Anti-christ of Cellphones

Me being low tech and all, and not owning a cell phone, is there any quick and easy way to set up a text account from a laptop, without a mobile link?

Seems to me one of the troubles you'll run into with one of these solutions, is that they don't get a cell number from you. Many women want to be able to get back to you if there is a problem, and many will txt you possibly the room number when you get there.

• Like 1

Yes, I found a few on the search, and most have response text to email. Keep the answers coming if you have any that have good recos. Also, Google Voice says it has a function that you can create a free phone number and use text that way, but I haven't figured out how to set it up yet~LOL~ Will keep pluggin' along

Yes' date=' I found a few on the search, and most have response text to email. Keep the answers coming if you have any that have good recos. Also, Google Voice says it has a function that you can create a free phone number and use text that way, but I haven't figured out how to set it up yet~LOL~ Will keep pluggin' along[/quote']

Google Voice is only available in the US.

Me being low tech and all, and not owning a cell phone, is there any quick and easy way to set up a text account from a laptop, without a mobile link?

As for calling and texting from your computer, check out Skype. You can make calls to landlines and mobile numbers as well as text. Those services to cost money, but so would a cell phone. Messaging between two Skype users is still free.

• Like 1

I would honestly be pissed if you contacted me like this, no real cell phone most girls would never take the chance.

I know a fake number when I see one and don't even reply.

get a hobby phone pay as you go. they even sell them at lots of gas stations.

I got my hobby phone from Petro Canada, it costs me $100/year to maintain service (I never come close to using up my credit) and it has great service access throughout rural Ottawa and most everywhere else I've traveled in ON and QC

• Like 1