Horrible Movies Let's Save Eachother Time!

I also r e a l I z e d how where a ghost in a #MOVIE# say"s "I'm going to KILL you"

ghost is just having f u n ;

1) ghost is a ghost!

2) its ILLegal to SAY things like that

&

3) there is NO 3 everyone hates a bronze metal ; ESPECIALLY when there are ONLY 3 PARTiSIpants.

Category ACTION is CATEGORY comedy in my world.... also CATeGORY have both words CAT & GORY >X-{

On this Holy day, I would suggest to forget about "The Star"(2017). It's an animated movie about the nativity from the perspective of the animals. I watched it with my 8 year old niece who goes to catholic school. After the first minutes she knew who was what and how it would end. In other words, she was bored. Over 90% of the jokes fall flat and don't quite mix with the serious tone the story tries to keep. The quality of the animation and voice acting are average at best. If your kids are into talking animal movies, "Ferdinand" is a far better movie.

Not the worst movie I seen, but certainly one of the most forgettable.

789057453_MV5BOTY1ZTI0OWEtNTYwOC00YWU2LThhNmQtZWZkZDc2MTBlZDQ2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjY1NjA5Nzk@._V1_SY264_CR20178264_AL_.jpg.30107f45219e19f17ed917bedf25c156.jpg

Set in a small town near the North Pole where roads lead to nowhere, the story follows Roman (DeHaan) and Lucy (Maslany), two burning souls who come together to make a leap for life and inner peace.

You might be tempted to watch because it stars Tatiana Maslany  from "Orphan Black"

99931569adf25029e81301b5fe5c399a.thumb.jpg.57f5b04c0bc4cd3135dfb9cb3d9e5d9c.jpg

Trust me skip it...

Titanic...I confess I didn't watch it, have been told how great it is. One night surfing the channels and it was on halfway through the movie...this was the scene (well this is the excerpt from that scene)

Save yourself Jack, get to the lifeboat now...fast!!! LOL

How stupid can she be, reminiscing while the whole damn ship is sinking.  She strikes me as a Darwin Award candidate. 

A movie I won't watch ever

RG

titanic.gif

The two movies I want to talk about are not "horrible", but plain forgettable:

"Ghostsbusters"(2016) and "Solo: A Star Wars Story"(2018).

The first movie was suppose to be the reboot that would revive a beloved franchise after 27years away from the big screen. But the movie lack of creativity and overuse of cameos and Easter eggs constantly reminded audience on how the original "Ghostbusters"(1984) is such a great movie. Even the marketing and first trailer made it confusing as it wasn't clear if this was a sequel or a reboot. If the movie would have distanced itself from the original, had a better script and hadn't relied on ad-libbed scenes, this would have been a far superior movie. And that, no matter the gender or race of the cast.

"Solo" is not a bad movie but lacks purpose as nobody really asked for an origin story. If the producers and studio would have given directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller(The Lego Movie) a chance to complete their vision with a more comedic take on "Star Wars", the movie would have likely been more appreciated, unique and profitable. But by reshooting the entire movie to play it straight, they created bad press and an inflated budget($275–300 million) they couldn't recoup. 

Hopefully those two franchises will get a dose of creativity in the near future.

I'll do something unusual by talking about a movie I not only never seen, but only coming out in theaters on February 14. The movie is "Alita: Battle Angel". 

The movie is based on the early 90's Japanese Manga and animated short movie "Battle Angel" about a rebuilt cyborg girl. From the first reviews, the visuals are apparently stunning and real efforts are made to honor the source material. But this is where the good things end.

After the success of "The Lord of the Rings", "Harry Potter" and the "Marvel Cinematic Universe", every studios are working on the next big franchise. And for each successful launch, there over a hundred failures, and this is the problem with "Alita: Battle Angel". Instead of telling a simple story in the traditional three act structure, the entire movie is about world building and introducing characters that will only be relevant in future movies(if ever made). So, the movie has no story and pretty much act as an expensive teaser.

This is far from the first time it happens. We seen this with "The Golden Compass" (2007), "The Mummy"(2017) that was supposed to launch "The Dark Universe" and quite recently with "Mortal Engines". It's unclear if "Alita: Battle Angel" will suffer the same fate. They already predict low revenues for North America and it's unclear if the Asian markets will provide the $400+ millions required to make it profitable for sequels. And as James Cameron is already betting his future on the "Avatar" franchise, I doubt he'll be able to salvage both properties.

If you're curious about the source material, watch the animated movie and wait to see if this movie will go somewhere before investing your time and money in it.

"Holmes & Watson"(2018)

Will Ferrell can be a comic genious when working with a good director and a coherent script. But when his performance is entirely adlibbed, it becomes an incoherent mess.

A complete waste of time and talents. If you want to laugh, there always the old Mel Brooks classics.

I already mentioned the new " "Mortal Kombat" in the "Have you watched any good movies lately?" thread and still think it's "ok" if you like the franchise and don't spent real money to see it.

That being said, we need to address the "elephant in the room" regarding the BS marketing for that movie.

Even if the movie doesn't contain real spoilers, I'll still issue a "SPOILER WARNING" in regard to the plot.

If you seen the trailer, posters and other promotional material for that movie, you would think it was about a feud between Scorpion and Sub-Zero. And the movie opens with a great, emotional and well shot scene delivering on that. But right after, the real story start and it's completely unrelated. We instead follow a bland main character with no true motivations. And other than a few brief dream sequences implying both are related, none of it is really connected. We got to wait for the end of the movie to see Scorpion return. And while the fight is again "ok", it feels like a tacked on sub-plot with no real payoff.

It's unclear if this was added to an existing script or was the product of reshoots after some test screening. But the Scorpion vs Sub-Zero was never part of the original story. Tacking it on to promote the movie on it was a BS move by the studios and distributors.

It's not the first time we seen this, but this is quite blatant. Again, don't pay to watch this.

Four Hours Of My Life I'll Never Get Back

Watched two movies on Netflix yesterday...all I can say is Don't !!!!

First  MIB International

Second Glass

Can't say I was disappointed but it was even worse than expected...for both imo of course

A Rambling 

RG

• Like 1

A few more films not to see 

Sadly I did 😢

The Poison Rose 👎

The Tax Collector 👎

---------------

One, neither recommendable nor non recommendable is "Lansky"...at best a 6 out of ten IMO

Time to watch a repeat 😆

A No Recommendation Rambling. The opinions expressed here today are mine and not the tv station's 😆 

RG

• Like 1