sincere Promise that You'll Try to do Better.

"I messed up and I'm sorry. It wont happen again"

Please don't think any less of Tess ...

I have no doubt that this was an honest mistake.

Thanks for your explanation, Tess.

Why is it that you were only trying to be helpful

and your needing to apologizes .

I can understand the need for the rules & yes it needed.

But,I don't see the need for you to apologies , it wasn't intentional .

a simple mistake .

l'm wondering if he brought his laptop over.

. it would still look the same was .

linking off your internet

It does appear that an error in judgment occurred, but your apology, Tess, is accepted. I do believe that you have learned a valuable lesson.

Now where are all those rules so that I can refresh my memory.

There is a problem on this planet and we are complicent. Here we have a member's appology for trying to help another member.

What are we coming to? We need to encourage people that want to co exist. We should be breaking down walls not building them up.

Personally , I don't like appologies. They put the supposed wrong do er under pressure , and they put the recipient of the appology under pressure to choose to accept the appology or not. Sometimes you are a heel to feeling offended in the first place and then if you don't accept you are a heel for not doing so.

Better that the supposed wrong do er explain what the did and why. Discuss that if you wish, then more on. Both sides can learn. No one is offended..Chavez

Edited by chavez
wrong icon

the reason for the appolgy is because Tess has lost her SP ONLY access as she allowed scott to post on her account in a restricted area available to SP's and Elite members (Just letting scott see content in this area is a VERY BIG no no) so she instantly lost her SP ONLY access when she did this.

The ladies in the SP ONLY area have a chance to vote (Allow her back in or not) so tess is appologising here and explaining herself so the ladies can see her side of the story as she does not currently have access to post in the SP ONLY section.

She most certainly does need to appologise (NOT FOR HELPING SOMEONE BUT FOR ALLOWING SOMEONE ACCESS ON HER ACCOUNT INTO THE RESTRICTED AREA OF THE SITE) she has broken the trust by doing this.

Please do not think the apology is for trying to help another member. I would have let that slip probably but the fact she allowed him access to the restricted area is what the appology is for.

Mod ;

Thanks for the explaining ,that makes more sense.

Yes , I thought get into the "SP only" section

Was like I was joining the "secret service" lol

Guest ***s

... I am apologizing for breaking the CERB Rules ... I hit reply - Scout (not Scott) sat down and wrote his reply and sat up - and I sat back down and hit send.

I'm sorry - it shouldn't have happened.

Just to clarify, I'm not apologizing to get back "in"; I'm apologizing because I want my "family" to know that I respect the rules and do follow them when aware.

Point being ... I am sorry for allowing my CERBie friend to reply on a thread in my account .... I shouldn't have done it.

Thank you everyone for your forgiveness and accepting my apology ... (I tried to comment on each /reputation button / but I couldn't on certain names **CATO forgive me!! kisses*** - I guess that's something else I should read up on ... )

SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOD don't be MAD

Edited by ***s

I know your sorry and I accept that (Like I said in my PM some members wanted me to remove you completely from the site for doing this). Now it's up to the ladies who have SP ONLY access to choose if you get access back or not. A voting poll has been set up in the SP ONLY area for 7 days. I will let you know if the ladies vote to give you back access.

It's obvious that Tess is contrite and acknowledges a lapse in judgement occurred......mistakes happen, we are all human,

She is asking for her 'family' to forgive her......

The reference to 'family' certainly shows her feelings for the rest of the board, and indicates the caring and passion she has for her friends here....hence the heartfelt apology....

As a new member of the 'CERB' family, I don't think it is unreasonable to forgive her, and to expedite her return to her status within 'our' family.

As always my $.02 Cdn.....

SNK

• Like 1

I think most will forgive her but she will need to rebuild the trust with the other SP ONLY members I think before they let her back into the SP ONLY area.