Bill-C24: A second class citizenship goes into effect

While Canada is a country built on immigration - just like the north american continent has been - our government has decided that immigrants or individuals who became Canadian Citizens - even when they were born here - can be considered just second class citizens when they do not fit in the picture anymore:

https://bccla.org/2015/06/its-official-second-class-citizenship-goes-into-effect/

Asked in a very simplistic way: is this right or wrong?

• Like 1

Guest s******ecan****

Wrong and unconstitutional.

Worst government ever.

I urge everyone to vote for the local candidate most likely to defeat your local PC candidate. This may mean voting for a party you do not generally support but it will ensure the defeat of Stephen Harper.

Make no mistake, Harper's only chance at re-election is if vote splitting of NDP and Liberal votes allows them to sneak through the middle.

Guest *Ste***cque**

Why the need? And who exiles citizens anymore? We seem to be regressing or at least becoming more polarized as a society, thanks to the conservatives pandering to what seems a frightened, moralizing base.

I wish there was a decent alternative to my vote this fall. I won't vote NDP on principal so it's up to Justin Trudeau to show he's ready. I don't think my conscience will allow me to vote conservative.

This looks like a very good way to get rid of people who inconvenience or embarrass the government. And another 9-0 SCC ruling in the works.

• Like 1

Something's going down in Chinatown (and Little Russia too). This isn't about ISIS, this is about WW3. The anti-Russia/anti-China rhetoric in the mainstream media has notched into high gear. The recession of 2008 isn't over; we're in the middle of the Next Great Depression (I'd say we're in a depressionary era when Greece seriously considers defaulting on its debts). What came after the last Great Depression? WW2. AmeriKa/NATO is pushing for global war, perhaps a diversion from how bad things are going to get.

This is about deporting anyone with a Chinese/Russian passport when the time comes.