Is there such a thing as Karma?

Guest ***rd**n

Is there such a thing as Karma or is there no justice. I used to work downtown not far from the strip club. Got fired, found another job life moves on. Now I work out in the middle of no where. Plus I work second shift finish at 1:30 in the morning, couldn't go to the club even if I wanted to. Now I have to eat lunch with my co-workers, no offense to my co-workers but it sucks. I remember eating lunch at the club sometimes. I could never compete with the Director Generals that hung out there, don't have there money, but no matter. Perhaps it is god's way of punishing me for spending too much time there or saving me from spending too much time there. Now I work in manufacturing again, hate it. Mainly guys, mainly foreigners, mainly non-white and not a pretty face in the bunch. On top of that no paid breaks, 44 hour work weeks, paid monthly, all perfectly legal. Thank you Ontario Ministry of Labour. To all the other hobbyists out there be for warned for you to may end up working where I am too.

That sucks, and I have to say you had my sympathy until complaining about the 'non-white' colleagues. Perhaps karma is a thing after all...

Guest ***rd**n

Simply stating a truthful fact, that's all. I am in the same boat as my co-workers poor and powerless. If you were a racially conscious person you would be aware of the double standards or two faced nature of work in this country. Anyway I don't need to explain myself to you and I never asked for your sympathy.

Yes there is such a thing as Karma. Yes you are being punished. But we all are to some extent. Everybody is dealing with their own unique issues. How'd you get fired?

Guest ***rd**n

Worked at a currency processing center. Processed envelopes with cash, cheques and bill payments. Was a supervisor. Acted as an in between, between the operators and manager. Did verifications, gave over rides, escalated things to the manager so they are aware and can take action. Manager that hired me had a nervous break down and never came back, so I was told was absent that day. Our team leader very smart individual went to another city to replace a manager that also had a nervous break down ended up getting a promotion there. Good on them. Company brought in a new manager. I don't think I was part of that managers plans. I am not the managers personal assistant or henchman. The manager was new so they did not know everything but attitude towards us was I don't wish to be bothered with you.

Anyway I accidentally placed $400,000.00 worth of cheques into an inactive account. You can have more than one transit number per account by the way, who knew. If I would have being given the proper information in the beginning when I had escalated it to the manager as well as the other supervisor and not after the fact that mistake would have not occurred. I owned up to the mistake, stood my ground, however I am the one responsible so it falls on me. Completely understandable.

Manager made a comment, there are many unhappy immigrants in Canada who would have withdrawn that money from their account and gone back to their homeland, it would be like winning the lottery. Also saw a former co-worker smart person, good worker, still works there, has being for a long time. They are not very old but full of grey hair and can't wait for the day they can turn in their badge. Feel bad for them.

I never quit and they never broke me I was fired.