Spend money to make money.

"I don't think I need all that stuff to be hot, sexy, sultry whatever... That all comes from the inside, not the outside."

ABSOLUTLEY TRUE

For pictures I would recommend making a profile on ModelMayhem.com, its a model/photographer networking site, its easy to find photographers looking for TFCD (Time for CD of pictures) subjects....you shoot for free, they get a model for free...everybody wins :)

I just shelled out $200 for a friend who did the photos featured in my avatar to shoot me and a friend...but my other friend backed out of the shoot and he still expected to be paid in full...argh. Next time I'm using ModelMayhem.

The only real overhead costs I have for work are nails (which I only get filled when they absolutely are looking like crap, lol), hair extensions, the occasional new outfit and Gas for driving to outcalls...oh and my phonecards and internet connection.

I do love lingerie shopping tho...however I was pleasantly surprised when my favorite regular brought me a $150 gift card for La Vie en Rose. VERY thoughtful gift. Needles to say thats one expense that will be taken care of for the next little while.

And I'm not saying that any of these material things like nails or hair accessories or lingerie are absolutely needed in order to feel sexy....but I must admit that when I get a new lingerie set or new hot stockings and my hair and nails are looking good, I feel as though I am oozing sex appeal......and that generally reflects in my session...hehe ;)

Other costs.....Child-care: Sometimes I have to pay a babysitter for my son when I go out on Outcalls in the evening.

as for health and fitness, I've been debating taking up Bikram yoga again...I used to argue that I didnt have the time for it...now I really have no excuse.

I believe in spending money to make money.I like to change things as i get bored with my look,,,going from extensions to blond hair to dark hair and then back to blond hehe

my monthly expenses for this business goes like this

hair (every 2 months so i rounded it off ) 150.00

pedicure 50.00

waxing 30.00

makeup 40.00

candles 40.00

ec ad 170.00

condoms

hotels 200.00

spa stuff(my secret)300.00( that is a figure rounded out to a monthly payment)

i find as i get older i need to invest a bit more in things i didnt invest in 4 yrs ago but on the upside i enjoy getting those little things done even though they are pricey

now these monthly expenditures do not include pictures from a proffessional photographer or my rent and hot water bill for towels that i launder but i would be paying rent regardless though not as high as i do now.

so long story short i spend quite a bit:) but i save too so it is well balanced and budgeted like any business xoxoalex

• Like 1

Guest s******ecan****

I would be curious in knowing what impact technology has had from a cost point of viewfor SP's compared to the way business was conducted in the past.

Digital photography is cheaper than film, but does this represent a savings for SP's? I assume in the past independent SP's didn't post photos in the classifieds (lol). Yet the ability to post photos online perhaps leads to increased revenue etc?

The internet, cell/texting etc are other issues that have changed radically.

Be interested in hearing anyone's thoughts.

Guest S**a*Q
"I don't think I need all that stuff to be hot, sexy, sultry whatever... That all comes from the inside, not the outside."

ABSOLUTLEY TRUE

I'm better with interior cosmetics! Thank goodness for that.

Hehehe I wouldn't know what to do with all that stuff if I had it. I"d break off nails, streak my self-tanner, pick the wrong colors of makeup, bleach my hair wrong and end up at the door like this...

pig-ugly-woman-fat-face.jpg

Heehee!!!

Hehehe I wouldn't know what to do with all that stuff if I had it. I"d break off nails, streak my self-tanner, pick the wrong colors of makeup, bleach my hair wrong and end up at the door like this...

Heehee!!!

LMAO And if I tried to apply make-up to you we would get the same result. I can barely put mascara, eyeliner and lip stain on. Thats about as far as I go.

My fingernails are short for a reason. No I do not bite them, you figure it out. If anything I spend most of my time on foot care as I see foot fet clients. Even then they are not perfect, but I've never had a complaint.

I like to colour my hair, but that just meant going from blond to a redhead. My skin tone works better with red.

I attempted some eyeshadow the other day. All sparkley and pretty. When I went to take it off, it did some pretty bad damage to my skin. No thank you.

I've quoted John Larroquettes Night Court line before:

I gotta be meeeeeeee! ♪♪♫ ♫♫ ♪♪♪♪

Another good penny saver on getting condoms for free is at your local sexual health clinic......left alone in a room with a giant fishbowl of condoms....hmmm...lol.

