Acts of kindness

Thanks for sharing, Cato. It's certainly a poignant reminder of the true human side of our interactions with others, not just in this hobby but in everyday life. There have been so many incredibly wonderful ladies who have gone above and beyond, and have given of themselves selflessly. I can recall at least two such experiences myself. Although these encounters occurred many years ago, whenever they come to mind, the memories warm my heart and put me at ease all over again...

The first was a lady in Toronto who spent some of her free time with me before our appointment. We headed downtown, walked for awhile, engaged in great conversation, and ended with her taking me out for lunch!!

On another occasion, a lady spent an extra three hours with me off the clock. Neither of these were expected, but I was very flattered. It felt good to know that they held me in such esteem, and made me want to pay it forward...

• Like 6

I 100% agree Cato and thank you for sharing. :)

From time to time I message one of my clients who have been loyal and kind to me, we message a lot, endless conversations about food, places, movies, Christmas, you name it, we talk about it. He visits and it's such a nice experience because we continue to chat throughout our time and then continue after. He is the perfect client, he is genuine, polite and isn't vulgar at all. I appreciate him for his kindness and who he is as a person.

I enjoy conversation, either online, text, or in person. All I want in return is respect and kindness. Then anything else is history from there on.

I like the saying that Ellen says, "Be kind to one another"

• Like 8

I will just say I have been blessed to have met a few amazing people, even bordering on epic, that I am so grateful to know and be able to talk and share with no matter the capacity. With the latest chaos, the support I received has overwhelmed me.

Likewise, I hope I have touched others and made them smile in some way.

I know there are many who view this as an industry to remain detached, aloof and disconnected from but that, for me, defeats the purpose of truly living. Thankfully there is someone for everyone so everyone can get a little of what they need.

• Like 7

I helped a more elderly than me lady find her car which she has misplaced in a large mall parking lot. She thanked me said I was a nice young man.

Not sure which act was kinder :)

Peace

MG

• Like 6

It's a small thing (and quite a bit less substantial than some of the other comments above), but I just wanted to say how important it is to be given a hug at the end of a session. Even if just light and distant. It just feels like an acknowledgment of you as a person (rather than a wallet or a piece of meat). It can feel a little crushing not to get that. I'd rather have no HE and a hug or other gentle act of kindness than the opposite.

• Like 1

I really like getting a big hug by my clients before they leave. Somehow it feels like it "sceals" or gives a beautiful closure to the intimate connection that occured. I too feel appreciated by this gesture! So it is both ways!

It's a small thing (and quite a bit less substantial than some of the other comments above), but I just wanted to say how important it is to be given a hug at the end of a session. Even if just light and distant. It just feels like an acknowledgment of you as a person (rather than a wallet or a piece of meat). It can feel a little crushing not to get that. I'd rather have no HE and a hug or other gentle act of kindness than the opposite.
  • Like 2

What a fantastic thread :)

I too enjoy hugs, and get them.. all day in my profession.. such a purrrfect thing, a hug :)

I have a few clients who give off a vibe that says they aren't 'huggers'.. so.. I don't hehe.. but definitely goes a long way to indeed 'seal' things...

and purrrrsonally, I have no idea how any provider in this profession *could* remain detached and withdrawn... just.... ew! ;)

as far as 'acts of kindness'... I had a woman cry in my office the other day, when after I explained the therapy that I felt would work best for her, and told her the cost... she rolls her eyes, sighs and got ready to leave... and I stopped her, told her that whatever she can 'comfortably manage' to pay was fine with me.... she literally cried...

(I have a policy in my clinic where, I do not do what I do to make a million dollars, but to make a difference in someone's life.. so on certain days, with certain people.. the 'fees' for therapies here, are $10/each instead of what they *really* are... I may be a wonderfully twisted perrrrrrvert.. but I do enjoy being able to look at myself at the end of my day) ;)

...and no.... <grin> my lovely massages and 'other fun things' are not in that category hehe.. =P

• Like 4