How Far Ahead to Book?

We've seen many threads about 'no shows' and also last minute bookings. For me I've never missed or cancelled an appointment, although I've been bailed on a couple of times by both agencies and indies. If anything perhaps I'm the other extreme and like to plan things well out in advance. If booked well in advance the anticipation time can be used to converse and build up the excitement - assuming both parties enjoy that. So my question, in particular to the ladies, is what is the ideal time to have an appointment booked in advance? (1 day, couple days, week, couple weeks, etc..)

Guys feel free to add your normal operating procedures and what seems to work for you.

Thanks.

WC

Guest t******81

Totally agree with you, I like to do it well ahead of time to get it out of the way and not to worry about availabilites and/or schedule conflicts on both parts. Once booked, you can relax and anticipate the meeting with excitement.

Unfortunately there will never be a perfect timeframe to ensure no issues arise, but I've found that booking a week in advance gives a lot of time to get to know each other over email, and it's soon enough that nothing should really come up to interrupt the appointment. I've had people book two weeks in advance or more, and I've had to reschedule our date due to things out of my control (like my teenaged sister coming to visit, eek!!!). However, if I've had to reschedule, I've let the gentlemen know as soon as I find out, and ensure to suggest other times around the original date and have always been able to reschedule, but my point is that too far in advance is difficult because you just never know what may come up.

I prefer to book well in advance, since I have to plan my professionnal schedule weeks ahead.

So when I see that I have some availability for this "exciting" hobby, and I want to meet a specific SP, I make my first approach at least a week in advance; it allows me to prepare for the encounter and email the SP to build a connection. After all, the fun is also in the anticipation of a very exciting moment.

Rule #1--never be a `no show`...thta is just bad manners

Rule #2--if something comes up then I notify the SP ASAP that I just can`t do it at that time and then I reschedule or indicate that I will get back to her...and always an apaology for possibly screwing up her schedule

Just common decency and respect...like I respect from my clients in my profession

Booking more than a day in advance usually dosen`t work for me and although I do `miss out` from time to time that is just the way it is

And usually it has to be the day of when I know my own `openings`...so I `miss out` a lot

C`est la vie!!!

I much rather be booked in advance especially if I'm traveling. This way i can at least know if my trip will be worth it. We put out a lot of money when we travel so advance booking is so much appreciated.

kisses,

Emma

I almost never plan my visits, I usually get horny and have to have it right then!

My name is Apex and I have a problem!

• Like 1

I don't believe there is a right or wrong answer to this, each lady is an individual and will have her own preferences, you are best to contact the lady you are interested in and see what works best with her specific lifestyle.

I personally prefer to have my dates planned well in advance and enjoy using that time to get to know someone, to exchange emails and to develop a sense of who they are as a person and to develop a certain level of trust. By time I meet someone we are fairly familiar with each other and it feels more like meeting a friend, a companion, a lover than it does knocking on the door of a stranger.

I currently have dates that are set as far in advance as January and a tentative plans as far ahead as March (recurring dates) I'm comfortable making arrangements that far in advance as we both have an understanding that schedules change and life happens and that if something comes up we will have the courtesy to notify each other.

If you arrange a date a few hours in advance you can still have traffic mishaps, get into accidents, get called back into work, etc. and have to reschedule. I find if you have arranged your date a month in advance you are not likely to run into those issues because you have anticipated the date for so long, this is an event and often you have arranged for a full day off, you have made arrangements and taken care of any 'incidentals' that might interfere... of course if you get stuck in an elevator you are still out of luck.

If you arrange a week in advance you can still catch a flu, you can still have a family emergency, you can still have a work project that needs immediate attention, etc. There is no real sure fire way to avoid the needs of our outside lives and the same goes for the ladies.

I have flown to other cities only to arrive a sneezing, sniffling mess. I was once in a car on my way to an overnight date and had a pet sitter call me to say my pet was seizing - I'm not sure if my date thought I was lying or not as we had never met before but I cancelled and headed straight home. Oh and lets not discuss a suspected food poisoning incident... :oops: I'd rather not go there (though I now have the lyrics "Getting to know you, getting to know all about you" in my head). Needless to say we were both happy to cancel after having had dinner out that night. :(

My point is that life happens whether you plan or not, I've had people cancel a few minutes before or reschedule weeks/months before and I've had to do the same. I prefer making plans in advance as it works with my schedule but other ladies don't figure out what works with your schedule and lifestyle and see the ladies that suit your preferences. :)

You just want to work with what her booking policies are, and be flexible at that. Knowing that anything can and does happen that is.

I have had people call from the other side of town, and fail to show up 15 minutes later. Others call a week or a few days ahead, and be on time.

I have a 2 call policy. By all means call any day of the week to check my availability. Give me an idea of day or time, so that I can tell you if that is a day I am here all day, or have other plans. Call that morning, in case anything has come up for my schedule that prevents me from being here. Lately, I have had kitchen work going on, and altho I push for early AM, and am told it will take 10 minutes, even so people show up on their time frame not mine. So 9-9:30 is the agreed time, but it is now 10:45 and the person is not done still. Thankfully, I pushed for the early time, cuz originally they wanted to be here at 10:30-11:00!!

anyway, on the topic. A call (not an email, not a text, when you are looking at making and confirming appts, never ever ever allow yourself to rely on "assuming" anything. Mainly the last call is when the person is ready to head over, estimate the ETA. I do not care one bit if someone is earlier or later, as long as they make that call or don't assume I will drop everything because they call from 5 minutes away and expect me to be ready. If someone calls a few days earlier, suggests a time, and cannot make it, I do not care at all if they do not call to let me know. IMO, there is not an appt until they confirm on the way.

