This won't be a popular post, but...ethically!!!

So, I come to Ottawa a few times for business. I dont have time "or ability" to go for a massage in my home town. So, I truly enjoy coming to Ottawa. Now I have a big, LIFE changing problem. During a great massage, I was offered a body slide, it was great until "too much contact", now I have a "medical issue" that I can guarantee I know from whom and from where. Ethically, do I announce it here to protect any other customers? Do I contact the establishment? Do I contact the MA? I am sick to my stomach about the "total medical ramifications" that I am waiting for results on. I had a few massage for relaxation, always thought they were safe. Any suggestions?

I think the answer depends on what the medical issue is. Although contacting MA if you are sure who is responsible seems to be a given to me. The spa should know as well.

I would hope any other clients who could be affected would be contacted by the spa if possible.

I would caution about public posting if some facts are at all in question. Perahps ask Mod for advice

Additional Comments:

have to admit I am dying to know details as its kinda scary sound --ing.

Do hope you're OK tho

• Like 1

Don't announce it here without 'beyond a reasonable doubt' proof. I would recommend immediately contacting the MA, not so sure about the agency unless she is still on schedule and hasn't replied to you....

Given the potential lack of symptoms for many STI's it is very challenging to be 100% certain where a problem may have been encountered. Good on you for regularly and frequently getting tested.

You've already solved 1/2 the problem as certainly none of the ladies here will book an appointment with you any time soon. Hopefully the MA from whom you feel the problem arose is seeking the appropriate medical treatment that you are pursuing....

... best of luck!

• Like 3

Be very careful about what you say. You haven't specified what the Medical issue is, nor how you think you got something from "too much contact" during a body slide and how you know exactly who you got it from. I am not saying it is not possible, but it is a bit of a stretch in my mind. You haven't even specified that it is an STI.

First step is contact the provider and lay it out. See what the provider says. Inform the spa if she is not indy to make sure they take precautions. She should get tested even if she thinks she is not the one who can pass on the medical issue.

You have just put a chill through the whole community by posting this publicly, before trying to resolve the issue privately.

• Like 5

After looking into you posts statistics, I see much of your posts are fear based and much confusion about who does what etc....as example this thread...

which is titled " Bodyslide...Safe??".

http://www.lyla.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=214052

I am thinking perhaps you should only stay in the confinement's of your own comfort level. Personal health is everybody's OWN responsibilities, and we all must be fully aware and informed on our statist on a currant bases!

• Like 6

So, to answer a few of the comments above.. I purposely kept my post a little vague as I was not sure if the Mods would allow it. Yes we are talking about and STI, and as of yet, still waiting for results.

It was in a Spa, and during the session in question, I commented on being too close, and she just laughed it off.

I will contact the MA directly, but the other issue is how many other clients of hers have been affected without knowing?

I will post again once results are back...

Hoping for good news.

.... but the other issue is how many other clients of hers have been affected without knowing?

Hoping for good news.

This indicates to me that you don't know (just like any of her other clients!)

Hopefully you post again with good news but I have to say that, so far, that it was, at best, irresponsible for you to start this thread.

Here's me hoping this thread is neither justified nor unjustified.

From the viewpoint of not only a MP/SPAM but also as a legitimate therapist of a number of.modalities...and as a person with a lot of years of medical background.....I have a few questions that came.to mind rather quickly...

- how soon after seeing this person did you experience any symptoms...?

- is it an 'actual' sti? (As in..has a doctor.told.you)

- what type.of oils were used during the session?

Most sti's take a number of days to show.symptoms

A doctor run test also typically takes a few days for definitive results...

And a number of things that can 'seem' like an sti....are simply a reaction to a product used...or an ingredient in them.....yeast infection and/or a uti being the most common body reaction...and neither is an sti :)

I have also seen a number of your posts and you do seem to be a bit.more than slightly frightened of far too many things...even before they happen....can't be fun ;)

Purrrhaps taking the advice of those others who have also commented...and stay well within your comfort.zone...an MP who stays clothed.... might be just the thing. ....