I also stock up on condoms at Gay bars when I'm out...they refill those stations a LOT...and the Aids Committee of Ottawa has started bringing out bowls and handing out of all kinds of fun stuff on certain nights....tiny packets of lube (perfect for outcalls), female condoms, flavoured condoms, latex-free condoms and new brands of large-sized condoms to spice things up selection-wise.

Your right sweetest massage. The huge expense I will be paying out is not a monthly expense. I would say the only things I normally do are my nails and hair. Since I'm getting pictures done. I have all these extra expenses. I would have to say that they will pay themselves off in the long run. I just got three new lingerie pieces last night, for my pictures. In total they all cost $160.00. The best part about them is that they are one of a kind. I also estimated that the total cost of everything will be around $1000. If I keep on getting everything on sale. Hopefully it will save me some big bucks. It is also helpful to get messages about photographers. When it comes to pictures, cheeper doesn't always mean better. So normally my expenses would be around $200 plus. Lucky for me that my inner beauty shines far greater than my outer. But isn't it fun to try something new. Hopefully I don't turn out like your picture Sara. Wish me luck!

Heehee!!!

Wow she looks amazing and come ready with the cock rings of various sizes on her ears and anal beads around the neck, I'm also a big fan of bright red lipstick and shades and don't get me started with a redhead.hahahahaha LOL

Lucky for me that my inner beauty shines far greater than my outer.

I would have to agree that this statement is absolutely true! Not that there is anything wrong with your outer beauty, but your personality simply outshines everything else.

• Like 1

I will admit to being the tomboyish type as well. Practically never wear nail polish and if I do it's only on my toenails. Makeup is a quick application. Hair tho....I spend all of my money taming my frizzy locks! As far as clothes, the cheaper the better! Underwear, almost never but a bra ALWAYS (that is how you keep middle age boobies nice and firm! LOL)

My top grooming expenses are hair, razors and body wash (need that soft skin!)

Kisses to all you beautiful women!!!

I believe in spending money to make money.I like to change things as i get bored with my look,,,going from extensions to blond hair to dark hair and then back to blond hehe

my monthly expenses for this business goes like this

hair (every 2 months so i rounded it off ) 150.00

pedicure 50.00

waxing 30.00

makeup 40.00

candles 40.00

ec ad 170.00

condoms

hotels 200.00

spa stuff(my secret)300.00( that is a figure rounded out to a monthly payment)

i find as i get older i need to invest a bit more in things i didnt invest in 4 yrs ago but on the upside i enjoy getting those little things done even though they are pricey

now these monthly expenditures do not include pictures from a proffessional photographer or my rent and hot water bill for towels that i launder but i would be paying rent regardless though not as high as i do now.

so long story short i spend quite a bit:) but i save too so it is well balanced and budgeted like any business xoxoalex

Alex your monthly expenditures do show a "spend money to make money." As you state Alex you are getting more mature ;) but I have to say, my oh my you certainly really know how to look after yourself, you are gorgeous.

Saving and budgeting is critical for ladies, to ensure you have those extra monies during needed times.

Guest C*****tte

My expenses would included the following...

Advertising $150-$300 (monthly - depends if I am touring)

Website design & hosting (I do this myself)

Lingerie $150 (I tend to buy a couple of sets every few months)

Photoshoot $300 (I try to do a shoots 3x year - I am friends with my photographer and she gives me an excellent deal and I love the high quality of her work)

Phone $75 (long distance can be an issue because of my US clients)

Hair $150 per month

Nails $120 per month

Taxis - $100-$500 (Per month depending on when I work and where the outcall is. I try to take public transportation when I can but that obviously means more travel time - also something I consider in my budgeting.)

When I tour I must cover the cost of hotel, travel and taxis. A three day trip starts at $600. The further I travel from Montreal the more my overhead is.

I do not consider make-up in my budget as it is from my general collection. Same with hair products.

I have also invested in shoes, dresses and a high quality winter coat. I do mostly outcall in Montreal and I am expected to make certain 'high class' impression when a client opens the door.

Everyone has a different client market. Some clients are not overly particular about clothing or hair and make-up, but some are very much so. I have caught more than one looking at labels of my lingerie. Also I need to match them when going on a dinner date. If one is wearing a designer suit I need to be dressed accordingly.

