What will be the next thing you will purchase?

Guest Prufrock Cummings

More Halloween candy...I kind of got into the box of chocolate bars on the weekend, so now I don't think I have enough to give out at the door tonight!

My Sony Bravia LED HDTV packed it in and I only bought it in 2009. I don't know is seven years a reasonable life expectancy for a TV these days?

It replaced a Sony 32 inch CRT TV (heavy monster) I had for 27 years and it still worked great. IMO Sony quality has gone downhill over the lat ten years.

Looking at a pre Black Friday sale offering a Samsung 55 inch 4K UHD 7000 series at a reasonable price. I understand LG and Samsung are leading the TV industry these days. Any recommendations?

My Sony Bravia LED HDTV packed it in and I only bought it in 2009. I don't know is seven years a reasonable life expectancy for a TV these days?

It replaced a Sony 32 inch CRT TV (heavy monster) I had for 27 years and it still worked great. IMO Sony quality has gone downhill over the lat ten years.

Looking at a pre Black Friday sale offering a Samsung 55 inch 4K UHD 7000 series at a reasonable price. I understand LG and Samsung are leading the TV industry these days. Any recommendations?

If you want good recos, check out rtings.com ... Lots of great suggestions.

Samsung, Sony, lg seem good bets for 4k. Get one with good HDR.

Guest Prufrock Cummings

Going to buy all my baking needs tomorrow to get a jump on my Christmas cookies. I'm not sure if I love Christmas or hate it; it's a hell of a lot of work.