So, what would you change? Would you change any?......

LOL.. Just read this on the internet. It made me smile because, I have and I know many of you have thought about it.... What would you change? What if you could go back.....

"What advice would you give a younger you?

Consider, for a second, your life. Consider all of the life lessons you've learned and the experiences you've undergone during your brief existence here. Consider the trials and tribulations you've faced and the lessons you've learned "the hard way." If you could write a letter to you, at any point in your life, and give yourself as much advice as you saw fit, what would you say? Would you remind yourself that life goes on? Would you promise that things always get better no matter how terrible they might seem? Would you take the philosophy of Frank Sinatra and explain to your younger self that "That's Life"? Would you plead with yourself to turn to God sooner? Would you warn yourself to stay away from soda, salt, and red meat?

Of course, this arouses the argument of "I like my life the way it is now, and everything that happened happened for a reason thus I would not change anything." If that is your stance, then I pose another question: What advice would you give to a younger being? Age, culture, ethnic background, and special circumstances are arbitrary, irrelevant, and up to you."

So.... What would you change? Would you change any? lol......... ;)

• Like 1

"Your hang-ups about sex are stupid and pointless. Ditch them and have fun."

Younger me could really have benefited from that one...

• Like 3

Mine would be......

Listen to the advice that you're given. You don't know everything, even though you think you do.

What other people think of you, is none of your business. I have finally mastered this, but I wish I had of sooner.

Don't waste time with people who don't appreciate you. Life is too short, to be surrounded by fake friends.

• Like 2

This question is old as this world. Many of us probably tried to answer it.

I would not change something particular but I would make my younger version to understand some basic things.

1. "Life". There is only a moment between past and future. And this moment is what called life. Enjoy this moment, do right things now, don't postpone anything.

2 "Happiness". Happiness is the moment in your life (time and place) which you would not want to leave. Your life is moving in right direction if you believe you will have such moments ahead.

3 "Love". True love means that you are ready to give everything you can without expecting anything in return, you care for someone unconditionally.

If I had come to this when I was young and stupid, life of some people would be better including myself. Or maybe it is just a fantasy, and everyone is supposed to make his/ her own stupid mistakes.

• Like 1

My wife passed over ten years ago. Although I think I had a reasonably successful marriage, I know that I could have been more attentive and thoughtful with her. I have some regrets, and believe I would be a better partner, helping more with the mundane, and rising to the occasion when she wanted attention even when I wasn't terribly interested for myself.

• Like 2

Leave her. Run away from her. Don't look back. Don't think, just go. Whatever you are thinking, I guarantee it will not end well.

• Like 1

You're young & straight out of school go work in Europe for a few years and travel while you're down there.

There will be plenty of time to establish yourself and start a family when you get back.

:)

• Like 1

Guest *Ste***cque**

I wouldn't change a thing if it meant I would not meet and marry my wife. Maybe I would tell my younger self to enjoy life more as it is over in the blink of an eye. I would also tell him to spend some time getting to know who he is and to start meditating at a younger age.

I also think your present life is just a progression of past steps and it's best to stay in the present with an eye to the future than it is to regret the past. Truth is though, like most young people, I likely wouldn't listen to an older me anyway. :)

Guest **cely***r***ne

I would tell myself not to worry so much. Take care of yourself and don't be so wild. Live...but live with purpose.

Dear Younger Me,

Chill the f**k out. Stop worrying about the trivial things in life and appreciate what you have instead of what you don't have. And get over yourself!

I thought when I would reach 30 years old, I would be over the hill. Haha!

What I have learned is you have to go through contrast in your life in order to come to these realizations. Otherwise you wouldn't have joy without the contrast. The things I have learned in the last year have changed my life for the better. My way is thinking now is completely different.

• Like 3

I am of the mind that I wouldn't change things because everything I experienced, good and bad, brought me to this point and taught me something valuable.

Having said that, I would have loved to have some of those lessons and some of the experiences a little earlier in life. Coming from a small town before there was internet meant many ideas and interests and life changing experiences came later in life so if I could bring some of that information back and delve into it earlier, I most definitely would. Most of the issues I have dealt with in younger years, I have tools to handle them now that I didn't then. I would listen more to myself than the warped views and beliefs of others.

• Like 3

As I approach the half-century mark in human years, I have had some opportunity to look back at the tapestry that I have woven.

I might tell my younger self not to take things so seriously. I am a recovering "Type A" and life's challenges have humbled me to the point of realizing the sun does rise the next morning and most things can be fixed, repaired, altered or resolved.

I would take the time to enjoy the moment more, instead of "planning for future happiness". I lost my wife to breast cancer 15 years ago and raised my daughter alone. Now she's embarking on her post-secondary academic adventure. I could look back and say I should have treasured more "life moments" with her, instead of worrying about the next challenge. Yes, as a single dad, I learned how to braid hair, help my daughter buy "feminine hygiene products", and experienced "teen sleep overs". But I wouldn't change any of it...

Would I change anything? Tough question. Every decision we make adds to our tapestry. Looking at where I am at now, the tapestry isn't all that terrible. But it is intriguing to think back and play the "could've, should've" game now and then.

Sunny days ahead.

CM

• Like 4

Guest P*rry

Two aspects of my life would change if I had a redo.

Foremost is the classic one ... spend less time at work and more time with family and friends.

The other is more personal ... be less of a care-giver. I was a soft touch when a family member needed a loan. Often it was a hassle to remind them it was a loan. Upshot was resentment and anger on my part. Now I say no.