ipad mini question

I have an ipad mini. Not the newest one. Pretty ok for Facebook stuff, but I find it limited.

With a laptop that has a camera, I always worried that someone would hack in and be able to see me without my knowledge. So I always payed attention to the red light to make sure it wasn't on.

With the ipad I haven't been worried, as it doesn't seem to be capable. However, a fb friend "called me" on my ipad. Kinda freaked me out as I didn't think this could work.

So, now I'm freaked. Does it have the ability to video tape me without my knowledge? Can someone listen into my conversations?

Argh. I only bought computers without cameras to avoid this. Seems there is no choice anymore.

Any help from my genius friends here?

What exactly freaked you out? The fact that you can use Facebook on your ipad? Or they can message you?

Facebook has a built-in messaging service, that's one of the main features. If you don't want anyone messaging you, then disable the option for messaging.

• Like 1

No. I went to turn it off, and forgot something so turned it back on. The person who messaged me earlier, his picture showed up. So I wasn't sure if he was able to listen to me AFTER the conversation ended.

I watch too much csi stuff and worry sometimes.

It's an ipad mini cellular 16 gb and I use the messenger app on fb.

In my opinion this is an extremely low risk.... but maybe there are other members who are more technology geeks who can weigh in.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If you have a video chat, once you end it, it's done. The other person can not see or hear you.

All the CSI shows are fake and use creative license to embellish scenarios for sheer entertainment purposes only.

• Like 2

Argh. I only bought computers without cameras to avoid this. Seems there is no choice anymore.

Remember, everything can be fixed with either duct tape or WD-40. If you want a more permanent solution to being seen, putting one of these over the camera is low-tech but very effective. I suggest you try the tape first :)

Of course, you'd probably then find there's goop on the lens when you want to actually use the camera again. Masking tape may work better...

• Like 1