What will be the next thing you will purchase?

A new mattress. Most expensive one I bought in my life from a local Canadian company, and I went King.

Usually I always bought a brand name during one of those sales but I found apart from impossible comparison shopping, they build them these days with inferior material just to save a buck. Like everything they are now built to be replaced (disposable) in five years. Anyway, this one seems very well made and has a 15 year warranty. After all, we spend at least one third of our life in bed sleeping, apart from other activities :) so it only took me 50 years to address a good sleep as a priority.

Guest Prufrock Cummings

Hopefully figuring out my winter trip and booking it in the next week. All signs point to the Andes in South America

https://www.amazon.ca/Global-Knives-Cooks-Knife-20/dp/B00005OL44

global knives are amazing. They are real commercial grade chef knives (even the ones sold on amazon for home use) made from cromova stainless steel. They are Japanese made, lightweight and perfectly balanced. And wickedly sharp!

In ontario about 15 years ago we could only find them in china town in toronto now you can buy them online. I know chefs from ottawa that made special trips to get these and still use them today. I own one and its the best knife i have ever had and its about 15 years old and was used in a commercial kitchen for 5 years of its life.

• Like 1