"Look at your man...now look at me...sadly he isn't me"

So many of us got a huge laugh from the Superbowl commercial for Old Spice and the phrase "Im on a horse" slowly became a not so inside giggle-phrase.

anyway...i found this clip where two announcers placed a bet between whether the shot was a continuous take without CG to make the scenes change the way they did or whether it was all graphics magic...so they decided to talk to the directors and creators of the Commercial to settle the score

what do you think? I gotta say...I was pretty off, lol

long but an interesting watch if you're bored:

ps....I'm on a horse! hehe

Quite fascinating to say the least especially how people just come up with such sequences sometimes.

There is a 2nd one featuring the same guy.

Quite fascinating to say the least especially how people just come up with such sequences sometimes.

There is a 2nd one featuring the same guy.

hahaha! yes that one also had me howling...I only saw that one yesterday. my favorite part is the saw and the motorcycle...you gotta be one great actor to not break focus and keep going!

Does anyone out there actually like the smell of Old Spice? I can't say that I do, however it was probably the first deodorant I ever used....my Aunt bought me some when I was a kid, maybe she was trying to tell me something?

Does anyone out there actually like the smell of Old Spice? I can't say that I do, however it was probably the first deodorant I ever used....my Aunt bought me some when I was a kid, maybe she was trying to tell me something?

Lol, Old Spice, Aqua Velva........I remember those ones .. commercials were pretty sad too......

But as a kid the REALLY expensive ones were

English Leather at LEAST $6 /bottle

hai Karate .....probably $5 / bottle......

Now those were HIGH end cologne's...

SNK

I don't mind Old Spice deoderants and body washes, but as a cologne/aftershave I find it too odiferous. A cologne (in my opinion) should be musky and slightly spicy for a man. Not spicy and slightly musky.

English Leather! >_<

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest b**g**_1*

Wow, you guys are weeks behind the times. I've known about this video for, well, weeks.

But, it is quite the interesting breakdown of the commercial.

So many of us got a huge laugh from the Superbowl commercial for Old Spice and the phrase "Im on a horse" slowly became a not so inside giggle-phrase.

anyway...i found this clip where two announcers placed a bet between whether the shot was a continuous take without CG to make the scenes change the way they did or whether it was all graphics magic...so they decided to talk to the directors and creators of the Commercial to settle the score

what do you think? I gotta say...I was pretty off, lol

long but an interesting watch if you're bored:

ps....I'm on a horse! hehe

Wow, you guys are weeks behind the times. I've known about this video for, well, weeks.

But, it is quite the interesting breakdown of the commercial.

ummm.....we've all known about it since the Superbowl (as mentioned in the OP), I was just posting how they made the video...which I agree is quite interesting :-)

I loved the explanation of how it was made. The second commercial is even better. I forgot that one. And, yes I did use Old Spice when I was younger, seemed to get it in a gift bag every Christmas, It was very popolar for a while, sort of like "Irish Spring".....

Guest b**g**_1*

No, silly, I am referring to the making-of video. I am well aware people have known about the commercial since the Super Bowl.

ummm.....we've all known about it since the Superbowl (as mentioned in the OP), I was just posting how they made the video...which I agree is quite interesting :-)

Guest s******ecan****
No, silly, I am referring to the making-of video. I am well aware people have known about the commercial since the Super Bowl.

We're a friendly board here. When posting keep in mind our motto which can be found at the very top of the page "if you don't have anything nice to say...please don't say anything at all"

Your first post about "you guys are behind the times" doesen't really add anything to the thread and comes off a little snarky. In your second you refer to Annessa, one of our most senior and valued members as "silly". Maybe you and Annessa are on intimate terms, but if not you're only digging in deeper by resorting to name calling.

Guest Ou**or**n

These have so viral that even the Globe and Mail did an article on them recently. That article also included a link to this excellent semi-parody...

Globe and Mail Article

A friend just posted this....

"Look at your status, now back to mine, now back to yours, now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped posting other things and made this your status, yours could be like mine. Look down, back up. Where are you? You're on Facebook, reading the status your status could be like. I'm on a computer."

A friend just posted this....

"Look at your status, now back to mine, now back to yours, now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped posting other things and made this your status, yours could be like mine. Look down, back up. Where are you? You're on Facebook, reading the status your status could be like. I'm on a computer."

Steals that

Guest b**g**_1*

Wow. Just wow. How is calling someone silly, especially how I did it, 'name-calling'?

Seeing as she hasn't commented on it, I think it's not an issue. I'm sorry, but talk about blowing something out of proportion.

In your second you refer to Annessa, one of our most senior and valued members as "silly." Maybe you and Annessa are on intimate terms, but if not you're only digging in deeper by resorting to name calling.

Wow. Just wow. How is calling someone silly, especially how I did it, 'name-calling'?

Seeing as she hasn't commented on it, I think it's not an issue. I'm sorry, but talk about blowing something out of proportion.

actually I dont like commenting on retorts that I feel dont deserve attention and find "silly" ;)....gah! ya got me! (seeming as how I just did, lol)

Thanks for the backing-up scotthecannuck.......

and I had a great LOL at the "look at your status..." es on facebook...SO wnted to swipe it and use it as my status....but I was scared I might be "behind in the times" by doing so. hehe

"SWAN-dive!";)

actually I dont like commenting on retorts that I feel dont deserve attention and find "silly" ;)....gah! ya got me! (seeming as how I just did, lol)

Thanks for the backing-up scotthecannuck.......

and I had a great LOL at the "look at your status..." es on facebook...SO wnted to swipe it and use it as my status....but I was scared I might be "behind in the times" by doing so. hehe

"SWAN-dive!";)

It's all okay. I believe it has been swiped many times as a status.... I thought it was extremely creative!

I'm not sure who has seen these before, but Old Spice took this campaign a step further and launched a viral campaign via twitter and youtube where people tweeted questions to the Old Spice Guy and he would respond. If this link works properly, all the responses will be there

http://www.youtube.com/user/OldSpice#p/c/484F058C3EAF7FA6/118/oTLbw9z41dE

I remember hearing that they wrote and filmed all the responses in a 12 hour period.

Guest b**g**_1*

I actually heard it was more like within 15 minutes. But the point remains valid: a very quick turnaround.

I'm not sure who has seen these before, but Old Spice took this campaign a step further and launched a viral campaign via twitter and youtube where people tweeted questions to the Old Spice Guy and he would respond. If this link works properly, all the responses will be there

I remember hearing that they wrote and filmed all the responses in a 12 hour period.

yup, I saw that one....very cool of him! (well oldspice in general I guess, hehe)