Personal Photos and Video

Do you think that A photo taken with your iPhone in the bathroom mirror is sexy and attractive, especially when you unprofessional trying to cover your face?! I really don't think so and I believe in the The expression "Use a picture. It's worth a thousand words." so what kind of picture you would like to promote for your personal image?

Guest discr33t

Well if she isnt well known

I wouldn't mind a sign held in front of the face with the phone number current date and town she is visiting.

I like real and relevant vs. A professional photo that is old and she is unlikely to be presented as in person.

Although I see that a lot in real estate

Hmmm.. Good photos are attractive of course.

On the other side, I prefer to see not professional photos and better looking in reality Lady than vice versa :-)

• Like 1

Any pix where you can clearly identify me is very important. A tattoo showing, face pic, anything.

Having pro pictures is always nicer, but I believe every provider should have at least one cellphone photo, just to prove her pix are not misleading by too much photoshop, and hers.

Videos are a new trend I'm not familiar with, but I think it's a great idea!

Myself I use both. Sometimes my own selfy turns out even better than a pro! But I am not one for hiding my face either. And I am an artist at heart so my background still remains important to me. A dirty place, never! I think integrity is key in all aspects of what I do.

• Like 2

JMO but photos taken with cell phones can be very sexy and attractive. There are a few ladies here who have selfies taken...and those pictures are very attractive.

I think , and just my observation, the biggest problem with selfies using a mirror is that a flash is used and the flash is seen in the mirror. Or standing in front of a light and that causes too much brightness. Probably a little more awareness of lighting would help. But there are other ways to take a selfie, like holding the phone/camera in outstretched hands.

I've found professional photos taken accurately show the lady looks. Professional photos don't change a lady's looks, just show her natural beauty, which was there already

A rambling

RG

• Like 1

I am absolutely for having a mix of professional and cellphone photos. However, the selfie should/can be tasteful.

A selfie taken in a messy bathroom facing a dirty mirror is bad for your look. Also, a toilet should never be used as an accessory to your photos.

• Like 2

I'm guilty of using selfie photos lately but plan for more professional ones but this is what suits me at the moment. However the pictures right now are an accurate representation of me. What you see with the hair, the makeup, the outfits, etc in the pictures is what you will see in person.

Having used high end professional pictures in the past, the problem is with lighting and airbrushing and men tend to have a certain image in their head before meeting the woman and it's that of a glossy magazine photo.

It's impossible to live up to and that's why I have stayed away from very professional photos for a long time. I would rather use more amateur photos or semi professional photos without heavy airbrushing and have someone tell me that my pictures don't do me any justice than having someone being disappointed. There are many great reasons to have professional photos but at the same time, I like to be very realistic. I have changed in this way.

Yes, I take selfies in the mirror but it's usually when the mood strikes or I'm having a really good hair day. lol. I do have volunteers to help me take some pictures but I'm not active much these days in advertising and I just take the selfies to stay relevant. Not all of us show our face so therefore part of it has to be hidden.

I've gone the portfolio route etc and I feel the need to be more active ones of these days, I will supply more pictures that offers more of a representation of the professional that I am and always have been to those who prefer these types of photos.

Just a quick note, just because someone does post selfies or amateur pictures does not mean they don't provide a good service or have a good reputation. I've never had a problem in using these pictures in my ads and receiving new clients.

As someone else mentioned, professional photos are able to capture more than the beauty on the outside but at the same time we shouldn't judge a book by its cover or if it's a selfie, amateur or professional photo.

In every picture, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that can be found in any type of photo when it's done in a tasteful manner imo.

• Like 1

I, too, like both professional and selfie photos. I do this on purpose. Professionally done photos are beautiful and the angle is perfect and everything is just right, and that's great. But, there's a fine line between tweaking a photo to make it look better, and full on photoshopping it to make yourself look different. Ok, maybe it's not that fine of a line. But still. In any sense, I throw in some selfies and the like, to prove that I look like this no matter who's behind the camera. Works for me. :)

• Like 1

Professional photos in my opinion should be used on your website and ads, selfies are better left for twitter and your blog. This is a business - treat it like one and you will reap the rewards.... One who invests in themselves will be rewarded....

• Like 1

I hear reference to photoshopping as if it is something bad. Just my experience from meeting ladies (since 2010) who have had professional photos done. Not one of those professional (and photoshopped) photos misrepresented the ladies' looks in any way shape or form. When I met the lady in person, she looked like her photos. Or is it her photos looked like her? Professional photos just enhance, if that is the right word, the natural beauty that is already there

Using me as an example, professional photos would never get me on the cover of GQ. And they wouldn't use an airbrush on me, more like a gallon of white out LOL. I'm just not male model material

Ladies who have professional photos done, in my experience, don't misrepresent themselves...instead they invest in themselves

A rambling for whatever it's worth

RG

Guest discr33t

I'd say in most cases when the advertising has drawn me in and the service has been great, I end up happy and a repeat customer.

It's only when my expectations are not well met that I am less happy and unlikely to repeat.

So great photos followed up with great service, you can't go wrong!

Additional Comments:

Professional photos in my opinion should be used on your website and ads, selfies are better left for twitter and your blog. This is a business - treat it like one and you will reap the rewards.... One who invests in themselves will be rewarded....

Interestingly the first professionally advertised SP that I met, it was the photos that attracted me, and encouraged me to book at a higher level of consideration than I had previously.