STD Clinic Question

Why not be honest about it all, I mean it might blow up on you but on the other hand you might wind up in an open relationship and able to hobby openly or with 3 girl friends who knows.

My life partners know what I do (sex work), we're honest and safe when it comes to sex and other relationships and all reap the rewards of the trust we have in each other.

Have you read the book The Ethical Slut it's got some good advice between it's covers.

Why doesn't she trust you're word about the results? Why don't you feel comfortable disclosing your experiences with SPs? It sounds to me more like a relationship issue than a VG Hospital Site issue.

Also, why does the questionnaire ask if you've ever paid for sex? Money doesn't increase the risk of STDs or STIs.

I would phone and ask again for a hard copy and explain why ? starting a new monogamous relationship. I got a hard copy once to record proof of my results of an HIV test and got it - no problem. In this case it was a request from an employer in the US. Only condition was that I had to pick it up personally.

I never had to answer a questionnaire before to get tested. I just requested full STD testing from my doctor as part of my physical. He never asked any questions.

Guest s******ecan****

I'm pretty confident that in light of the new "Privacy Act" otherwise known as PIPEDA in Canada the clinic must provide you with the hardcopy you are requesting.

I agree with reddog's and scottthecanuck's advice - press for the hard copy of the test results. There's no reason to reveal your past if your test results are clean, unless you are 100% sure that she would not react unfavourably. Needless to say, I trust you're going to be totally honest and committed to the exclusivity of the relationship if you don't reveal your past - no more hobbying from here on in for you! Wishing you all the best!

When I went in, it wasn't until I went back for the results I realized that I needed to ask for a hard copy in the first visit. It takes time, I found out, and asking when back for results means they take longer to prepare that rather than having it ready beforehand. So next time I will know to check the right box requesting it.

The other thing is please please give out as much info as possible. The std clinic will process you anonymously under an alias if you wish, but the more info they get, the better they can track transmissions, sources or behaviours that can result in stds, etc etc. Better questionnaires is how the cdc can come up with statistics and warnings for safe sex practises. For example, if you fully disclose, they find out that you see sps, usually receive bbbjs and covered fs, but you contract chlamydia, the stats will show that transmission of std via oral sex. This is important information.

The more details you can give the better. IT also educates the health professionals, when you come back for results 2-3 times a year, never getting an std, yet reporting that you have multiple sp partners over the past year. This shows that paid sex can be much safer sex, if yoiu see what I mean.

For the hard copy, well this is your personal information, and you have a right to get it even if it inconveniences them. If they need time to prepare it, let them know you can come back for it later, but you will need it.

The original question and comments on this post have been removed. Up until today the elite members could go back and edit previous posts, doing this obviously causes holes in the site (and in my eyes is abusing this ability) so I have removed the ability for elite members to go back and edit posts past the 24 hours window. I hate holes in the site like this!!

Mod perhaps you could please announce this? I notice a couple of members had no idea about this change since it was only posted in this thread. Thanks!

I have removed the ability for elite members to go back and edit posts past the 24 hours window.