The other big investment is my time. I have to check email and reply. I have to check references. I also answer as promptly as I can when another lady asks for a reference. I need to monitor my advertising and seek out new opportunities.

All to say, I do not clear $300 an hour.

I have returned to school full time and I am working less, but I am able to do so because for the past two years I have built myself a small but loyal clientele. I feel the investments (time and money) I made have been worth it.

Amanda careful what you ask for. I will address the elphant in the room and say that for some one who claims to be so well educated your spelling and grammar are horrible, it's embarrassing that you flaunt your higher education the way you do yet you can not spell the simplest words.

Also for someone who is so intelligent, it's amazing that you don't understand how your comments could upset people so easily. Confidence has nothing to do with being on the receiving end of some of your thoughtless and hurtful comments, to say that women who where loved by their fathers are nicer is just plain ridiculous. Finally you have a real annoying habit of taking over other peoples threads, it's called highjacking and it's rude, or are you just too smart to understand that ?

NOTE: AMANDA ASKED WHY PEOPLE GET SO DEFENSIVE ABOUT HER POSTS, but has since edited that remark, also not cool. My comments still stand and I know I speak for many.

ONCE AGAIN AMANDA HAS EDITED HER COMMENTS with no explanation, making my comments and others look like uncalled for attacks on her. Let it stand for the record AMANDA asked why we were all so defensive, I ANSWERED.

Yo, yo yo. Before we get all insulting, English IS NOT her first language, which is why her spelling and grammar is not up to snuff. And I think that a lot of what she has said has been misinterpreted because of the language she has chosen, where better words/explanation might have cleared things up, she doesn't have the capacity to do so at this point. So give the girl a break would ya?

Now to the point of the thread:

Advertising per month: about $150

Waxing: $50 every three weeks

Haircut: $35 every three weeks

Cell: $100 a month

Website hosting: free!

I don't get my nails done because I find it too difficult to deal with condoms/gloves and I can't text/type at all with them. My makeup is super lowkey--some blush and lipstain and that's about it.

My tuition is my biggest expense right now, as I still owe the university $1400 for this semester because I couldn't pay via credit card. So pretty much any money I make right now is going directly to that.

My tuition is my biggest expense right now, as I still owe the university $1400 for this semester because I couldn't pay via credit card.

You can't pay tuition with a credit card, but you can take out a cash advance on your credit card and then deposit it into your bank account to pay your tuition.

You can't pay tuition with a credit card' date=' but you can take out a cash advance on your credit card and then deposit it into your bank account to pay your tuition.[/quote']

I opted not to do that, mainly because of the increased interest on a cash advance, and because I was using my partner's card and it would have put him over his limit.

It's not just about pampering ourselves. It's funny I dread my 3hrs at the salon every 6-8weeks getting my hair fried to the right shade of blonde. And as much as I love feeling sexy in lingerie, finding quality sexy garments at resonable prices is time consuming and costly. I am one of the few girls who do not have acrlylic nails and I avoid the mani/pedi costs by enjoying the process of preping myself at home. All together, hair, body lotions,lingerie & makeup I spend 300-400$ every two months.

It's insane to be vain but being boring brings no excitement to the game.

Keep looking beautiful ladies. :wink:Cheers xoxo Jenna

• Like 1

At the risk of sounding like a suck up, you are all beautiful each in your own way both inside and out. I for one appreciate the time, consideration and money you invest in yourselves to help make us gents feel comfy, frisky and pampered and I"m sure the rest of my gentlemen friends do as well!

Yo, yo yo. Before we get all insulting, English IS NOT her first language, which is why her spelling and grammar is not up to snuff. And I think that a lot of what she has said has been misinterpreted because of the language she has chosen, where better words/explanation might have cleared things up, she doesn't have the capacity to do so at this point. So give the girl a break would ya?

I totally agree with Berlin, cowboy.... your comments were over the top rude... i could go on, but im biting my tongue

I think this thread is an eye-opener for some of us in regards to all your expenses.... thx peachy

Dear gentlemen, I apologize, for my previous spelling mistakes & poor grammar. I was quick on the draw to share my reasoning behind these silent extra costs.

I am curious about the ?man-scaping? fees the suitors of CERB are willing to spend. Would anyone like to share? Nothing sends chills through my body faster than running my fingers down the back of my gentleman?s neck, rustling the tips of my fingers against a fresh coif, whilst breathing in the scent of good polo cologne. XoX;-)