Iphone 4 Review - From a Crackberry Addict

I have been a blackberry junkie for the past 8 years, having owned every single version of the blackberry made available.......

I have always downloaded and installed beta OS's that have blown up my bberry more times than I can count, always been 'leading' edge in terms of software I try......so I consider myself an educated user of the bberry...

I have tried out alot of other devices, and always went back to my trusted blackberry within 2 days.......

So, this past Friday (bribed my son to line up for me......11 hours...OUCH ...) I got my Iphone 4.......I have NEVER looked back at my 9700

The Iphone 4, is slick, fast and solid as a rock......I absolutely LOVE the app store ( which LOVES my VISA ) and can't seem to put the unit down.....it's a winner......

I bought a 'bumper' to eliminate the antenna problem, but truthfully never had an issue even without one.

Typing, which was my biggest fear of switching is as fast and efficient as my bberry......yep, never thought I would be able to find another device that i can type with as quickly.....

Finally, with a 5mb pix camera, Ipod and HD Camera, I can now carry one item in place of the 4 I used to religiously take with me on my travels,,,,

OK, time to go back to the app store.....there is a game I just HAVE to have....... and for $1.99, i can't go wrong !

SNK

I judge how good a device is by how willing I am to spend money purchasing apps. So far the Mac, iPhone and Palm 3c are the only devices I have been willing to fork money over for.

Guest ***nsut***jr

Glad you like your iPhone 4.

I have a 3GS and I just love the functionality and the ease of use.

Since I am not too computer (PC) savvy I love the way I can get it to sync all my information across three different pieces of hardware.

Mind you they are all Apple.

Glad to see that the reception on the 4 is good.

Enjoy!

JSJ

They did a brief newstory about the BlackBerry Torch release. It's supposed to compete with the iPhone market. Here's why it won't work:

Firstly the specs of the new Torch really aren't overly impressive.

Secondly, Mac has worked long and hard for over a decade as identifying their brand as a hipster brand. BlackBerry is commonly thought of by many, not as hip or cool, but as a corporate ball-and-chain.

Thirdly, the feel of the phones in your hand is like night and day. BlackBerry's new Torch feels a bit bulky and chunky in appearance compared to the sleek, almosy sexy look and feel of the iPhone.

Fourth, how the hell do you compare with the tech world's version of a rock star: Steve Jobs? You can't!

BlackBerry made a name for itself in the white collar market, and it will not be easy to make a splash in the more "alternative" hipster market. Not saying their phones aren't well-crafted. But they typecast themselves.

Posted via Mobile Device

One major problem I have with iPhone is with the battery. You gotta bring the charger with you wherever you go. You never know when its juice runs out.

One major problem I have with iPhone is with the battery. You gotta bring the charger with you wherever you go. You never know when its juice runs out.

That is a common complain. i have a car charger and it gets its juice when i go to/from work during the weekday.

Thirdly, the feel of the phones in your hand is like night and day. BlackBerry's new Torch feels a bit bulky and chunky in appearance compared to the sleek, almosy sexy look and feel of the iPhone.

Remarkable insight, sex sells

Guest ***nsut***jr

My battery lasts just fine under normal conditions. Depending on activity and activated features such a WiFi and Bluetooth it will certainly run out more quickly.

If you find that your battery is seriously underperforming just take it into an Apple store and they will take care of it.

As Lindsay said, it is a hip piece of hardware but it is also really functional and fun. I could be that we just use them so much that the battery life becomes an issue. I do have an external battery for expressly when I run an app that requires constant run time.

And if you really want to talk about hip and cool take an iPad for a spin. These will become game changers in business with the development of more apps and the acceptance of "cloud" computing. IMHO

JSJ

Always having been tech savvy I was always on the lookout for new items. The iPods of old never did it for me and as such, I always stayed away from their high priced hype....until now! I am blown away by the new iPods and iPhones!! Functionality at it's best! I finally see something where they 'got it right'. I use this 3rd gen iPod all the time and for sure will pick up an iPhone when my contract with Rogers allows me too. They are amazing!! Wooooo, I am a dork....but I don't care, as I sit here on the toilet typing this up on my iPod. Wtg Apple, ya done good! Now I better wipe and get out of here, my ass has gone numb!

Posted via Mobile Device

This thread got me to thinking. People nowadays need not only their cell phones, but they need it with internet/email/texting/ messenger/ camera/ video, etc. But growing up (pre cell phone/home computer-you know, the days of the dinasour lol), I don't recall line ups of people at pay phones because of the need to stay in touchJust something that makes you (well at least me) go hummm.....RG

Guest p*****1*3

Would really like to get my hands on an IPHONE 4 but Rogers is always out of stock ... I really like my 3g and am looking forward to having the Iphone 4 because it is faster, facetime and has a better camera.