Everyones Location..Just wondering

Ever since I joined I always wondered this but I do want to say before hand that may be it is none of my business or over stepping my bounds and possibly just to be discrete but I'd like to know why all or most of the SP's have their locations listed and not the hobbyist's?

It's not like we all know your real name, just your username. Just being curious;).

Edited by Lexy Grace

I think this is a no brainer in that some ladies's locations will appeal more to hobbyists.....while we dont list *exact* location we do give a general area so that a client can make an informed decision based on how long it takes him to get to us.

a client's location is none of anyone's business unless you are a lady he has chosen for an outcall......a directory of which clients are located where kinda goes against that thing we all call discretion...you have to keep in mind, you never know who is keeping tabs on the gents here and many threads here are visible to the pubic...without a membership.

if a gent chooses outcall as his means it should be up to him to address a lady in private and have her decide if the distance is too great to travel...posting whereabouts will only lead to others putting one and two together and less tactful ladies saying "so I hear I'm in your area...so am I!"....which we all know is not the norm and not cool.

bottom line...it doesnt matter where a client or girl is located...if someone wants to see someone badly enough they will make the effort...whatever their location is.

Convenience is sometimes the biggest turn-off when a client says hes "only calling coz hes in my neck of the woods"...if he is, thats ok....but its a huge compliment to know that someone has map-quested and traveled outside his neighborhood to see you.

Ever since I joined I always wondered this but I do want to say before hand that may be it is none of my business or over stepping my bounds and possibly just to be discrete but I'd like to know why all the SP's have their be locations listed and not the hobbyist's?

It's not like we all know your real name, just your username. Just being curious;).

Good question Lexy, I was wondering that myself. I noticed many of us hobbyist have our location in the top corner but many SP's don't weird right?

Why not give your location like you said unless you live in a small town of a population of 50 or less, just give the closest town to where you are or are going to hobby.

Guest W***ledi*Time

Nothing wrong with curiosity, it's all part of being human!

For me it has to do with comfort level and common sense. For the hobbyist, being too specific really has no practical use or upside that I can see, and it does have a possible downside in lack of discretion. I live in a very small community in rural Nova Scotia. Those of you who've gotten to know me outside the publicly-visible forums know at least approximately where this is. Those who might be excessively curious or who have some local knowledge can figure out roughly where I am from my signature picture.

Remember that those members who specify their location as "Ottawa" are placing themselves in a metropolitan area with a population of 1.1 million. Since I specify my location as Nova Scotia, I'm placing myself within a population of 940,000. So while "Nova Scotia" might seem like a vague location, in a people-sense it is no more vague than "Ottawa".

For me, I live in small town Ontario. I'm comfortable saying that I'm approximately 2 hours from Toronto, 1 1/2 hours from Kingston and

3 1/2-4 hours from Ottawa

RG

For me, I live in small town Ontario. I'm comfortable saying that I'm approximately 2 hours from Toronto, 1 1/2 hours from Kingston and

RG

LOL yes that would be somewhere in Ontario! Good one!

I think this is a no brainer in that some ladies's locations will appeal more to hobbyists.....while we dont list *exact* location we do give a general area so that a client can make an informed decision based on how long it takes him to get to us.

a client's location is none of anyone's business unless you are a lady he has chosen for an outcall......a directory of which clients are located where kinda goes against that thing we all call discretion...you have to keep in mind, you never know who is keeping tabs on the gents here and many threads here are visible to the pubic...without a membership.

if a gent chooses outcall as his means it should be up to him to address a lady in private and have her decide if the distance is too great to travel...posting whereabouts will only lead to others putting one and two together and less tactful ladies saying "so I hear I'm in your area...so am I!"....which we all know is not the norm and not cool.

bottom line...it doesnt matter where a client or girl is located...if someone wants to see someone badly enough they will make the effort...whatever their location is.

Convenience is sometimes the biggest turn-off when a client says hes "only calling coz hes in my neck of the woods"...if he is, thats ok....but its a huge compliment to know that someone has map-quested and traveled outside his neighborhood to see you.

True enough and I agree 100% I was just curious about a general location and of course discretion and privacy is key

Additional Comments:

Good question Lexy' date=' I was wondering that myself. I noticed many of us hobbyist have our location in the top corner but many SP's don't weird right?

Why not give your location like you said unless you live in a small town of a population of 50 or less, just give the closest town to where you are or are going to hobby.[/quote']

Thank you. No harm in asking.

Additional Comments:

Nothing wrong with curiosity, it's all part of being human!

For me it has to do with comfort level and common sense. For the hobbyist, being too specific really has no practical use or upside that I can see, and it does have a possible downside in lack of discretion. I live in a very small community in rural Nova Scotia. Those of you who've gotten to know me outside the publicly-visible forums know at least approximately where this is. Those who might be excessively curious or who have some local knowledge can figure out roughly where I am from my signature picture.

Remember that those members who specify their location as "Ottawa" are placing themselves in a metropolitan area with a population of 1.1 million. Since I specify my location as Nova Scotia, I'm placing myself within a population of 940,000. So while "Nova Scotia" might seem like a vague location, in a people-sense it is no more vague than "Ottawa".

Exactly. I wasn't or didn't mean what city are you in, just a general location.:wink:

Additional Comments:

RG

That is only what I was curious about, a general location. Nothing specific.

Additional Comments:

LOL yes that would be somewhere in Ontario! Good one!

I like that response too Pete.

To me i prefer a ladies location be easy accessible by bus as I don't have a vechile. Or close by so a taxi does not cost too much.

I'd like to think that mine is appropriate... :wink:

wait...are we talking about general location...ie. Ottawa?

or are we talking about specific location...as in: Barhaven, Nepean, Ottawa south?

wait...are we talking about general location...ie. Ottawa?

or are we talking about specific location...as in: Barhaven, Nepean, Ottawa south?

Just general location. I was just curious as to why the SP's have something regarding location and the hobbyists leave it blank.

Additional Comments:

I'd like to think that mine is appropriate... :wink:

Yes it is.. It's not blank.

Just a theory...providers have it identified because they want to bring in business...hobbyists likely leave it blank because they see it as no one's business. :razz: Kidding aside - some likely leave it blank so as not to reveal too much in case a spouse starts snooping - er, I mean taking more interest in a partner. ;-)

Just general location. I was just curious as to why the SP's have something regarding location and the hobbyists leave it blank.

I decided to have some fun when filling out my location... just a play on words, and a tongue in cheek answer! :razz:

Just a theory...providers have it identified because they want to bring in business...hobbyists likely leave it blank because they see it as no one's business. :razz: Kidding aside - some likely leave it blank so as not to reveal too much in case a spouse starts snooping - er, I mean taking more interest in a partner. ;-)

I agree but like I have said I was just curious and suspected that was one of the reasons and also for privacy.

Additional Comments:

I decided to have some fun when filling out my location... just a play on words, and a tongue in cheek answer! :razz:

I like your one, it's cute and goes along with your username;-).

Guest s******ecan****

When I set up my profile I left it very general by saying Atlantic, but as I've grown more comfortable on CERB I've made mention of which city I live in in numerous posts.

As to why many leave it blank some may have done that because it was one less field to fill out.

Cheers

I think Seymour hit the nail on the head.

The lovely ladies need to let the guys know where they are. Not like someone can pop over to Vancouver from Ontario for a "quickie".

As for the guys, I think many want to hide a bit. And it is one less field to fill in.

I was just curious and their is no harm in asking a question? I was not trying to be nosey. It was just something on my mind so I asked.