Calypso (Ottawa area water park)

Guest O***wa**W

I did not realize until I went to post this that there is no forum for general discussion that is city specific.

So, anyone been yet?

I am dying to go, but do not drive and no buses go there.

Heated water, big wave pool, the jungle run!!! It all looks so fun.

friends have gone several times.....they apparently love it...so do the kids.......not my type of fun....but people are going

Just read in the Ottawa Citizen about the traffic problems getting into the park yesterday "kilometres long". I guess go early. Hopefully the management will come up with some alternatives to speed things up. I have not been but my kids have and they loved it. Something for everyone.

Correct, Calypso is 10 times better than Mont Cascades. Doors open at 10 am, as RedDog01 stated watch the timing.

You could have long car lines up getting in and out, again that was on a Saturday, probably a little better during the week days.

Some fabulous water slides, and the wave pool is huge!

Here is their web site...

http://www.calypsopark.com/

Calypso is a lot of fun (if you like water parks of course). Went there a couple of weekends ago great for an outing with a good group of people. But yeah absolutely need a ride no buses go to Limoges. I'd recommend it over cascades without question.

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest s*f******0*3

IT IS BY FAR the best water park.....gotta a season pass and i try to make it every weekend...the bar and grill is amazing too...great eats good drinks.....hot bodies...:wink:

...the bar and grill is amazing too...great eats good drinks.....hot bodies...:wink:

Hot bodies...yes agree for sure

I just heard that Mont Cascades has lowered their admission prices. It now costs a fraction of what Calypso charges. It costs $90 for a family of three at Calypso and $30 at Mont Cascades!! :o

Seeing that money is tight these days, I'm going to stick Mont Cascades for now.

Guest O***wa**W

I looked into going to mont cascade with a friend last week, and emailed them for info. they have a weight limit of 400 for the two person slides, so if one or both of the riders is heavy, its a no go.

In Mont Saint-Sauveur,

Wicked rides, some not for the faint heart, really beautiful area. Had gone down hill skiing there too during the winter months.

here is the link for the water park and they have other activities ,if anyone is interested going up in the beautiful Quebec area past Mont Tremblant, gorgeous area's to visit there. The full day pass is just under 32.00 per person.

http://www.parcaquatique.com/

There is an english button for those needing it..like me ;)

never been to either but did try the one in Pointe Calumet ( Super aqua park ) and the price was around $35 per person a day.