A thin slice of life from the other side

Last week was stinking hot here in Ottawa as in many other places I am sure. So it is Wednesday and it is 10:30 at night and I have to return the DVD rental which means a nice 15 minute walk through my older neighbourhood in Ottawa. It's still hot at that hour, t-shirt, cut off jeans, and sandals is all I am going to wear. I am usually a fast walker but not on this night, the humidity slows me down to an easy saunter. I often keep a good tune in my head and the tempo I had was right for a slow rhythmic pace. 10 minutes in, I hear a car approaching me from behind, no problem I'm on the side walk, and as it passes a guy in the back whistles at me.

WTF I'm a guy! Because it was dark and I am 5'9'' and have a slight build and weigh about 140, I was mistaken for a female.

Too late to shout "You asshole" I think. I want to give them the finger and mime jerking off. I am pissed.

Ladies, now I really understand first hand what it is like to be the target of something like that.

In case anybody was wondering ... no I would never do something like that, it is out of character for me.

Hope you enjoyed this. It got some laughs from the people I shared it with.

Awww...I was hoping for a "hot" ending! I was honestly hoping for a story about you and a van full of girls :boobies:.

WTF I'm a guy! Because it was dark and I am 5'9'' and have a slight build and weigh about 140, I was mistaken for a female.

Too late to shout "You asshole" I think. I want to give them the finger and mime jerking off. I am pissed.

maybe just maybe he was into guys and found you sexy. just saying.....

Most gays do not act that way. It was surely some inebriated redneck who thought you were a female. You sexy thang you :-)

Posted via Mobile Device

Looking for the silver lining here jazz - it might just be that you are a sexy beast. :-P

I always hated this kind of behaviour towards women. Fortunately it is less frequent in this part of world.

Interestingly enough some women on the other part of the world get offended if there aren't any cat calls. Their complain is the guys don't appreciate their effort when they dress up.

O humanitas o mores

Call me a bitch, but there are always women who bitch and moan bout either too much or a lack of male attention. If you don't want to be ogled, don't wear low-cut shirts, a push-up bra and skimpy shorts. At least no one can say you were attracting the attention.

So jazzy, hun, maybe next time put rollers in your hair and go to the store in a bathrobe. LOL

Posted via Mobile Device

Jazz,

I think the guys thought you were hot...... :mrgreen:

I used to fly regularly with an F/A who was not afraid to let people know he was gay......and was quite open about it...in a non-obtrusive way....

I recall at a company golf tournament, as were getting ready to go to our carts, a young good looking male groundskeeper drove by, at which point the F/A turned to our group and said...

"m m m....would ya look at that hunk...oh what I could do with him...." then he let out a loud cat whistle..... lol, the group of us near spit out our beer in unison......

to this day, i can still picture the shocked look of the groundskeeper....absolutely priceless.....a classic....

So Jazz...maybe you are just one hot stud....... both sides of the house like you......

SNK

Interestingly enough some women on the other part of the world get offended if there aren't any cat calls. Their complain is the guys don't appreciate their effort when they dress up.

O humanitas o mores

May be true for some a harmless attention is welcomed, but uninvited touching in public, or the use of chauvinistic/vulgar words is totally unacceptable. As I said we are lucky this does not happen (at least to my knowledge) in this part of the world.

Women have the right to be treated as equals (and be regarded equal by law too) with full respect and the full right to choose (what to wear, whom to associate, what to drink, how to dress, right to divorce ..... all the rights that men enjoy, regardless of where they live). I do not believe dressing up sexy is an invitation to being harassed. It is their right and harassment is wrong.

Ava,

I am desperatly trying to be found by a van full of girls that want to have a hot ending. Any tips on how to make that happen are certainly welcome.

Lindsay,

I agree with you about gays. The times that I have been hit on by guys never involved being whistled at. It's just not their style IMHO.

Seymour,

I will leave it to others to comment on my sexy beastliness.

S.A.,

I can understand better how women get objectivied. I was initialy going to label this as harmless flirting but this is not that. Flirting must involve some back and forth.

I agree in a way it is a compliment to be noticed but it can also be an unwanted intrusion into one's space.

Lindsay,

I can't call you a bitch, but I will call you opinionated, which is a good thing, because your opinions are well informed.

Good advice though, I have to dress down with fuzzy slippers and bathrobe. Do you have any that I could borrow? HA!

Help me cage the sexy beast oozing raw primal mating energy.

SNK,

Great story. Thanks for sharing.

So to sum things up a bit .....

Was this harmless flirting? No because I could not flirt back (or not).

Was this annoying? Yes at the time, but also something to laugh at later.

Was this disrespectful? Yes, IMHO.

Big thanks to every everybody for their comments.

Guest S***e

Isn't it aweful to be cursed! I was out for my usual Sunday run, later than normal today as I was watching the Tour de France on OLN so it was hot at 11:45 am. Wearing running shoes, socks, black running shorts and a water bottle caddy I ran along the Ottawa River Parkway which has the westbound lane closed to vehicles from 9 am to 1 pm. Lots of nice looking ladies on bikes and rollerblades. After about 40 minutes of running in the hot sun, I decided to cross over to the path on the south side of the parkway and had to stop on the grass boulevard to wait for east bound cars to pass. A car came by with some ladies in it who screamed "I love you!" at me as I was getting ready to cross and continue back along the pathway. Yah, I hate being treated like a piece of meat...I'm "cursed" even in my sixties. Nasty girls in cars!

Spike, obviously the Ladies saw a hot OL stud that they liked. ;)

Guest f***2f***

Yeah I know how you feel man. Last week on one of the dating sites i get a pm from a guy wondering if I'd be interested in hooking up....dang I'm clearly on there as a straight hetro guy looking to date women....I guess I should be flattered!! lol

Guest S***e

Again, being "cursed" is quite a chore isn't it! I've been hit upon by gay guys in Vancouver, Montreal, Provincetown, and Honolulu all while in the company of my wife. I get a kick out of it and am very flattered although I'm 100% straight. I politely decline telling the guys that I'm striaght, but thanks for asking and I tell the ladies that I'm married. I fail to see why anyone would be put off by the attention, but that's just my nature. And, the gay guys were very good looking and the ladies were quite lovely. Me, on the other hand, I'm old and ugly! LOL

Yeah I know how you feel man. Last week on one of the dating sites i get a pm from a guy wondering if I'd be interested in hooking up....dang I'm clearly on there as a straight hetro guy looking to date women....I guess I should be flattered!! lol

Additional Comments:

Maybe or they saw me as potential road kill. LOL

Spike, obviously the Ladies saw a hot OL stud that they liked. ;)