I am looking for quick finger food recipes that are easily portable and can be eaten cold or room temp. Be inventive folks!!! I really need to wow the crowd with new ideas!

well I like the small packs of baby carrots with copliments roasted garlic bacon dressing, you buy the small cup cake foil and pour the dressing in their for indivual person just put them in the fridge till your ready to go.

you can cut up other vegatables like red, green and yellow peppers, or evrn broccoli or calliflour yuck

we just had a backyard pool party and besides the regular stuff - we did

marinated mediterranian veggies

pickled asparagas spears

artichoke parmesan cous cous salad

chipoltle lamb meat balls

curried lobster tidbits

cold smoked rib roast

and the normal salads pickles cheeses etc

pm for recipies of anything that might interest you

Guest S**a*Q

A cheese (Milder cheeses like brie, Camembert, flavored harvartis or a goat cheese) n fruit plate (grapes, strawberries, raspberries), with a chutney (fruit based like mango) or something sweet to balance out the cheeses...

Since I've been here in Ottawa, me and the girlfriend have been eating tons of these, she's a chef, says the cheese should be at room temp. Mmm melty goodness!

It's simple and elegant, and offers variety for everyone!

I made a couple snackies after being inspired by the Hilton's lounge-snacks this past Toronto tour...

they were these little tuna salad crackers...the twist was curry powder or paste mixed into the mayo, tuna and onions...top it on a cracker and top with a roasted red-pepper slice.

looks pretty and tastes yummy....puts a new twist opn tuna salad.

In my recipe I added a little bit of turmeric (indian saffron) ....but then again, I add turmeric to everything these days, lol

Additional Comments:

I made a couple snackies after being inspired by the Hilton's lounge-snacks this past Toronto tour...

they were these little tuna salad crackers...the twist was curry powder or paste mixed into the mayo, tuna and onions...top it on a cracker and top with a roasted red-pepper slice.

looks pretty and tastes yummy....puts a new twist opn tuna salad.

In my recipe I added a little bit of turmeric (indian saffron) ....but then again, I add turmeric to everything these days, lol

I love the variation on the tuna salad...I think I may try that stuffed in small tomato halves! (I love tumeric as well!)

Not very creative of me, but I always google stuff when I need new recipe ideas. If you want to have the wow factor, opt for anything with a nice pate. People love that stuff, and for my life I don't know why.

Posted via Mobile Device

Foie gras pate with baguette + fruit salad.

What time should we show up? ;)

A cheese (Milder cheeses like brie, Camembert, flavored harvartis or a goat cheese) n fruit plate (grapes, strawberries, raspberries), with a chutney (fruit based like mango) or something sweet to balance out the cheeses...

I would go with Oka cheese(there's where I'm from!), Havarti, Camembert, with a variety of crispy fruits, such has apple or honey melon, wich a very fruity white wine... Refreshing, nourrishing, classy and how tastefull!

I am looking for quick finger food recipes that are easily portable and can be eaten cold or room temp. Be inventive folks!!! I really need to wow the crowd with new ideas!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I know, I know this.

Potato chips. Wanna wow them? Chips AND dip. Double wow??? Chips and dips and cheezies. Triple wow??? Ripple chips and dips and cheezies... and for the Pee-ess de la Rezistance??? (Drum roll)... Beer nuts!!!

• Like 2

this is a quick recipe that takes about 15 min to make. Serve as just skewers or over a bed of rice as more of a food dish. depending on how many vary the recipie from 2 tbls to 6 tblsp or more.

2 - 6 Slice of diced and cooked to bacon bits

add

2 - 6 tbls of vegtable oil, apple cider vinigar, sugar to the pan pan

1 - 3 tbls of lime juice

boil the mixure till it thickens a bit and pour over shrimp or chicken skewers. If you use chicken sprinkle with cumin, alspice and cinnamon.

Guest S**a*Q

Potato chips. Wanna wow them? Chips AND dip. Double wow??? Chips and dips and cheezies. Triple wow??? Ripple chips and dips and cheezies... and for the Pee-ess de la Rezistance??? (Drum roll)... Beer nuts!!!

SQUEEEE!!! I love a man with gourmet style!

