Discussing Services

Excellent post! I also just wanted to bring up the whole texting issue as well. I understand that it's come to be the accepted method of communication by most folks here. However, in light of C-36, wouldn't an old fashioned telephone call be the way to go? Now perhaps I'm way off base, overreacting and assuming the worst, but it seems infinitely preferable when you consider that texts do leave a trail. We hear so much about the need to be discreet, yet a lot of the ads I've seen have a line in them that says "texts only". Thoughts?

It really depends. If I am communicating by text with someone and they have a wife or girlfriend who may see their phone but they never cleared the messages, it falls on the client. However, sometimes I do text my restrictions only. If they ask if I do X and X and Y and Z, sometimes I reply with a simple yes. Or if it's really complicated and I can't say a simple yes, I ask them to call. I've found doing this I can know that he doesn't have a 100% working phone and they back out.

I prefer to verbally say things over the phone. Some things I will say over text. It is very rare that I text my address, very rare. I verbally give it to them. I text my buzzer and apt number only. No one can trace it if someone found it. It goes for GPS systems. It's a two way street. If the client wants to be discrete but forgets to clear the GPS or phone messages it falls onto him (I can't delete those things, it's his responsibility). For me, am I scared someone will find my phone and look through it? One, it has a pass-code on it second, I am careful as to how I handle my work phone out in public. I refuse to answer a call out in public. I leave it at home in a secure place. I'm not really worried.

Another thing, people text each other all the time about sex, couples do it. What would the difference be? There would be a rate said, but there isn't a lot of proof. Everyone talks dirty over text, I prefer not to talk dirty or explicit over text, it's not me.

For me, if someone only books by text it's their choice but it also allows you and her to know you are actually who you say you are, you can ask a question and get a sense how she and client are by the voice.

Also, for me its a BIG NO NO for someone to come to my location, get out of their car and call me. I lecture them when they arrive, they aren't discrete. Texting while walking up to my building is discrete. Many ways to look at this for discretion reasons.

I am not sure what other ladies thoughts are on this. Those are my thoughts and opinions.

Excellent post! I also just wanted to bring up the whole texting issue as well. I understand that it's come to be the accepted method of communication by most folks here. However, in light of C-36, wouldn't an old fashioned telephone call be the way to go? Now perhaps I'm way off base, overreacting and assuming the worst, but it seems infinitely preferable when you consider that texts do leave a trail. We hear so much about the need to be discreet, yet a lot of the ads I've seen have a line in them that says "texts only". Thoughts?

Absolutely love this thread!

I know for myself I will NOT discuss anything explicit through text and I do not do emails for the simple fact of not wanting my messages trailed... I will give my rates for my time and basic services and when ready to confirm and in my location in ask of him to call for address as I do not want my address on his phone for his gf or wife to find (i have had a gf call asking who I am because her man didn't erase my number HIS fault

I prefer to confirm and talk on the phone...just my preference

For those that may not have made the connection.

I posted this in the Winnipeg Massage Discussion Section. This is very specific, as this area seems to have issues with being discrete. Stating graphic services in a public forum. Saying "hey does Sally give oxo?" - this is what I am talking about. Why would anyone post publicly that they are seeking a service that is no longer legal - and why would someone post that they purchased illegal services.

If you would like to discuss other issues, fine, start a new thread - however, I would like to keep this particular thread simple to the issue of discussing services via a public forum. It is not allowed on this site, so please, just don't do it.

• Like 2

Good thread Meaghan

Your thread is good advice to follow considering the legal landscape now and also posting is not allowed under Lyla rules (copied/pasted here) as Meaghan stated in her post

Advertising Sexual Services: As of December 2014 no one is permitted to advertise any sexual services. Please be sure your profile, website you link from lyla.com and general comments do not ask for, advertise or indicate sexual service is or was available.

It's in black and white in the rules...its not rocket science to follow. Given the current laws it's also common sense.

Thanks for the thread

RG

• Like 1