It's too bad us Winnipeggers couldn't have a 'social' like they do in Ottawa. Chavez tried to throw a 'mixer' with an ideal number of SPs and hobbyests, being 6 of each. One guy came. And that was because I brought him! Chavez rented 2 rooms at the Mariaggi and one of them was the Jakarta room! This room was unbelievable. He also rented another theme suite just down the hall, in case anyone wanted some privacy. It turns out with 3 Sps, myself, TinaDDdoll, an SP from TO, and just Chavez and vgedit, we still had a great time. Why wouldn't anyone come? We had trouble getting both SPs and hobbyests to attend. I'd love to hear some feedback from some of you. Would you attend such an event in Winnipeg, if you were invited? I have no idea if he's planning another one, since the last one cost him a lot of money. Oh, and just so you know, I wasn't in charge of inviting anyone the last time! lol

first I've heard of it. must have been a private social. If scheduling worked out I would have interest

I did mention in my last message that I was not responsible for the inviting. That was up to the host. In any case, it's nice to see some of you would attend if we were all so fortunate to have another one.

I would have luv to have cum to this type of event. Still somewhat shy. But from what I have seen the Winnerpeg ladies are smokin hot and maybe they could help me get over my shyness:grin:

Not bad! Myself, Kaylee, Zoe and Tina, hostessing a Winnipeg social. I think that would be a party for all lovers of big, beautiful NATURAL breasts. We all got 'em! :boobies:lol Any more hobbyests interested in coming NOW? ;)

I like many others never heard about this function but then again maybe he wanted you ladies all to himself (can't say I blame him :boobies:).

I would consider such an event but I would need a few weeks notice and it would still depend on the night. Being a single parent its difficult to get away to "socialize" after dinner but I might be able to arrange something with enough notice.

I think the big thing is to do it discretely and in a way only the serious pooners and ladies I know about it. Alot of guys would be scared of someone informing LE and them busting it. Sydnee used to host some type of get togethers. I was invited to a couple but never attended. Maybe someone who had been to one of her's could chime in with advice.

Cheers

A certain level of trust must exist between the SPs and the hobbyests for this to work. No one wants this innocent little get-together to get anyone in trouble, in any way.

But I do need to ask, since I know they do them in Ottawa; is this going to be a meet and greet or an actual 'poly party'? I'm not totally sure how they work, but I know their popular in other cities. Just curious what way most people saw something like this going.

A meet and greet with the opportunity for an intimate encounter is the way I would go. I can't see too many ladies showing up unless there was going to be the opportunity to make a few $$'s. It would have to be in a very private setting and by invitation only. The location only divulged the day of the event, a password to get in and some type of door security.

I know that in the past there have been a few meet and greets at local watering holes but that would not be anything I'd be interersted in. Too public and I don't need to run into anyone I know "Hey, what are you doing here? Who are those hot ladies you're with?"

A meet and greet with the opportunity for an intimate encounter is the way I would go. I can't see too many ladies showing up unless there was going to be the opportunity to make a few $$'s. It would have to be in a very private setting and by invitation only. The location only divulged the day of the event, a password to get in and some type of door security.

I know that in the past there have been a few meet and greets at local watering holes but that would not be anything I'd be interersted in. Too public and I don't need to run into anyone I know "Hey, what are you doing here? Who are those hot ladies you're with?"

I've pretty much stopped going to SCs because of this. Keep running into sons hocky coaches, work colleges, once even the wife of a good friend out on a rip with her friends, whatever.

Nothing like having a smoking hot lady sitting in your lap, only to hear " hey dude, how's it going"? Duh!

What about at a restaurant/lounge that has a private party area? Those can usually be booked without a fee I think.

Or, if an SP opens her home for the party....

Usually the attendance rate is pretty low, despite how many people want to go.... I never got the numbers from Sydnee but I remember doing these sort of things before and there were only about 3 or 4 people who showed. It was also in a public bar, so I'm pretty sure people were lurking in the background and didn't come up to sit with us (which I didn't find that comfortable).

Please let me know if I can help with the prep and planning. Yes, I'm new, but I have been quite successful in arranging other types of professional conferences.