Is it better to recommend or review?

Guest *Ste***cque**

Of course, on here we can only recommend, which I personally think is a wise move.

Still, do you think it is better to recommend something or is it better to review something? Both are subjective but there is a difference.

Recommend focuses mostly on the positive aspects of a person or place. It says something is good and deserves to be chosen. Reviews are more personal and can give a voice to powerless people, or those who suffer from a feeling of powerlessness. Sadly nowadays, reviews have mostly become vehicles to act vindictively if you don't get your way. Human nature at its most basic level.

I think the world is difficult enough with very little empathy for honest mistakes. With that in mind I prefer to be positive and if I can't say anything nice, I don't say anything at all. In other words, I stick with recommendations, especially when dealing with people or small businesses. Smart people will catch the nuance.

So, are you a recommendation kind of person or a reviewer?

I prefer recommendation, I like to read/write positive things about the ladies that I have seen/will see.

Mind you that reviews will warn you about possible things you may encounter during a visit to bad dates.

All too often, 'reviews' become detailed descriptions of the encounter, which I find creepy and cringeworthy. I don't need to read about your soapy shower fun or how many positions you fit into a 30min appointment. You're not in high school any more !

By all means recommend a lady and speak to her attributes, personality, welcoming space etc but please resist the urge to provide lurid details. It's very disrespectful to the person who was kind enough to spend intimate time with you.

• Like 6

All too often, 'reviews' become detailed descriptions of the encounter, which I find creepy and cringeworthy. I don't need to read about your soapy shower fun or how many positions you fit into a 30min appointment. You're not in high school any more !

By all means recommend a lady and speak to her attributes, personality, welcoming space etc but please resist the urge to provide lurid details. It's very disrespectful to the person who was kind enough to spend intimate time with you.

I don't agree about being disrespectful to a lady to describe an encounter if she encourage you to do so. Some people do love to have the play by play story of our experience with them. With all do respect only do it with the ladies approval. In any case it has gotten tough to do so on Lyla since the law changed and it could be better this way.

Just my 2 cent !

You can also put me down as more of a fan of recommendations.

To my mind the benefits of having the overall more positive atmosphere that this creates outweighs anything that is lost.

I think something people sometimes forget is not having reviews does not mean you can't warn of scams. It is fair to report a bait and switch, theft, or violent situation.

But if a lady is legitimate and it's just that you didn't have a good time with her, the chemistry wasn't there, or whatnot, them I'm all for the idea of "if you don't have anything nice to say, then..."

• Like 2

It often takes new members a while to even understand the difference between the two terms. Often I hear qustions like " if I had a bad experience, shouldn't I let others know about it?" At first glance, the question seems to have merit. Until of course you see the negitivity, drama and general sh*t slinging that invites.

I come here to find the good experiences. Not the bad ones. (Who needs those?)

Hats off to the mods for their tireless efforts to keep the negitivity away, and for keeping this such an enjoyable site.

• Like 2

You can't really write an honest review on Lyla if it is anything other than a recommendation.

I have found external reviews on other sites to be very useful when deciding who to avoid.

Guest st*****ens**ors

Lyla is a recommendation board, not a review board. That means that positive experiences are related here, and negative experiences are simply not discussed, unless they involved danger or fraud.

If you want to know who to avoid, visit a review board. If you want to find reputable providers to meet, visit a recommendation board.

It isn't complicated.

And yes, I prefer recommendations to reviews. The former generally treat providers as persons, and the latter as products.

If you want to know who to avoid, visit a review board. If you want to find reputable providers to meet, visit a recommendation board.

Very general statement and not true at all. Many reviews give a glowing positive review of a provider.

And to say all are reputable on a reco board is a bit naive. Can you prove this?! Quite a blanket statement.

Yes many on a reco are great but lots of providers are mentioned here and on review boards with positivity.

• Like 1

This is a recommendation board so I prefer recommendations. Want to know about what providers give good experiences. Want to to know which girls are real and live up their ads. I read the review boards also and some reviews are useful. Other's are very negative about some of the providers that I have met. All sessions are not the same for each client. Depends on connection and chemistry and whether the stars align for you that day. See this thread for more detail: http://www.lyla.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=166697

And this other thread about why post a recommendation :

http://www.lyla.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=237469

Let's try to keep this thread on the positive note.

Guest st*****ens**ors

That's a fair criticism actually. I was being glib about the difference and trying to boil it down to the essentials.

Of course there are positive reviews as well as negative reviews. However you'll find positives on both sites, and negatives on only one, so the binary distinction of why visit each site has a measure of practical usefulness.

And not every provider on Lyla is reputable, but those who pile up positive recommendations are generally safe bets.

I personally dislike the tone that often emerges on the other board, but I'm sure there are civil discussions there, just as there are occasionally offensive ones here.

Cheers

Very general statement and not true at all. Many reviews give a glowing positive review of a provider.

And to say all are reputable on a reco board is a bit naive. Can you prove this?! Quite a blanket statement.

Yes many on a reco are great but lots of providers are mentioned here and on review boards with positivity.

Guest *Ste***cque**

Thanks for the comments. Most people are on here because they too want to keep things positive.

I have written reviews in the past but they are only on Tripadvisor and strictly objective reviews of the resort where we stayed. Saying I found the pool too small may not be fair but no one is going to lose sleep over my comment.

I think subjective reviews of "people" are a very bad idea. When did we start to think it was OK to review another fellow human being? The psychological hurt that a poor review can do is not justifiable, especially given how nasty some people can be, anonymously hidden behind their computer.

I'll stick to recommendations only and follow Brad's advice if I ever have a negative experience.

Thanks again for the comments. This place is what you make of it. Thankfully we have a lot of positive members.