*That's the recipe for a highclass Thunder bay party, just add beer, cheap beer at that... Say James Ready or Carling Ice*

LOL!

Guest s******ecan****

Hard to go wrong with smoked salmon. You can usually find it in any large grocery store (fresh or frozen), just need some crackers and if you want to get real fancy add some plain cream cheese and parsley for garnish.

I wasn't sure if it had to be a savory app. or if something sweet was okay so I thought I'd offer a couple of suggestions, both "stuffed".

Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes

24 cherry tomatoes try to pick up both red and yellow

Cut a small portion off the bottoms of each tomato so they will sit on a try without rolling. slice off the tops of each tomatoes and scoop out centers with the small end of a melon scope to make a hollow yet sturdy shell; discard centers. Turn cherry tomatoes upside down and use the bottom for the top when stuffing. This keeps them standing straight.

Invert tomatoes onto damp paper towels and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to fill.

Using a small spoon, *I actually folded up a parchment bag with no tip so it wouldn't clog on 'chunky bits', fill each tomato with about 1 teaspoon of the filling of your choice. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Remove from refrigerator 15 minutes before serving.

Filling:

Mozzarella Cheese Filling:

1 to 2 teaspoons pine nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped

4 ounces fresh soft Mozzarella Cheese (can substitute Daiya Cheese to make the recipe lactose free & Vegan to accommodate guests)

2 tablespoon chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes

1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives

Salt and freshly ground pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Place pine nuts on a baking sheet; bake for 10 minutes or until a light golden brown.

In a bowl, combine mozzarella cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, and chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Alternate filling:

Guacamole

3 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed

1 lime, juiced

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup diced onion

3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

1 teaspoon minced garlic

1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)

In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper.

For something a little different maybe try Fresh Figs with Goat Cheese and Lavender

8fresh Mission figs

2tablespoons mascarpone cheese

1/4cup goat cheese, softened

1/4teaspoon dried lavender flowers

1/2tablespoon honey or agave nectar

2-3sprigs fresh lavender, for garnish

Rinse, dry, and halve each fig.

In a small bowl, blend together mascarpone (or cream cheese), goat cheese, lavender flowers, and agave (or honey).

Spoon cheese mixture on top of each fig half.

Garnish with fresh lavender sprigs, if desired. Enjoy!

When I made this I used the mascarpone and agave (why it's first in the directions, I tend to alter them in the notes when I save them) I ended up getting a variety of cheeses from Monteforte dairy, so it wasn't just Goat Cheese that I used but some sheep as well and some different flavours which didn't always compliment the lavender so I decided to play with different herbs and spices which was a lot of fun. Just be sure to cut the fig into small bits to if you are taste testing as it's not the kind of food you will want to eat in large quantities.

I also ended up doing some stuffed medjool dates, same cheeses but with a candied ginger on top to contrast with the lavender. I liked the lavender better but I found some people really preferred the ginger which was a more familiar flavour.

Whatever you decide I hope it turns out well.

Sounds good to me....gee sounds good for dinner

Some other ideas

smoked oyster or smoked mussels

shrimp ring

ham roll ups (from the deli section get thinly sliced black forest ham, and spread cream cheese on one side, roll the ham up, cut into bite size pieces, approx 3 pieces per slice of ham)

RG

Guest *b*y

i don't think there's anything easier than a an assortment of veggies: cut-up celery, baby carrots, broccoli, with hummus as dip. It's so simple, yet so good, it's guaranteed to make you cry if you're oversensitive..

For the mediteranean flavours, that's good with veggies, olives and or pita bread: half tahini (sesame butter) and half yogurt, some lemon juice, garlic and a pinch or two of sea salt.

Sorry, i never use exact mesurements for this as i always "eyeball" this dip.

If you can't wow them with Chips.....

There are a few Indian food stores around and I know that you can always get a bunch of samosas.... deeeeeelickyious!!!!! Grab a few dozen veggie samosas, maybe a few chicken or beef.... get some mango chutney, mint chutney or coriander chutney....

Pakhoras, Bhajis, Naan... yummy.... all of it quite easy to warm and equally as easy to eat!!!!

Additional Comments:

and for a wee dessert treat????

Dorinda's own banana splits!!!!!

picture.php?albumid=1764&pictureid=10833

• Like 1