It seems that not only am I a major clutz but I have a tendency to misplace or even lose things of value to me :(

Today, I have searched high and low for my fave earings! They are not expensive, just little tiny diamond chip studs but my grampy gave them to me before he passed away!

Has anyone recently lost something that they cherish? What was it and what does this item mean to you?

I have lost my cherry at the age of 20 and miss it somewhat. It as been so long I don't remember what it was like before I lost it. I am the easy going type of guy and always ready to help out others, I have friends and family that come over and want to borrow tools and stuff let them have it. Now when I need those things I look and can't find them so I call everyone and I get blasted at by saying "Yes I took your things back" why do you call me for?

It is in my nature to do so and I'm trying to change that. So yes I have lost many things in the past and I know I will never get them back.

I wish I could recount all things lost. Some with passing value, some with great sentimental value. One of the really crappy things about building a life together with someone and having it torn asunder in a divorce is not only the loss of the relationship, it's also the loss of some of your favourite stuff....

She sold a steamer trunk that came over with the last bastions of the family in 1842 from Scotland... it was worn by years of use but held great value as a relic of the life in the old country. I was heartbroken... as was the rest of my family BUT... what can you do??? I looked for it for a few years but gave up... that still hurts.

The one thing I wish I hadn't left behind in BC was a gorgeous clear quartz crystal. Its base was large enough to cover almost the whole of the palm of my hand, and it was about 5 inches of thick, solid beauty. I've yet to find another quartz point like it.

Sorry to hear about the earrings. They'll turn up. Ask your grampa for help ( assuming of course you prescribe to a belief in some form of afterlife)

Posted via Mobile Device

Things I have lost..a sweater that an old flame gave me. I haven't worn it for years but it signified something special to me so I always kept it around. I recently got rid of 5 garbage bags full of clothing and I'm guessing that the sweater accidently got swept up in the giveaway pile. I guess it was a sign to let go of the past once and for all.

Something else that I lost for a long time was a 1 carat sapphire and diamond ring that my SO gave me years ago. I knew I didn't lose it outside of my home because it was always locked up but I did find it in a laundry basket full of clothes in a closet and also in there was 1k in cash!! Sometimes I hide things in certain places like money and always seem to forget about it. That was a nice surprise!

I lost my marbles......:shock:

Has any one seen my marbles........................:confused:..........

antiques and some other iotems in a divorce......my family antiques.........

It seems that not only am I a major clutz but I have a tendency to misplace or even lose things of value to me :(

Today, I have searched high and low for my fave earings! They are not expensive, just little tiny diamond chip studs but my grampy gave them to me before he passed away!

Has anyone recently lost something that they cherish? What was it and what does this item mean to you?

I too can be a major clutz, we're only human. I recently lost or misplaced a diamond ring that my father gave to my mother and she gave it to me, he passed when I was eight. I know it is in my bedroom and I hope to find it soon, as I don't even wear it I just take it out every now and then when I miss and think about him.

Guest ***nsut***jr

Sure, I lose stuff all the time.

Sometimes I find it later in the strangest places.

Just as bad is when you break something that serves a function and really works well. Like my first iPhone. I dropped it in water and it was dead. The first replacement was a disaster and the second is okay I guess.

Anyone want to mention crashed hard drives?

JSJ

Trust me Meg you're not the only one - mee too I always tend to misplace items or lose something that I really like. Last month I lost 4 pairs of gold earrings ... Not fun at all.

Posted via Mobile Device

Ask your grampa for help ( assuming of course you prescribe to a belief in some form of afterlife)

Posted via Mobile Device

It's funny you should mention that. When he passed away, I only requested a few small momentos. One was his favorite coffee cup "#1 Golfer". To this day, I am the only one who can drink coffee out of it. We tested it on various people, the milk immediately curdles when they go to have a sip. True story. Perhaps I should wait for a sign from him!

It's funny you should mention that. When he passed away, I only requested a few small momentos. One was his favorite coffee cup "#1 Golfer". To this day, I am the only one who can drink coffee out of it. We tested it on various people, the milk immediately curdles when they go to have a sip. True story. Perhaps I should wait for a sign from him!

Meg.... it's not fair that you also use the same milk that was in your Grampy's fridge to test your theory!!!!!

Meg.... it's not fair that you also use the same milk that was in your Grampy's fridge to test your theory!!!!!

You weren't supposed to let the cat out of the bag old dog!

They'll turn up. Ask your grampa for help ( assuming of course you prescribe to a belief in some form of afterlife)

That totally works! Angela's mom is the ''finder of lost things''.. and though I never met her while she was alive she's helped Angela help me find at least 3 major things I misplaced.. one was a converter I couldn't find prior to a trip to europe and another was my OHIP card. We tried to get her to help me find a missing webcam but to no avail.. I eventually found it though :)

When I first read this thread, nothing came to mind. After thinking about it a bit, there is one thing that was lost and I have no chance of getting it back again..... and it was my Mom that lost it.

I had a bookmark made of silk ribbon with my family tartan. Gold clip to hook to the book, tassles on the end. It was really nice and had been around for a while. To top it all off, it was left to me by my Aunt when she passed away, about 18 years ago. She also left me a 110 year old Gaelic Bible and a 70 year old hymn book my grandfather found in the rubble of a building during the Blitz. Those are both intact, thank goodness.

My mother asked to borrow the bookmark when my sister got married 15 years ago (can't remember why) and somehow managed to lose it. She felt horrible, I felt bad, but what can you do.... No malice was intended.

So, it was a reminder of my Aunt and very special to me...

I lost my marbles......:shock:

Has any one seen my marbles........................:confused:..........

antiques and some other iotems in a divorce......my family antiques.........

No marbles, but some half-empty boxes of kleenex strewn about.

Additional Comments:

That totally works! Angela's mom is the ''finder of lost things''.. and though I never met her while she was alive she's helped Angela help me find at least 3 major things I misplaced.. one was a converter I couldn't find prior to a trip to europe and another was my OHIP card. We tried to get her to help me find a missing webcam but to no avail.. I eventually found it though :)

My mother was a stubborn Irish woman. I remember when she died, my father was trying to locate a box with photo albums so he could dig some pictures out of her, and he couldn't for the life of him find it, until he "got a feeling" to look in another part of the basement where stuff like tools and cleaning supplies were stored and lo an behold, the lost box of pictures.

He always says to this day, "pray to mom".

Which saddens me because he gave me her wedding band and it was big big for me and I lost it, presumably when we were sorting through clothes - I figured it slipped off in one of the many donation bags that went out the door to the Goodwill. That broke my heart.

Being from a devout Catholic family, I was always told to pray to St. Anthony if I had lost something. Sure enough, I always found what I was looking for!

Aww, I'm sorry to hear this :sad:

I lose things a lot. Important things, too. I lost a pendant that my mother gave me. It was gold, with a little disc and when you blew on the disc it would spin and you could read "I love you" on it. It had been my grandmother's and my mother was quite upset about it.

Sometimes when I start looking for something I've lost, I find something that I lost previously. Maybe if you "lose" something else and look for it, you'll find your earrings. Failing that, I do hope they turn up at some point.