Myself - and this is just my two cents...and again...just from the viewpoint of an MP/SP.....just from your.posts and the reactions they cause....you would not be one I would likely agree to see.... (makes no difference as I'm not in Ottawa hehe but far too much 'fallout' seems.to occur with some of your visits. ....just my humble - yet blunt...opinion) ;)

Additional Comments:

So, to answer a few of the comments above.. I purposely kept my post a little vague as I was not sure if the Mods would allow it. Yes we are talking about and STI, and as of yet, still waiting for results. It was in a Spa, and during the session in question, I commented on being too close, and she just laughed it off. I will contact the MA directly, but the other issue is how many other clients of hers have been affected without knowing?

Hoping for good news.

(I know I have already posted but this really has my claws out!)

.....I am rather disappointed that someone would basically accuse someone of giving them an sti when they don't even know it is one!

Most providers do this type of work as a main source of income... and rely on having clients... your fear-filled posts can ruin someone without having first armed yourself with the proper knowledge.... quite unacceptable from any viewpoint really, to go off half-c0cked and scare everyone here.

No client on here.... (or provider for that matter) needs to be subjected to the paranoia and possible loss of business these sorts of things can and do cause. And again, in my typical blunt fashion.... think man! ;)

there is no place on this, or any other board for this type of hype.... freaks out potential clients.... loses business for providers, tarnishes the reputation of the provider/spa/business they are out of.... and with nothing concrete to back it up..... puuuuursonally, my money's on a yeast infection....

and I still would be interested (as a professional therapist/health provider.. let alone the MP/SP aspect) in your answers to my questions .. feel free to PM me....

• Like 8

many, many, things emulate signs and symptoms of STI's. what are yours?

no, nevermind, i trust the doctor will sort you out. hope it doesn't fall off.

• Like 2

I personally have had reactions to some products used, mostly baby oil for some reason. I break out in a rash, especially on my back but also elsewhere!! Baby Oil is a last resort and if I visit an MA who uses it I request that she only use a bit if nothing else is available and would bring some proper massage oil on any subsequent visit.

Massage oils are readily available in small and large quantities in Ottawa and I really wish MAs would save the Baby Oil for babies and use massage oils for massage.

I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be a reaction to the oils used. Am anxious to read a follow-up!

• Like 3

Guest st*****ens**ors

I am baffled by this post. If no STI has been diagnosed, why would one contemplate contacting an agency, or posting a warning on a public board?

Unless contact was more than "close", the odds of transmission are infinitesimal.

However the odds of hurting the MA you visited by broadcasting suspicions are better than even. Please wait for your test results, and if they are unfavorable, proceed with great discretion in contacting the provider.

So, to answer a few of the comments above.. I purposely kept my post a little vague as I was not sure if the Mods would allow it. Yes we are talking about and STI, and as of yet, still waiting for results.

It was in a Spa, and during the session in question, I commented on being too close, and she just laughed it off.

I will contact the MA directly, but the other issue is how many other clients of hers have been affected without knowing?

Hoping for good news.

Why did you bother to post this when you aren't even positive you have an STI? Also on this board, if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.

This is not the place to be publicly outing providers no matter what the outcome.

If necessary, you need to deal with this in a mature manner and contact the provider directly.

When you play, you have to accept the responsibility for your own sexual health.

I find it a bit 'amusing', that after causing sooo much cr@p on here with that initial post (had my claws out in full force... unreal!) and saying that he would post the results.... nothing further has been put on by him...

purrrrrhaps he took some of the advice/comments here to heart and has found a hobby that is more to his comforrrrt level....

...hope so.

It's more likely you are allergic to the scented soap they wash their hands in, or the detergent they wash the sheets and towels in, than in baby oil. Only way to tell is get a bottle of j and j and put some on your inner forearm for five minutes. Or until it itches like mad first then wash with copious hot water and soap.

• Like 1