I'm very pleased that I don't go into chat room anymore. Too many people away and go to private chat rooms, my last visit in there lasted a whole two minutes. I'm happy to chat through pm's with my fav's ;)

Everyone here has the right to decide to stop or to never visit the chat room however, with all due respect Pete I find your comment out of context. Being away or in private conversations from my perspective does not go against chat etiquette. Those are just personal choices some members make for different reasons and I don't think they disrespect anyone by doing so.

Perhaps the members you refer to choose to do that because they contact those they are interested to chat with as opposed of being approached by anyone.

I'm very pleased that I don't go into chat room anymore. Too many people away and go to private chat rooms, my last visit in there lasted a whole two minutes. I'm happy to chat through pm's with my fav's ;)
Edited by Isabella Gia (Banned)
  • Like 1

Just giving my reason why I do not visit chat anymore. There is eight pages on chat etiquette, any where from a man looking to pull out his penis out to show and tell, OR men asking ladies to show more on cam, back door chat rooms with nothing accomplished other then this 8 page thread on etiquette and complaints about members going into private chat rooms, so I just don't visit the chat room...what is wrong with that? what is out of context? other than my choice of not visiting the chat room?

If you visit the chat room enjoy your stay and have fun,this is my own preference of not visiting, but please ensure you play nicely inside the chat rooms.

Everyone here has the right to decide to stop or to never visit the chat room however, with all due respect Pete I find your comment out of context. Being away or in private conversations from my perspective does not go against chat etiquette. Those are just personal choices some members make for different reasons and I don't think they disrespect anyone by doing so.

Perhaps the members you refer to choose to do that because those they contact those they are interested to chat with as opposed of being approached by anyone.

• Like 2

Guest Ni**t*****t

It seems like many members boycott the chat room for various reasons. I think we are complicating things a bit. The Chat Room used to bo a lot of fun to meet people, chat, private chat etc... I hooked up with a SP in the room. But we need to keep in mind that a chat room is a chat room... a place to meet people. This is a great opportunity! get together guys/gals! Our community is provided by this golden opportunity to communicate, chat, have fune, set up meets, etc... don't can it by g..'s sake! Are we a community or not?

as a newer member on here (but certainly not new to the business) I love the idea of the chat room.

But I have to agree with some of the posts that if the cam is not on, its not on for a reason.

That reason could be anything, someone else in the room, just stepped out of the shower, etc, and I do believe it disrespectful to ask someone without the cam on, to turn it on.

I also agree with being polite. I will say hello upon entering the room, and if someone is private chatting to me, I am very respectful and polite. If I have to leave the room, I say so, as I do have other things to do.

I like this site so far and would welcome the opportunity to utilize it more.

• Like 1

My chat room tip is: don't bombard someone with idle chit chat the moment they enter the room. Personally, this is why I rarely go in, because when I do, I get swamped with private chat requests from people who simply want to ask me about my day. While I do enjoy keeping up with some 'friends' in the chat room, I'm really not there to shoot the shit with everyone about the weather and their work day.

It's a great feature to meet people, ask questions, and set up dates. But when it feels like an old-school 'chat room' with strangers just talking about nothing, I bolt.

• Like 6

My chat room tip is: don't bombard someone with idle chit chat the moment they enter the room. Personally, this is why I rarely go in, because when I do, I get swamped with private chat requests from people who simply want to ask me about my day. While I do enjoy keeping up with some 'friends' in the chat room, I'm really not there to shoot the shit with everyone about the weather and their work day.

It's a great feature to meet people, ask questions, and set up dates. But when it feels like an old-school 'chat room' with strangers just talking about nothing, I bolt.

Couldn't agree more. I actually haven't been to the chatroom in years for exactly this reason. It's not a problem specific to cerb though. I don't go on chat on facebook for the same reason. Maybe I'm just antisocial lol

Couldn't agree more. I actually haven't been to the chatroom in years for exactly this reason. It's not a problem specific to cerb though. I don't go on chat on facebook for the same reason. Maybe I'm just antisocial lol

I log myself out of facebook chat a lot too. If someone is just like 'what are you doing', and not trying to make plans or ask me about something, I feel like, why are you chatting at me?

• Like 1

I'm fairy new here, I enjoy utilizing the chat to obtain some bookings, but one this that slightly bothers me is when someone watches your cam and doesn't even talk to you. Just a tad creepy lol. I completely agree that mundane talk about the weather is complete waste of time, I don't know about you ladies but when I enter that room, it's to pick up bookings, not to talk about my day.

One more thing I had to deal with, I'm sure you other gals have to put up with is when someone pretends they're interested in your services just to pump personal info about your services, probably to fap and just completely waste your time. Don't bother a lady unless you're actually interested in what she has to offer. ><

Good post thanks being new here and not wanting to offend I can use all the advice I can get. Now if I could only sleep!

i wasn't a great chat-room fan but seriously if someone really bothers you, why stand there and take it? you can always relocate your buisness elsewhere

Guest S**ney Laf****e

Hi,

I'm pretty new here and have been in the chat several times. One of the main things that annoys me is people sending me private chats without having spoken to me in the general section first. Please, start a conversation with me before asking me to your room. At least a couple of whispers or something!

Second, I've had a couple people be very sexually aggressive with me in private chat. Just because I'm an SP doesn't mean you should tell me you're currently masturbating by looking at my website. It's kinda low-class. Sex talk is ok with someone you know but when the process is "hi" >> "what's your website" >> "I'm getting off on your pictures" it totally turns me off. I'm a lady - treat me like one!

Aside from that I've had a lot of fun in the chat room and I'm already making friends. I'll keep visiting it, but I just ignore the private chat requests now when someone hasn't properly introduced themselves. In many other chatrooms on the internet the number one rule is "ask permission before starting a private chat". I'd like to see this rule applied in the Cerb chat.

My two cents!

Cheers,

Sid

Please check my profile before asking me to private chat.

Questions like "are you in Ottawa" are usually the first hint that someone has NOT read my profile.

Thank you.

I used chat for the first time yesterday and I liked it, but I noticed there's the potential for "dead air." It helps to be prepared for chat, as opposed to just leaping in without any sort of plan. So, one rule of etiquette that works well for me is: be prepared, with a few fun, semi-racy subjects to discuss ...

As to less-than-polite people ... yes, they're annoying but it's good that they're showing their true colours in chat. Now I know I should tell them "no thank you" if they were to approach me in my capacity as a SP. Forewarned = forearmed.

Let me know some good chat rooms to visit!

I havent visited a chat room in SO long.

Been forever. Didnt realize people still use them.. But why not!

I'm sure theres some awesome people other than the weird creepy men who always ask to cam and send cam requests every minute.

I will maybe have to check out the Lyla chatroom.

I prefer private message over anything to be honest.

I suspect that the a/v aspects keep people out of the chat. I know you don't have to turn that on, but it pushed me out of it the first time. The pop-ups asking for microphone and camera access.... woah woah... DO NOT WANT.

Just a plain old text chat would I think get much more action. Every time I've dropped into Chat Room it's been empty so...