But I don't have a limited schedule. You can call any time between 9AM and 10PM 7 days a week. The only exception, for the obvious, is that errands must be run and other obligations may take me away for part of a day, any of which I know by 9AM the day or the day before.

I appreciate booking ahead of time. I'm rarely available on a last-minute basis and only sometimes on a same-day basis. I have many clients who live out of town but travel to Vancouver on business frequently. One of those has booked time with me through next spring. Another comes to the city three times a year and usually spends three evenings with me, so he books ahead of time, too. I have a few regular clients who like to see me once a month, and they book ahead to be sure that they have the day and time they prefer. Sometimes, I can go weeks without seeing anyone new, and at others, I may be seeing only new clients. I generally know what my week is going to be like by Friday afternoon, and I don't bother booking appointments on Mondays because 90% of them cancel.

New clients who make an appointment 24-48 hours ahead are much appreciated!

Since I live in small town Ontario I need to plan ahead of time (2-3 months) for my hobbying. That's so I can ensure I have a weekend freed up (I do have other obligations in my life) to travel either to Toronto (2 1/2 hour drive, or Ottawa 3 1/2-4 hour drive) to meet a lady.

I've got specific dates planned for Nov, Dec and Jan, and once Dec hits, I'll plan specific dates for Feb (already know who I'm seeing), March and April.

It works for me, and if I contact any lady well ahead of time, I'm serious when I contact you, just need ample lead time due to where I live and the demands made on my time

RG

Personally, I just love when someone sends me a proper email, introducing themselves, telling me where they found my ad and a date and time they're interested in seeing me. Even if it's for the next day. Although

I do realize not everyone can plan ahead, but it's just so much more meaningful than a call out of nowhere to see me in an hour, or worse yet, a text. I'm not complaining though. Just stating my preference. :)

Most everytime I like to give about a weeks notice. It esures my schedule is open and it gives the girl a chance to head for the hills....:)

Peace

MG

Most everytime I like to give about a weeks notice. It esures my schedule is open and it gives the girl a chance to head for the hills....:)

Peace

MG

Thanks for the morning giggle, mrgreen.

I usually prefer to book at least a week in advance. This allows me to adjust my schedule if required to fit her availabilities. It also provides some time to exchange e-mails and like Kyra says:

"enjoy using that time to get to know someone, to exchange emails and to develop a sense of who they are as a person and to develop a certain level of trust. By time I meet someone we are fairly familiar with each other and it feels more like meeting a friend, a companion, a lover than it does knocking on the door of a stranger."

The anticipation of meeting someone new or a lady you have enjoyed a previous liaison with adds to the overall experience in my opinion.

I have booked up to 6 weeks in advance. On the other end of the scale I have done same day bookings, these being agency ladies. I do normally need a few hours before the meeting to make myself somewhat presentable. Wouldn't want her to "head for the hills".

I usually have the best sessions when they are booked 1-3 days in advance. It's enough time to enjoy the anticipation, but not so much that schedules are subject to change.

Guest **cely***r***ne

When I'm travelling I like to have notice the day of or a couple days after I've posted my intended tour. It makes it that much more comforting to know that I have my days lined up for me for when I get there!

But a few days is enough to get to know a person before meeting them I think. I mean, and this is a personal opinion...but how much more can you get to know about a person from a email? I get the personality and the trust and the feel of the person I am meeting...but I find it just as easy to get to know them in person.

Edited by **cely***r***ne

I too prefer advance booking,however I know this is not always possible for someone to do.I try to be available for short notice however I rarely am:( I do like to get a polite email from someone when enquiring about a date,some details about themselves and when they would like to meet.For me though advance booking is what I am most comfortable with meaning at least 1 -2 days notice if not more.

Muah Alexo

Given I live in rural Saskatchewan I normally book as soon as an SP posts a potential visit to Winnipeg, Regina or Saskatoon. A horrendous late October blizzard on the prairies 10 days ago forced me to cancel an appointment which made me feel very guilty even though the Yellowhead highway was closed due to drifts on the day of my appointment. That is the one drawback in terms of booking too far ahead on the prairies in winter. I hope SPs who visit the prairies in winter realize this stumbling block especially those from Victoria who rarely see such weather. Thanks.

Given I live in rural Saskatchewan I normally book as soon as an SP posts a potential visit to Winnipeg, Regina or Saskatoon. A horrendous late October blizzard on the prairies 10 days ago forced me to cancel an appointment which made me feel very guilty even though the Yellowhead highway was closed due to drifts on the day of my appointment. That is the one drawback in terms of booking too far ahead on the prairies in winter. I hope SPs who visit the prairies in winter realize this stumbling block especially those from Victoria who rarely see such weather. Thanks.

Well said! And don't forget it goes both ways. For those SPs, like myself, who drive out these places, the same thing can happen, so hopefully everyone on both sides will be understanding when it comes to prairie winters.:-)

I much prefer advance booking. As the rest of the ladies have (mostly) all stated, it gives us time to get to know you. Plus, since my school schedule is rather heavy this year, if you book in advance then I can plan my studying/writing/freaking out around that.

In order to see my two most favourite girls, Heidi & Nikita, I usually book as soon as I see them advertising in a location near me. I need to do this in order to ensure that I can have a time slot that works for me as both of these ladies book up very quickly. That usually means that I am booking about 3-4 weeks in advance of the appointment time.

If I leave it until 7-10 days before their arrival, I hardly ever get to see them. Shop early & avoid disappointment.